Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
The Color White (The best event in the game (specifically because of yasusings.mp3))
Many thanks.Also you preemptively told me the name of the file so thx x2.Now im going to just enjoy this for a bit.

Also your assertion made me think.What do you guys think is the best event in the game? There is no specific criteria.It can be for pure wholesomeness like The color white(Which is also my fav event) or it can be filled to the brimm with lore.

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
What do you guys think is the best event in the game?
“The End of the Tour (Glasswalker)” is my favorite event in Lessons in Love. Where Akira remembers more of his past with Niki, has to face what happened with the car accident, and (re)learns his name. Really that entire Niki event chain was fucking amazing. I can’t praise it enough.

Honorable mentions include: “I Will Deliver You to the Fireflies”, where Akira professes his love for Maya and leads to one of the most emotional and visually stunning scenes of the game.

“There Is A Light That Never Goes Out” for the wholesome Ami content and having her relationship with Sensei evolve into more of a father/daughter relationship.

And also “Spotless Mind” from Christmas 2, purely for the sequence where Akira is back in the past and views a childhood memory with Niki thanks to Wires. “memories.mp3” is such a good song. It always impacts me when it plays… Really it was this event in particular that made me go from invested in Lessons in Love to “I’m obsessed now, aren’t I?” :LOL:

Last edited:

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
“The End of the Tour (Glasswalker)” is my favorite event in Lessons in Love. Where Akira remembers more of his past with Niki, has to face what happened with the car accident, and (re)learns his name. Really that entire Niki event chain was fucking amazing. I can’t praise it enough.

Honorable mentions include: “I Will Deliver You to the Fireflies”, where Akira professes his love for Maya and leads to one of the most emotional and visually stunning scenes of the game.

“There Is A Light That Never Goes Out” for the wholesome Ami content and having her relationship with Sensei evolve into more of a father/daughter relationship.

And also “Spotless Mind” from Christmas 2, purely for the sequence where Akira is back in the past and views a childhood memory with Niki thanks to Wires. “memories.mp3” is such a good song. It always impacts me when it plays… Really it was this event in particular that made me go from invested in Lessons in Love to “I’m obsessed now, aren’t I?” :LOL:
Bro yea Akira proffesing his love to Maya will never not be an incredible scene.Or another amazing scene is the event where she dissapears.All around good stuff smh

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko
Jun 20, 2023
This reminded me of a game I played: Hush Hush, which apparently was based off of pony characters (?), or whatever candy crush is - I'm not entirely certain.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Funnily enough, this game does go full higurashi at times.
2022? I may have gone full shizo, but I am really sure I saw a game with characters looking like this(especially the rainbow colored hair chick) far before 2022. It feels like a long lucid dream, but I am pretty sure there were even videos of this game in youtube. For some time I even though it was in fact a very long lucid dream that I took as reality, but here it is. I am going insane looking at that year of posting. It was before 2022. Maybe it is a copycat of that game or one inspired by that game, like SO is by LiL for example. Here goes a whole day of trying to remember a game that probably dont actually even exist. Edit: only shows "Crush Crush" and "Hush Hush". There was another vn based on "Crush Crush". There was another, but it disappeared. It is gone.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
2022? I may have gone full shizo, but I am really sure I saw a game with characters looking like this(especially the rainbow colored hair chick) far before 2022. It feels like a long lucid dream, but I am pretty sure there were even videos of this game in youtube. For some time I even though it was in fact a very long lucid dream that I took as reality, but here it is. I am going insane looking at that year of posting. It was before 2022. Maybe it is a copycat of that game or one inspired by that game, like SO is by LiL for example. Here goes a whole day of trying to remember a game that probably dont actually even exist
If you check the developer site, it's basically the same shit as another game they released in 2016 (Crush Crush), and possibly earlier titles. One is a VN and one is a... dating sim I guess? I can't even tell, but that's what it says. Check their website/Steam.

If what he said about the pony thing is true, and going off of the one girl with the nyan cat-vomit hair, then the designs might be based on old brony shit art that's been floating around the internet since like 2010. I'm grasping at straws though, so imbibe that with some sodium chloride.

Jun 20, 2023
If you check the developer site, it's basically the same shit as another game they released in 2016 (Crush Crush), and possibly earlier titles. One is a VN and one is a... dating sim I guess? I can't even tell, but that's what it says. Check their website/Steam.

If what he said about the pony thing is true, and going off of the one girl with the nyan cat-vomit hair, then the designs might be based on old brony shit art that's been floating around the internet since like 2010. I'm grasping at straws though, so imbibe that with some sodium chloride.
Yeah I know about Crush Crush. I think the game that I surely remember was released in 2017-2018, because youtube videos about it was released around that time. It could be Hush Hush(certainly not Crush Crush) after all because I found articles released in 2018 mentioning Hush Hush back then, but I am not so sure about that. I do remember checking that vn out in anivisual in 2018, but I cant find that game now, mostly because some vn were deleted from that site. Hush hush either had early access in 2018 or it was some other vn, that there was another. Time to spend a whole night searhing for it. It was somewhat similar to LiL too, in some of it themes, a denpa like genre.

Last edited:

Silenterra

Apr 7, 2021
What do you guys think is the best event in the game?
Hard choice but I have to go with "Everlasting Mercy". Something about it just gets to me, especially this line at the start:

Honorary mention to "Untitled", it's really entertaining for some reason and it not being an annoying reset puzzle for once helps as well.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Yeah I know about Crush Crush. I think the game that I am surely remember was released in 2017-2018, because the youtube videos about it was released around that time. It could be Hush Hush(certainly not Crush Crush) after all because I found articles released in 2018 mentioning Hush Hush back then, but I am not so sure about that. I do remember checking that vn out in anivisual in 2018, but I cant find that game now, mostly because some vn were deleted from that site. Hush hush either had early access in 2018 or it was some other vn, that there was another. Time to spend a whole night searhing for it, I always wanted to try out that VN, did not have enough time back then and now I cant even find it. It was somewhat similar to LiL too, in some of it themes, a denpa like genre. The only reason I even remember about that VN
Didn't have your edit loaded at first. I'm not sure what it is, though. Their site seems scrubbed and only has three games. Their Steam has four though. I'll post a screenshot. I googled them and there may be something about them removing a game, potentially that was only on Nutaku or something, I don't know. It might be time to press F for whatever it was, as it may be gone. Their games look pretty shit anyway to be honest (lmao), so, stay strong soldier

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I don't really have a favorite scene per se... more favorite moments. Like Chinami's introduction, when Touka drunkenly says 'love sounds... lovely', Tsubasa being unable to tear her eyes away from Chika getting rutted, Akira confessing to Maya, and so many more.

If i had to pick one i guess i'd say i loved stomachache... it was torture but the scene was probably the most emotionally powerful experience i've had with this game, i've rewatched that scene like, easily ten times now, maybe closer to 15...

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
Also your assertion made me think.What do you guys think is the best event in the game? There is no specific criteria.It can be for pure wholesomeness like The color white(Which is also my fav event) or it can be filled to the brimm with lore.
I'm a sucker for when books or chapters end on a line that abruptly adds something significant. Like answering a question or tying the loose ends of a theme.

There are so many good events to choose from but one I think about a lot is "Zanzibar (Counting Cats)". It's probably not a critically important event but I just like it. Now is a great time to talk about it given what next update might bring.

It's the final part in the Chika onsen event chain. Sensei wakes up early and begins monologueing to quell his boredom. He brings up a quote from Thoreau which is where the event gets it's name.

The scene is an intimate and comfortable moment. Chika finally wakes up. They talk for a bit and the conversation leads to chika mentioning his status as boyfriend, which Sensei doesn't have the heart to dispute.

The cats in Zanzibar aren't relevant again until the very end of the event.
As Sensei waits outside for Chika to finish talking to Tsubasa, he starts thinking about Tsubasa sexually. And then onto how to maintain his expanding harem which is immediately interrupted by the final line.

As Sensei alluded to, the line from Thoreau isn't about being lazy. It's about inward reflection. Criticizing people who literally travel abroad and fail to find happiness when the real answer is focusing on themselves.

Sensei is a miserable person. He travels from person to person, hoping their affections will make him feel something. But he remains miserable. Perhaps, the answer is to stay in Zanzibar. Focus on a relationship you already have and develop that.

Chika, partly due to naivete, is always trying to develop a good relationship. She's shown throughout the game to be reflective, analyzing how she might be a better partner. You can even see that in this very event.
But Chika largely hasn't been tested or trusted. She hasn't had to deal with Sensei's black-outs, his past, or any of the supernatural stuff. However, that doesn't mean she can't. We don't know because Sensei never lets her in. Not just Chika, Sensei never lets anyone in until they have to be.
Chika is counting the cats in Zanzibar while Sensei continues to run away from every relationship. Afraid of commitment that could be built into the sustainable happiness he needs.

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes