Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
Given all the hate boners for him here, it's not just them.
Can you blame ‘em? Maybe Selebus could try acting less smug and pretentious for a change and you would see those ‘hate boners’ start to shrink. He’s a talented dude and writer, and his game is my favorite AVN out there, but you can’t deny he has a sour reputation for a reason.

Just looking at his old posts in 2020 here on the forum, you can see how chill and genuine he was at first, before slowly that started to change. It’s all a damn shame, really. I wish things didn’t go south. I wish he was still on here interacting with all the amazing discussion I’ve seen going on in my time on here.

But unfortunately that’s not how things turned out. I genuinely hope one day things may change, but so far it doesn’t seem that way.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Do we hate Selebus here? I'm not sure if the comment was even about Selebus as a person.

I think the point was that people on the discord seem to have been reduced to folks that will say nothing wrong about his work, whereas here we daily praise and/or criticize it (which is the rational approach). I don't even know if the situation on the discord is true since I'm not there myself. To be honest, other than joking about him being here as a fake account, him as a person hardly even comes up.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Do we hate Selebus here? I'm not sure if the comment was even about Selebus as a person.

I think the point was that people on the discord seem to have been reduced to folks that will say nothing wrong about his work, whereas here we daily praise and/or criticize it (which is the rational approach). I don't even know if the situation on the discord is true since I'm not there myself. To be honest, other than joking about him being here as a fake account, him as a person hardly even comes up.
It does come up from time to time, usually when we have people asking why this game isn't on the updates page. I wouldn't call it obsessive though.

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
Given that anyone who even slightly missteps there is banned, is it any wonder that nothing but lurkers and sycophants are all that remain? They're literally being selected for.

As for the Nodokathon, i'll say again, i quite liked it, the only problem i had with it was it's placement, it felt really out of place both in being placed within the dorm wars, and where it was placed in the scene chain as it dropped right after she publicly demolished Io. That whole patch had issues with it though, it's definitely once of Selly's weakest updates, absolutely crap music, unfunny DW events, boring conversations and poorly timed scene arrangements. Nodokathon should've just been it's own thing.
I agree with the weirdness of when it happened and am frustrated why some girls didn't call her out right then. Sure the individual scenes were fun but I just don't trust Nodoka. I worry how she will use what happens there to further her goals. Hopefully she keeps the secrecy agreement but again, I don't trust the B.

I dont hate him. I love this story and am way to obsessed with it. I think he is a great writer. I appreciate him for those things.

Doesn't change the fact that he can come across as a major jerk sometimes and will ban people just because we need help with the puzzles and prefer to talk about the game here. I don't like discord, its way to much of a unorganized mess for me. The place has a aura of fear that anything you post will get you banned. Maybe a exaggeration but that is the vibe I get from the place. I don't "steal" from him and will keep paying until the end, or he stops me from doing so because of reasons, but I am going to talk about the game here where I am comfortable doing so.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
It does come up from time to time, usually when we have people asking why this game isn't on the updates page. I wouldn't call it obsessive though.
I mean, sure, but that would also hardly qualify as hate. It's just answering a valid question about the game.

I think one other dimension to the misguided (imo) claim that we hate him is that hate is just too strong an emotion for us to even have regarding him.

The few "interactions" I had with Selebus were when he went on his rants about "raid shadow legends", "lost in you", and random references to his discord - and all of those were from the game itself (aka as the moments when I'd roll my eyes to having him force himself out of an author's desk and into a forced 4th wall break and overall demerit to his narrative everytime he did this).

The people on discord having stronger emotions towards him is totally understandable, that's just normative fandom - you could be a random person with a discord and your members would most likely display some level of following towards you (moreso in his case).

However, his overall rules towards who he wants to keep in his discord, the way he inserts himself in his game to its demerit, and, let's be honest, the subject matter itself of his game, that all suggests me to keep my distance. Would I treat him with respect? Absolutely, and even gratitude. But I have no intention of getting closer either, I'm fine with him being just a mysterious figure behind his work and never learning more about him.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
I'm out of reactions because this site is regarded with stuff like that but +1 to everyone saying "we don't hate Sel, he's just a cunt now".

When he used to interact with the community here, he was pretty chill for a while. He would accept genuine criticisms, push back against brain dead ones, chip in here and there. Unfortunately, his ego and wallet both grew too big and yadda yadda yadda now he's just a punitive asshole whose story I'm way too invested in (emotionally and financially) to give up on. But I don't hate him, I just wish he'd chill out and pull his head out of his ass just a bit.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I'm out of reactions because this site is regarded with stuff like that but +1 to everyone saying "we don't hate Sel, he's just a cunt now".

When he used to interact with the community here, he was pretty chill for a while. He would accept genuine criticisms, push back against brain dead ones, chip in here and there. Unfortunately, his ego and wallet both grew too big and yadda yadda yadda now he's just a punitive asshole whose story I'm way too invested in (emotionally and financially) to give up on. But I don't hate him, I just wish he'd chill out and pull his head out of his ass just a bit.
More or less this, I don't hate the guy. I love his work and think he's a bit of an ass, that's as far as it goes.

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
Hope this Nodokathon will have Io and Uta as participants.
I’d be shocked if Io was involved lol. Especially after Nodoka put her on blast, not to mention the whole Stomachache event. Now Uta? Uta I can see being a real possibility.

Wanna take bets that Uta’s first H Scene will take place next update? Because I’m going all in and predicting it will.

Edit: Come to think of it, though… Uta’s pissed at Nodoka for what happened to Io too. I still stand by the H Scene prediction, but not sure she’ll participate in Nodoka’s competition. If she does, it would be very begrudgingly.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Also, important to note that it's kind of a dick move to act hateful towards someone that is right here with us.

At the end of the day Selebus is the original tsundere, he loves us but can't bring himself to be here without a fake account. If he had boobs he'd be real life Yumi. I mean... he sort of is already, or Yumi is him rather.

Huh... I wonder if that makes the dude that was asking about fucking Yumi earlier want to fuck her more or less :LOL:

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I’d be shocked if Io was involved lol. Especially after Nodoka put her on blast, not to mention the whole Stomachache event. Now Uta? Uta I can see being a real possibility.

Wanna take bets that Uta’s first H Scene will take place next update? Because I’m going all in and predicting it will.
I think that's a fair assumption. She's horny as hell, they sort of are a perfect match trauma/acceptance-wise (in her view), and I don't see Io recovering enough to make contact with her as early as the beach trip.

Plus, Uta's body dimensions are hot. We really ought to have some good sex after what we've been through.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As much as I like the idea of girls taking turn starting to get brought to dimensions unknown, I can't help feeling like this would be just a continuation in which Noriko tries to talk about her surreal experience with others, and the first girl she talks to is...Futaba somehow. As in, TSS will be more about "Noriko discovering things" and less about "someone being teleported somewhere".

Though this would be quite unfair to dear Futaba for not being at the center of her own event, she's just not that close to Maya and comparatively very far from anything supernatural to warrant her permission to attend the symposium after Noriko. It's a genuine confusion regarding "why her" essentially (unless Nao-chan simply goes AWOL and starts holding hands with everyone that is). But if I am wrong and Futaba does end up in somewhere unknown, and boy I hope I am, I guess we get to see another fucky dimension that's not DEN OF THE MOLE RAT (wonder if it's gonna be another weird ass happy spot we've been before)

Edit: or maybe TSS for each girl is more tailored to what's been bothering them and is not centered at Kumon-mi fuckery. But this is even less exciting of a development; a LOT less.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
1721264001799.png

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
As much as I like the idea of girls taking turn starting to get brought to dimensions unknown, I can't help feeling like this would be just a continuation in which Noriko tries to talk about her surreal experience with others, and the first girl she talks to is...Futaba somehow. As in, TSS will be more about "Noriko discovering things" and less about "someone being teleported somewhere".

Though this would be quite unfair to dear Futaba for not being at the center of her own event, she's just not that close to Maya and comparatively very far from anything supernatural to warrant her permission to attend the symposium after Noriko. It's a genuine confusion regarding "why her" essentially (unless Nao-chan simply goes AWOL and starts holding hands with everyone that is). But if I am wrong and Futaba does end up in somewhere unknown, and boy I hope I am, I guess we get to see another fucky dimension that's not DEN OF THE MOLE RAT (wonder if it's gonna be another weird ass happy spot we've been before)

View attachment 3842194
If Futaba is ONCE AGAIN just a ladder for someone else's story, I can't even.

Edit: (For as much as I'd like for Noriko to have all three supernatural events.)

Dc345

May 27, 2020

Edit: Come to think of it, though… Uta’s pissed at Nodoka for what happened to Io too. I still stand by the H Scene prediction, but not sure she’ll participate in Nodoka’s competition. If she does, it would be very begrudgingly.
I think Sel was just messing with us hopefully. A couple of posts later he was talking about how Sensei was going to turn into a dog in 0.50 and how Karin was the most likely to "fuck an animal" so more than likely he was just trolling.

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
I think Sel was just messing with us hopefully.
Oh, well good lol. Honestly that would be preferable. I was mixed on the Nodokathon as a whole anyway, so it could go one way or the other for me.
A couple of posts later he was talking about how Karin was the most likely to "fuck an animal" so more than likely he was just trolling.
It’s definitely Touka btw.

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes