Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
As the others have pointed out: Maya Prime is seemingly referring to two different things.

Sensei has been hallucinating since at least the Accident, if not since he was born considering his mental issues seem hereditary. He's also been blacking out since presumably the Accident, and Ami likely has as well.

His Hallucinations and Blackouts are seemingly Pre Reset things, and things that he's had since the tutoring days. Maya is well aware of them since she had been dealing with them for around 8 years, even before the Resets.

However, since the Resets, Sensei seems to go into shock, delirium, and/or die from hearing about/remembering his and Maya's relationship, or even hearing her say she loves him (Presumably, Sensei's feelings for Maya are literally dangerous). Apparently, hearing her say she loves him has more or less killed him quite a bit:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

These Maya related Episodes seem to be what Maya was referring to as something Sensei has had since the first Reset/loop.

It doesn't seem like she realized how related to them she actually was, and that's likely why she didn't understand how the Nakayamas can do things that would be fatal to Sensei, if she did them instead:
They also don't seem to matter much when it comes to New Maya, albeit it could be due to other factors at the moment.
Two complementary points:

1. When Akira recovers his first memory with Wires help, he sees young Akira and young Akira sees him. Even if this just happened due to the vision, instead of having actually happened, it suggests that young Akira saw things that weren't there regularly enough to ignore this. I, personally, take this as confirmation that Akira has been seeing things since a young age (there's also a pile of evidence that isn't as blatant as this).

2. After the quiz in the church, Himawari in narrator form (presumably) explains to us that it isn't the memory that is damning, but the emotions that go with it. Maya is not the only one that puts Akira at risk. Himawari herself seems to interfere with the Sekai restoration (as a safety net, when she tells him to take her hand) as to prevent Akira from factory resetting by remembering her/his name (Maya's not involved in this).

The reason why everything related to Maya seems more prone to making him reset is either because she's best girl (at least in terms of how many times they have been a couple vs the others), or, and that's an interesting theory, because Maya (Prime) herself in involved in the event that began the cycles, therefore making anything related to her potentially damning just because it always will represent a chance of remembering the "big secret".

Edit: That New Maya doesn't trigger this seems to point to it being a reset secret thing, or that Akira simply doesn't consider her to be his Maya - which would be tragic if he eventually does and starts to risk factory reset again because of it. Either having sex with her without feeling anything, or feeling something and thus stopping being able to...

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Two complementary points:

1. When Akira recovers his first memory with Wires help, he sees young Akira and young Akira sees him. Even if this just happened due to the vision, instead of having actually happened, it suggests that young Akira saw things that weren't there regularly enough to ignore this. I, personally, take this as confirmation that Akira has been seeing things since a young age (there's also a pile of evidence that isn't as blatant as this).

2. After the quiz in the church, Himawari in narrator form (presumably) explains to us that it isn't the memory that is damning, but the emotions that go with it. Maya is not the only one that puts Akira at risk. Himawari herself seems to interfere with the Sekai restoration (as a safety net, when she tells him to take her hand) as to prevent Akira from factory resetting by remembering her/his name (Maya's not involved in this).

The reason why everything related to Maya seems more prone to making him reset is either because she's best girl (at least in terms of how many times they have been a couple vs the others), or, and that's an interesting theory, because Maya (Prime) herself in involved in the event that began the cycles, therefore making anything related to her potentially damning just because it always will represent a chance of remembering the "big secret".

Edit: That New Maya doesn't trigger this seems to point to it being a reset secret thing, or that Akira simply doesn't consider her to be his Maya - which would be tragic if he eventually does and starts to risk factory reset again because of it. Either having sex with her without feeling anything, or feeling something and thus stopping being able to...
Hasnt the Yuu theory been pretty much accepted as canon at this point? I mean at least it seemed that way to me

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
I'm replaying the game and Tsuneyo says in her first dorm room scene that her father taught her "That my teeth will turn to liquid if I break the rules."

Doesn't this actually "happen" to Akira (and even Ami?) during a few resets/happy events? Sorry if this has been discussed before but I am either incapable of searching correctly or it's just a bad search.

Reactions: Riolol

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I'm replaying the game and Tsuneyo says in her first dorm room scene that her father taught her "That my teeth will turn to liquid if I break the rules."

Doesn't this actually "happen" to Akira (and even Ami?) during a few resets/happy events? Sorry if this has been discussed before but I am either incapable of searching correctly or it's just a bad search.
It in fact has.Teeth being liquified is a thing that was mentioned a LOT in the early chapters but it seems that its either being ignored for now or Sel decided to give it up

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021

Yes, several happy events mention teeth melting, I believe it was even said in the room with clocks (first actual happy scene)

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Man i have to say though my by far favourite delusion speak is the marsh wobler.Not only is it used today but its just so weird and disturbing(Not to mention its actual lore relevance)

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
What's URM?
Universal Ren’py Mod. It allows you to view and change variables in real time, and is a valuable asset for Lessons In Love in particular. You can also use the URM to manipulate affection points and skip BS grind! So that’s a plus.

Here’s a link to it: https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-urm-2-1-4-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/
AKA, you can use URM to set Makoto and Futaba’s affection points to the correct amount and also unlock any missed events.

Should you use it, type ‘makotofutabafuntimelustevent’ in the search bar. That’s the variable for the “Toys” event, and you can even find it on the wiki under ‘Technical Information’:

Set the variable to True, and if you see a skip variable alongside it, set it to False. You can view the missed event in the Replay.

I say we add a link advertising URM to the OP at this point.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
AKA, you can use URM to set Makoto and Futaba’s affection points to the correct amount and also unlock any missed events.

Should you use it, type ‘makotofutabafuntimelustevent’ in the search bar. That’s the variable for the “Toys” event, and you can even find it on the wiki under ‘Technical Information’:

Set the variable to True, and if you see a skip variable alongside it, set it to False. You can view the missed event in the Replay.

I say we add a link advertising URM to the OP at this point.
I wonder is the wiki maintained?

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
It in fact has.Teeth being liquified is a thing that was mentioned a LOT in the early chapters but it seems that its either being ignored for now or Sel decided to give it up
Yes, several happy events mention teeth melting, I believe it was even said in the room with clocks (first actual happy scene)
Yeah, it disappearing is what made me wonder. I guess since it's connected to Tsuneyo's father/Wires who hasn't been around in a while (chapter 2?) I would give it even odds that it's dormant or Sel has forgotten.

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
As if anyone would notice that.
Guess I set you up for that one lol.
Exactly why i decided to put it in my sig, best option to advertise it. At least there's a chance someone would notice an animated signature of it, ain't no one gonna notice it on the FP.
Maybe not people who have already downloaded the game, but any newcomers will have to go to the front page to download it. I’d say the chances of them looking into it are even greater if it’s ‘connected’ so to speak. They may take a glance at the signature, clearly not know what it is, and move on.

But yeah, people will post questions that have been answered before regardless.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Guess I set you up for that one lol.

Maybe not people who have already downloaded the game, but any newcomers will have to go to the front page to download it. I’d say the chances of them looking into it are even greater if it’s ‘connected’ so to speak. They may take a glance at the signature, clearly not know what it is, and move on.

But yeah, people will post questions that have been answered before regardless.
The inability to use the search function has been a detriment for the human kind

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes