fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
You can probably still find a pre v0.24.0 version on subscribe star if you want to play pre rework chapter 1.

I started right around the time it got reworked. But I don't remember anymore what pre rework events I played. I think I started on one of the v0.23 parts But then I saw that it got reworked and I updated partway through. It's hard to tell now though because a lot of the events are in the same locations and have a similar basic structure.
Much appreciated; finally have a chance to do proper comparisons and correct plenty of my own misremembering.

For people's convenience, the link from his subscribestar is here (v0.23.0 part2) if anyone wants to check it out

--------
Despite my preferences, I can now get by the decision of revamping Am I Awake and The Room With Clocks, knowing he’s trying to transition (or reveal the true color of) this work from FAP material to great WTF material. For me the originals still pack more punch, but yea what we have now is fine.

Putting the story pacing or his vision for LiL aside, the most noticeable and appreciated improvement I'd say is his camera movement in rendering scenes. Looking back at these pre-reworked stuff, plenty of events look like talking to action figures, or watching 3 WoW players chatting from a sizable distance, really doesn't feel as engaging or involved as what we have now.

cichol

Jul 31, 2021
Well, those of you talking about it have probably already seen my most recent comment in the Dissonance thread. I really do see potential in the game, once it finally gets passed this slow as fuck pre-relationships phase, once a bunch of the girls are doing things with Toru and the dev starts working some real interaction between them and each other i can see each update being hotly anticipated... but right now it just feels so god damn slow, every conversation and interaction feels like all participants are being very VERY careful not to step even a single inch further than they know is safe, even when it's fucking obvious what's going on. I keep waiting for the next update to finally start the real game but then it ends yet again and i'm like... 'not this one i guess'. It's not bad, but it's not good either.
I'm just waiting until I see the vaginal sex tag so I can start investing my time in it. I wish more devs would give us the whole outline to their story if they are going to abandon it.

Angra Shadow

Jun 6, 2023
Am I the only one that likes reading the majority of the mad monologues? Their mostly meandering makeup masquerading a maniacal malfeasance matching the melancholic malcontent of our mostly mad misanthropic main character.

(I'm sorry. Maybe it is best to not read the monologues if this is what they did to me.)
I like them in concept, the idea that Akira is so out of touch with his emotions that he, like the writer he is, would rather go on a whole pretentious monologue to describe them than just be honest with himself. The problem is that it gets really frustrating to read them so often and about the most mundane moments/interactions, if they were more rare I wouldn't have had an issue.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Am I the only one that likes reading the majority of the mad monologues? Their mostly meandering makeup masquerading a maniacal malfeasance matching the melancholic malcontent of our mostly mad misanthropic main character.

(I'm sorry. Maybe it is best to not read the monologues if this is what they did to me.)
I also like it, strangely it is very satisfying for me to read these monologues.

Well, I've already accepted that I have problems, so reading this and making things a little worse can't do much harm, right?.........right?

Mad Hatter

Nov 17, 2017
I also enjoy the monologues. It's fun looking into a mind breaking down or short-circuiting. The incoherent jumps in thought as anxiety causes the mind to race. Or the spiral of increasingly nonsensical ramblings of a man terrified of what thoughts come in the silence to ever let his inner voice stop speaking.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
For anyone interested in a little Random Theory Time, then: Makoto might be The World Itself's secret weapon in a way.

I noticed last update that Pareidolia didn't seem aware of who might be behind Makoto getting to the roof:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The last we had seen of Makoto prior, involved her mentioning a "false moon":

Although, what this "false moon" is, isn't entirely clear. (I've begun to wonder if this false moon actually is Pareidolia, but I'm not sure just yet.)

Anyway, keeping in mind that Pareidolia is unaware of who might take credit for Makoto, and we don't actually know who/what the false moon is, then, if we go back to Chapter 3, and look at what led to Makoto getting to the roof in Chapter 4, there is one highly suspect being.

The being that Makoto implies might be speaking to her after she lost her father:

The being that Yasu implied was excited and anticipating Makoto finding out her father was dead:

The being who may be related to the screaming clouds that Makoto hears after losing her father:
The clouds that Sensei couldn't hear, which made him feel alone:
(Keep in mind, this was all before the restoration)

And the same being that seems to like the phrase "good boy", and taking advantage of Sensei, which Makoto also says and did:

The World Itself.

On top of this, the World Itself, has been shown to apparently get others to the roof, as what seems like Kaori has gotten to it on the 5th Reset:

Overall: Considering Pareidolia isn't behind Makoto getting to the roof, and The World Itself more or less fucked with Makoto most of the Chapter prior which led to Makoto becoming aware and getting to the roof, it seems likely that The World Itself is the one behind Makoto's "survival".

I also don't see why else this being would get Makoto to the roof, except to use her. Maybe it's influence is even what has caused Makoto to talk about betraying Ayane:

Btw, for those interested in Events notably related to this Theory:

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
For anyone interested in a little Random Theory Time, then: Makoto might be The World Itself's secret weapon in a way.

I noticed last update that Pareidolia didn't seem aware of who might be behind Makoto getting to the roof:

Although, what this "false moon" is, isn't entirely clear. (I've begun to wonder if this false moon actually is Pareidolia, but I'm not sure just yet.)

Anyway, keeping in mind that Pareidolia is unaware of who might take credit for Makoto, and we don't actually know who/what the false moon is, then, if we go back to Chapter 3, and look at what led to Makoto getting to the roof in Chapter 4, there is one highly suspect being.

The being that Makoto implies might be speaking to her after she lost her father:

The being that Yasu implied was excited and anticipating Makoto finding out her father was dead:

The being who may be related to the screaming clouds that Makoto hears after losing her father:

And the same being that seems to like the phrase "good boy", and taking advantage of Sensei, which Makoto also says and did:

The World Itself.

On top of this, the World Itself, has been shown to apparently get others to the roof, as what seems like Kaori has gotten to it on the 5th Reset:

Overall: Considering Pareidolia isn't behind Makoto getting to the roof, and The World Itself more or less fucked with Makoto most of the Chapter prior which led to Makoto becoming aware and getting to the roof, it seems likely that The World Itself is the one behind Makoto's "survival".

I also don't see why else this being would get Makoto to the roof, except to use her. Maybe it's influence is even what has caused Makoto to talk about betraying Ayane:

Thanks for this because now I have something to think about for the rest of the week while I wait for update day :)

Reactions: DeSkel15

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
A question that came to my mind here, what would you do if you were in Akira's place? like if you were going to the world of lessons in love in Sensei's body, what would you do with the knowledge you now have about that world, what would you do?

I asked this question because I'm bored and I'm curious about your answer.

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
A question that came to my mind here, what would you do if you were in Akira's place? like if you were going to the world of lessons in love in Sensei's body, what would you do with the knowledge you now have about that world, what would you do?

Well, I would still start with playing a partial amnesia and try to get Maya on my side by bombarding her with facts, making her know that I know at least some of what she knows about cycles and her relationship with Sensei. Sensei's manner of self-teaching students also seems like a solid plan. Then, a harem stage, trying to enjoy life to the fullest. After that, not so sure. The supernatural creatures seem to be too strong to be meddled with, perhaps following their orders, at least before gathering more information about the world, is the way to survive and not get punished, as well as to avoid other people being hurt. The end goal, of course, being a way of escaping this time-space prison and saving as much people as possible.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

Ignoring the Sensei centered issues with just being in his body, I'd probably get Ami, Maya, Nodoka, Tsuneyo, and Yasu all in one room, reveal everything from Sensei's relationship with Sekai, to Sensei's "tutoring", to the Seasonal gods and USERS, then see what happens.

Not that I think I'd like knowing the reality of things...

Still, I might be able to manipulate the variables I'm aware of. Having some control over age, dreams, memories, and time, in whatever way, could prove useful:

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Still, I might be able to manipulate the variables I'm aware of. Having some control over age, dreams, memories, and time, in whatever way, could prove useful:
I have a genuine fear of what you would do in the world of Lessons in love, you are literally a Nodoka with more knowledge of the world and that is fucking scary.

Unseenatlas

Jan 23, 2021

The World Itself.

More theory time. Do you think that Ami will be the final enemy in the game? Like either 1) sekai will have Ami turn into sekai or b) sekai will warn sensi about Ami or try to and once Ami figures out the loop stuff she will probably try to kill off the class during the "reset". Then, it's a race between sensi and Ami to get to the roof, while the girls basically have to hold Ami off in the meantime until you get there. It depends on the choices you make that will give you a good ending where 19 girls survive to the worst ending where only you and Ami survive and when the reset happens, you are the only one left.(this is mostly based off of ch3 stuff during the middle where Ami goes full protection mode as well as Maya's explanation of ami, seeing that the seed has been planted. (This could all be satire as well if the ending disproves it.)

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes