chronox42

May 1, 2020
Someone PLEASE recommend any book or game or show or anything that is something like this game and its psychological aspects. My standards are in space because of this syllabus dude man
My favorite works besides LiL, which should handily meet those standards and make thrilling additions to the syllabus:

Manga: Berserk - it's absurdly long, incredibly well-drawn, has alternate planes of reality, and intense psychological elements

Novels: The Stormlight Archive - it's comparable to LiL in word count, has 10+ years left until completion, astonishingly well-written, lots of vivid intrigue and mystery about the past

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

Jeraviel

Jan 10, 2024
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
lmao I can imagine Osako treating Sensei as a punching bag, throwing him all over the place with ease, and then telling Karin to do the same. Things might get awkward

Though it could also be an ego and mood boost if Karin beats up the man who threw her to the floor and almost raped her, thinking "huh he isn't as strong as I thought"

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
Someone PLEASE recommend any book or game or show or anything that is something like this game and its psychological aspects. My standards are in space because of this syllabus dude man
Inscrutable eldritch forces mess with people in a very confusing manner? House of Leaves.

Total dickwad ruins the life of everyone he comes in contact with but somehow stays sympathetic? Bojack Horseman.

Edit: since it was just referenced in-game: Twin Peaks. Weird, mysterious, hilarious; it has everything.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
I can recommend a movie called Skinnamarink. It's about these kids who wake up to no parents, windows or doors in their house and their stuck in a time loop being tortured by a demon. The movie is nothing but dark hallways and it has a similar vibe to some of the earlier happy events. It's also one of the most terrifying movies I've seen.

Reactions: derekthered56

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
I'm not fond of Sekai. Her personality is way too sinister. Can't really see her in a sympathetic light for now. But reading Ami describe her to Niki moved me as few things did in this game, surprisingly. To such a degree that I felt an inkling of a tear. Amazingly written scene. Ami's pain felt raw. Thinking of a girl losing someone she loved above everything...

This update was pretty lore-heavy and full of supernatural stuff. So, great. Yumi events were terrific, as most are. Near-term consequences should be interesting. As I thought, there's something deeper between Akira and Yumi.

I think their first sex scene will involve one of them gaining memories from previous timelines upon penetration. Something of an inverse of what happened to Maya.

New Osako looking cute.

Reactions: Yarazin

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
Oh don't get me wrong, it's a very pretentious attempt at that genre, but that's what it it's trying to be, the author is a autofellating dipshit but the mystery of the game's world is what has all of us regulars hooked, not the sex content.
And the attachment to many of the characters.

Oct 1, 2023
Found Io’s burner account.
This guy's review is completely valid, people need to understand that just because someone doesn't like what you like it doesn't make them stupid, some of you guys here act callous and don't even realize it.

Every statement he's made is valid and it's just not his cup of tea, he has a fair opinion, even tho the comparison with Fate kinda doesn't make sense.

People come here to jerk off and fullfill their weird fucked up fetishes, for someone who wants a quick wank and speedrun raping women, this is not your type of game, you are here for the plot unironically.

To be honest I don't really care, I'm only here to entertain myself and make sure I have all the facts straight, I just don't want people to fight or get upset over some nonsense

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
Okay, full 0.42 thoughts.

Overall, a very good update!

Reactions: LessonsInDissonance

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
This guy's review is completely valid, people need to understand that just because someone doesn't like what you like it doesn't make them stupid, some of you guys here act callous and don't even realize it.

Every statement he's made is valid and it's just not his cup of tea, he has a fair opinion, even tho the comparison with Fate kinda doesn't make sense.

People come here to jerk off and fullfill their weird fucked up fetishes, for someone who wants a quick wank and speedrun raping women, this is not your type of game, you are here for the plot unironically.

To be honest I don't really care, I'm only here to entertain myself and make sure I have all the facts straight, I just don't want people to fight or get upset over some nonsense
He can like or dislike whatever he wants. I was just making a joke. :LOL: This is a public forum, so he’s subject to any praise or criticism thrown his way for his review.

Is the section I quoted not something that Io would say? Because I think it is.

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
damn osako looks cute as fuck

I'm not fond of Sekai. Her personality is way too sinister. Can't really see her in a sympathetic light for now. But reading Ami describe her to Niki moved me as few things did in this game, surprisingly. To such a degree that I felt an inkling of a tear. Amazingly written scene. Ami's pain felt raw. Thinking of a girl losing someone she loved above everything...
When I was reading Ami's description of Sekai, I thought it was weird that she was so focused on how perfect / unattainable Sekai was

I was thinking it was due to Ami looking at the past through rose-tinted glasses and blatantly ignoring any wrinkles because it'd spoil the remnants of the connection she had with her mom. I feel like most kids by the time they enter their teenage years start to pick up on the fact that everyone is flawed in some way or other, including their parents/idols so it just felt weird. But now I realize that she's been influenced Sekai for who knows how long, so how does that play into her idolization?

Also I'm curious how Ami reacted the first time she saw/heard Sekai (does she actually see her?). Wonder if that's something which'll be shown in the game at some point

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes