derekthered56

May 30, 2018
I think Nikki made her rejection quite clear, she's not interested at all and that she wouldn't even have time to take care of more people than Sensei. Most of Nikki's characterization has been tied with Sensei and I don't think that will change in the future, so my best guess is that Otoha will follow the path of Molly and develop deeper with Sensei? If she does gets with Sensei though, I fear for Rin's mental sanity...
Mentioning taking care of Sensei as a reason against a relationship was a terrible idea on Niki's part. It leaves open the possibility that Niki and Akira might split up, or that he could convince Niki he'd be okay with her seeing other women. This still means Otoha will get closer to Akira, but it will be more meddlesome.
I'm with Bingoogus on this, there is bound to be a scene where Nikki go full sexy mode on sensei, and Otoha, even though told to go out, will just sit and watch, just like Rin did. Then, later, will try to "get on the same wavelength" as Nikki by riding sensei later while secretly filming it to use as evidence/blackmail material later, and ultimately use this as a weapon to persuade sensei into making it at least a threesome with Nikki later.
Does Otoha really need more blackmail material? I'm not even sure Akira would be against having another threesome.

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
'Hallelujah' does kind of remind me of this game. (In differing ways depending on the version) At one point It's almost like it's talking about Sensei, and his relationship with Maya.

It even mentions a roof:

"Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya
She tied you to a kitchen chair
She broke your throne, and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah"​

In other words: Sensei fell for Maya, completely.

Albeit, it's really referring to Samson, and how, his love, Delilah, convinced him to reveal how to get rid of his god given strength, then removed it (by cutting his hair) and allowed him to be blinded and captured, for money.

Not to mention that "Hallelujah" and "Praise be" are virtually the same thing. I kind of want a Lessons in Love cover of this song now.
I have always seen Hallelujah as very intentional in its purpose in this game, and yes, it plays a lot in the past/present/future of Maya/Akira, that is the name of one of Maya's events too, and also related to the game as a whole . then its third main verse hits harder.

♫Well, maybe there's a God above
As for me all I've ever learned from love
Is how to shoot someone who outdrew you
But it's not a crime that you're hearing tonight♫

Knowing the whole general theme of ''Gods'' in this game and I don't need to say what the game is called, in the odyssey of what Sensei learns to love, then his comparison to what he feels, and how he called a crime. It could well indicate a couple more things.
So I consider this stranza in general as a strong reason, which is why this song was chosen.

Last edited:

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Already in my toppest folder of followed games :)

Edit: here's my current list of saved games:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's not exactly ordered but it's 5 columns from A to E in terms of roughly how psyched i am for an update.
I don't see Eternum in the left column here, fix that ASAP! Especially considering we have pretty similar taste)
Maybe try Once in a Lifetime too)
p.s. Eternum is somewhat similar to LiL in the "better start early" department, since brooding over "what will happen next" is also a part of the fun)

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I don't see Eternum in the left column here, fix that ASAP! Especially considering we have pretty similar taste)
Maybe try Once in a Lifetime too)
p.s. Eternum is somewhat similar to LiL in the "better start early" department, since brooding over "what will happen next" is also a part of the fun)
I played Eternum before the most recent update but when the update came out i was so lost as to what had happened and who was who/what/where that i threw it in the bin and wiped the persistent folder, the game is good, i decided i'll come back to it once it completes so my shitty memory doesn't get in the way. Already played all through Oial, before Eternum, loved it.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
I played Eternum before the most recent update but when the update came out i was so lost as to what had happened and who was who/what/where that i threw it in the bin and wiped the persistent folder, the game is good, i decided i'll come back to it once it completes so my shitty memory doesn't get in the way. Already played all through Oial, before Eternum, loved it.
Yeah, Once in a Lifetime (Talking Heads, anyone?) was indeed a fun game. Eternum is much better constructed both as a story and as a game, though, and the art is on another level -- OIAL features pretty standard Honey Select visuals (so it took me a long time to realize for example that the game was supposed to be taking place not in Asia but in Europe).

But yeah - a lot going on there (though not quite as much as OOT or LiL). So I get your point.

ETA: Oh, and, since you and I have a lot of similar tastes... Something Better?

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
ETA: Oh, and, since you and I have a lot of similar tastes... Something Better?
Ha, i wrote the following spoiler first cause i got mixed up with 'A Better Place'. As for Something Better, i tried it, the gross dirty-dick bj scene really killed my interest and when a new update came out i just didn't feel it anymore, i didn't care about the characters or what happened to them.
Err, it's on my list so instead of suggesting it i guess you're asking about it? It has a great story and very solid characterization, i love it, downside is updates are far between. It deals with trauma and each girl has a complex back story, the pay off for developing each relationship feels quite rewarding.

Reactions: crustlord12

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
Hello everyone, been busy with work, hence my absence not that anyone actually missed me, but I missed you guys.

Since we started talking music that relates to LiL, I've recently caught myself listening pretty closely to Vermilion by Slipknot. It did remind me a lot about Akira and Maya:

Her being trapped in a cycle of seeing him fail and die:

She seems dressed in all the rings
Of past fatalities
So fragile yet so devious
She continues to see it
Climatic hands that press
Her temples and my chest

His unusual attraction towards her even devoid of all memories:

She is everything and more
The solemn hypnotic
My Dahlia bathed in possession
She is home to me
I get nervous, perverse, when I see her it's worse

Him embracing his feelings towards her I Will Deliver You To The Fireflies:

Hard to say what caught my attention
Vixen crazy, aphid attraction
Carve my name in my face to recognize
Such a pheromone cult to terrorize
I won't let this build up inside of me

His feeling of guilt and memory (or a memory of a memory) of how their relationship started and what did they turn him into:

I'm a slave, and I am a master
No restraints and unchecked collectors
I exist through my need, to self-oblige
She is something in me, that I despise

...Chapter 4:
She isn't real
I can't make her real

I dunno, maybe it's kind of a stretch on my part, but still, seems to me that it fits pretty damn well.

Ques

Sep 11, 2020
Alright so just to say love/hate this game but I’m sure that’s a feeling most of us feel but I’m playing right now catching up near the end of chapter 2 and I was just checking people’s birthday to see who bday is the closest to mine. (Noriko) and I know we are suppose to be sus of Kaori because she is suppose to be dead ( plus other stuff I read in here but I’m not there yet and the game so I’ll leave it alone until I fully get it) but has anyone thought much on Kaori birthday being December 25th or do we not have enough facts yet to start speculating if it means anything.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Alright so just to say love/hate this game but I’m sure that’s a feeling most of us feel but I’m playing right now catching up near the end of chapter 2 and I was just checking people’s birthday to see who bday is the closest to mine. (Noriko) and I know we are suppose to be sus of Kaori because she is suppose to be dead ( plus other stuff I read in here but I’m not there yet and the game so I’ll leave it alone until I fully get it) but has anyone thought much on Kaori birthday being December 25th or do we not have enough facts yet to start speculating if it means anything.
Kaori becoming 23 seems to be the more interesting part of it, as she's (usually) 22:

23 being a number that comes up a lot and the age that Sensei seemed to be, when the Accident happened, when Ami was orphaned, and possibly when Kaori's accident happened. Kaori would have also been around 15 which is around the age of the current Students.

Kaori's relation to a certain god does make her being born on the dubious bday of Jesus, quite ironic and fitting though. Especially since it'd mean she was probably conceived in Spring.

Reactions: Ques

Sir Phoenix

Jun 13, 2018
Why don't these updates show up on the main page? I have to remind myself every so often to come back and check only to find it updated secretly.

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Why don't these updates show up on the main page? I have to remind myself every so often to come back and check only to find it updated secretly.
There was some drama, quite a while ago that I feel no-one here will have the energy to go into again. If you want to know the details I recommend you search the thread history. Suffice it to say that the result is the lack of promotion and visibility on this site. I cannot say it was an undeserved response by the site administrators.

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
The reason is well documented here, as the question comes up about once a week. Use the search function, keyword "promoted," and it should come up.

Edit: Previously suggested "promotion," but I realized "promotes" and "promoted" are more commonly used in the discussion.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, totally random, but on a replay of 'Nothing is Beautiful' by Sel, I've noticed the one girl from the game who hasn't shown up in LiL is Reina, who also happens to be suspiciously similar to Maya.

Reina:

Vs Maya:

Considering that Saki (NiB) seems related to Ami (LiL), and is presumably the grandma that Ami mentions at times, as well as Sensei's mother, the other two love interests of the same game, Miu and Reina may be mothers or grandmothers of certain characters.

Frankly, Reina seemed kind of like a mix of Karin, Maya, and Sana (Sporty, Mysterious, and likes horror movies), and they all happen to have shades of green eyes and in Maya and Sana's case, their colored names are also shades of Green, like Reina's, which makes me wonder if she may be the grandma of at least one of them.

Sara came from a broken home, and it seems likely that Maya did as well, so it might be something that comes up eventually. The Kandas (Karin and Kirin) may be irrelevant, but their father being aware of Sekai seems to imply that their family will play some part in the story.

Otoha also has green eyes like Reina, but there doesn't seem to be any other notable similarities. She seems aware of Sekai though, so there's possibly something there.

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
What kind of hair and hairstyles do you people like the most? For me, Ami's long red ponytail is the most beautiful, followed by Otoha's new hairstyle, Ayane's ponytail and Maya's hair down.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
What kind of hair and hairstyles do you people like the most? For me, Ami's long red ponytail is the most beautiful, followed by Otoha's new hairstyle, Ayane's ponytail and Maya's hair down.
Kaori's hair is the only 'style' i'd say i like enough to bother commenting on but since i'm already putting in the effort, i like Miku's original haircut as well as Osako's, short hair tomboy is my thang.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Not much of an aesthetic person, but Cyclops Sana and post original pre current hair Miku, are probably the ones I like the most:

Ami with her long hair down was pretty cool though:
R.I.P.

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes