thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
So I am pretty small brain, and I get that Akira is objectively a bad person, but I am very confused and would love to get some insight on the "Optimal playthrough" as it is now. So I playe dup to the 4.0 update, doing everything to make all the events green. Minmaxed, ect, but all throughout I was under the impression that the "Correct" path was as fence sitting as possible, as of the last two patches relating to the rich girls little sister, I can't recall her name right now, and the big choice with Io... getting the green path has reached new levels of skeezebag. IDK if I want to keep going getting the green path if it is so morally objectinionable and logically flawed... but... I really... REALLY dont want to replay the whole thing again and fix choices if somehow it ends up all hunk dory or doesn't matter in the end. Just the cheater pants bugs the shit out of me, this one is pretty next level.

I mean things might have gotten better after that particular event, I stopped playing 4.1 the second I was faced with the Io choice and saw it was the green path, but I saw there was a new update and I want to play, I love this game, but god damn does this dude conflict me between getting the good ending and actually picking the choices I want to. So far these have been really the only conflicting choices I have had to make...

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
So I am pretty small brain, and I get that Akira is objectively a bad person, but I am very confused and would love to get some insight on the "Optimal playthrough" as it is now. So I playe dup to the 4.0 update, doing everything to make all the events green. Minmaxed, ect, but all throughout I was under the impression that the "Correct" path was as fence sitting as possible, as of the last two patches relating to the rich girls little sister, I can't recall her name right now, and the big choice with Io... getting the green path has reached new levels of skeezebag. IDK if I want to keep going getting the green path if it is so morally objectinionable and logically flawed... but... I really... REALLY dont want to replay the whole thing again and fix choices if somehow it ends up all hunk dory or doesn't matter in the end. Just the cheater pants bugs the shit out of me, this one is pretty next level.

I mean things might have gotten better after that particular event, I stopped playing 4.1 the second I was faced with the Io choice and saw it was the green path, but I saw there was a new update and I want to play, I love this game, but god damn does this dude conflict me between getting the good ending and actually picking the choices I want to. So far these have been really the only conflicting choices I have had to make...
You're not alone in that line of thinking. The Io choice caused a lot of people to question if they want to continue on the green path. Nothing has really happened with Tsukasa yet but I imagine it will provoke a similar reaction.

I think generally the green path has led to a more compelling story so far. You can put your faith in Selebus's writing and hope that continues to be the case. The green path will almost certainly have more content in it. But its okay to miss things too especially if you're not comfortable with it. It's not like the game's narrative wont support your decision.

For me, I ultimately went with the green path on Io's story because the bad option left such an impression on me that I couldn't go back to thinking that wasn't part of Io's story. If you wind up wanting to change your decision without the hassle of replaying so much of the game, you can use the Universal Renpy Mod to change your save data.

Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Liquefying teeth were referenced twice in 0.41, so I don't think he's dropped it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Here's the Tsuneyo scene you referenced:
I've been tracking references to liquid teeth on my second playthrough, here's what I've found so far:
I tend to think it's an important symbol rather than just general icky imagery precisely because of what Tsuneyo says. I think it's an indication that Sensei (or whoever) has broken some unknown rule, but I'm not sure whether these rules are specific to Wires or not. In all three of the happy scenes it's connected to AmIOkay, specifically sexual desire for her at least in the first two, so there might be something there.
Conceivably, it's Himawari that restores Akira via an egg at the end of "Room with the clocks". And if consuming an egg restores teeth then the teeth thing is either related to slipping or the egg serves a secondary function.

Maybe the liquefying of the teeth is related to being rejected by the current reality, and taking hold of an egg restores your pass or something.

Edit: going back to the Ami being factory reset in front of Akira in the beginning of the first winter, it could be that it was her being rejected by the current reality (thus the liquefying - if in that scene, I don't remember - would qualify as her being rejected by reality as well).

Reactions: fasoaga

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

Your troubles are understandable and largely shared by a good portion of the community.

However, in the shortest way to explain it: You can either read the story Selebus wants to tell (green path), or the story that is at times more pallatable (and will always make less sense).

Additionally, this is how I see it, and maybe it helps: The player is not Sensei. Sensei is a character called Akira in a game that very much isn't an rpg. This game is written by an author that is a very good writer and a bad game designer. The way choice is presented in LiL, in my opinion, shouldn't even exist - because while the concept is very welcomed, its implementation is mediocre at best.

Final note: if you care more about writing quality, play the green path, if you care more about feeling good, choose the moral choice everytime.

Reactions: Riolol and Antosha

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
You're not alone in that line of thinking. The Io choice caused a lot of people to question if they want to continue on the green path. Nothing has really happened with Tsukasa yet but I imagine it will provoke a similar reaction.

I think generally the green path has led to a more compelling story so far. You can put your faith in Selebus's writing and hope that continues to be the case. The green path will almost certainly have more content in it. But its okay to miss things too especially if you're not comfortable with it. It's not like the game's narrative wont support your decision.

For me, I ultimately went with the green path on Io's story because the bad option left such an impression on me that I couldn't go back to thinking that wasn't part of Io's story. If you wind up wanting to change your decision without the hassle of replaying so much of the game, you can use the Universal Renpy Mod to change your save data.
Your troubles are understandable and largely shared by a good portion of the community.

However, in the shortest way to explain it: You can either read the story Selebus wants to tell (green path), or the story that is at times more pallatable (and will always make less sense).

Additionally, this is how I see it, and maybe it helps: The player is not Sensei. Sensei is a character called Akira in a game that very much isn't an rpg. This game is written by an author that is a very good writer and a bad game designer. The way choice is presented in LiL, in my opinion, shouldn't even exist - because while the concept is very welcomed, its implementation is mediocre at best.

Final note: if you care more about writing quality, play the green path, if you care more about feeling good, choose the moral choice everytime.
Well as it stands from me finishing redownloading my choices are very limited as my save no longer works... this might be a wait till release moment, because I already replayed the game like 4 times for various reasons. Not sure why my save was corrupted.

Shot in the dark does anyone have a green save to 4.1s start? If not... I might be super fucked. Even ifnoring the failure leads to a reset... damn. I a bit butt flustered now.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

There will be more. Beyond a doubt, there will be more. We're not even in the dark path chapters yet.

Looking at early game choices that lead to green/red splits -- electing not to sleep with Sara cuts off quite a few scenes, rejecting Ami cuts of a lot more, including a bunch of Happy scenes, and being a bad homie to Rin blocks off a few.

So the late-game choices are likely to be as consequential down the line. Stomachache is going to impact future content, and likely not just for Io.

A core theme of the game is that suffering is part of life, and that coming out the other end of it allows you to appreciate the parts of life that are truly beautiful even more. And it's implied that Akira sees the suffering of these girls as something beautiful in and of itself.

ErisT

Mar 13, 2020

Judging by the voices in Akira's head, things are likely to get worse in this regard before they get better. :)

This is a morally objectionable game and will continue to raise objections.

fasoaga

Jul 24, 2017

I think it depends how you view or the way you consume the story. When i start playing the game about a year ago, i knew this game was (i dont know the correct english word for it) mentally challenging for the player. It was basically a test of how much fucked up shit you can watch before you puke. But i was telling myself that it's just a game, a story told by selebus. When i stop enjoying i could i just stop playing and delete. Right?

It's similar to eating spicy hot chicken with increasing the level of hot spice. At which point you stop adding spice? Or do you stop at all?
Do you enjoy the challange of hot chicken? To extent of ghost pepper (stomachache) hotness.
Are you just curious about how far it can go in the spice scale?

I was a kind of person who found the ketchup too spicy but wanted to taste all the hot chicken that selebus gave me because i never seen this much spice in a chicken before. But then i came across a pepper(Io option) that i could not dare to eat.
And i did not add that specific spice to my already very spicy chicken. The result? When Io told Uta that "for the first time in my life it didn't end in utter tragedy" this is the best perfectly spiced chicken ever.

TLDR: All in the end this is a game for your enjoyment, when a game gave you a choice to make that would make you mentally suffer in in real life just choose the other option.

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes