MaoKamui

Oct 15, 2019
I don't like Nodoka. If Nodokathlon becomes reocurring i'll forgive her everything.

On the other hand, Otoha slander needs to stop. She did some dumb shit but nothing too damning, middle of the road on the "bad person" scale really

blazburr

Oct 26, 2021
can someone summarise why maya actually got wiped this reset? i feel like i overlooked some events and didnt read between the lines because out of nowhere we were just doggin that shit for the last time yk

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
can someone summarise why maya actually got wiped this reset? i feel like i overlooked some events and didnt read between the lines because out of nowhere we were just doggin that shit for the last time yk
Akira was given a task to perform -- take something that doesn't belong to him before the end of the season.

Akira failed -- presumably by a matter of minutes, given the direction things were going prior to the reset.

As punishment for his failure, Maya was taken from him.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Tsuneyo is bottom tier, and Nodoka is top tier, any other opinion, is not only wrong, but also dumb to smoke.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
can someone summarise why maya actually got wiped this reset?
Yes. As you very well know, people are reset when they die, and if you remember correctly, Maya had sustained a mortal injury already. It just took a bit to run her through.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There it is. Mystery solved.

Lux Perpetua

Oct 2, 2017
Because the death of the protagonist's mentor is a common trope in literature, often used to increase emotional intensity and develop the storyline.

On a serious note, I doubt it's solely the work of Pareidolia, who sent her into oblivion by the snap of his fingers. Maya has been purposefully shaken up emotionally for a long time, from the scarf incident to the scare room.
I'm guessing that whoever directly resets the world can somehow influence it and make changes, consciously or not. For example, after the scarf incident, Maya becomes more emotionally open to Sensei on the roof, leading to the destruction of the neighboring school and changes in cycles she hadn't seen before. It seems that Pareidolia's goal is to change the cycles even more and Maya was in the way of that.

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
On the note of resets, we obviously know Reset 7 is coming on the Halloween update (0.44). Every reset has consistently had a Happy Event to go along with it:

After the return to form weirdness that was “Arms Bent Back” in the last update, I’m really hyped to see what this inevitable Reset 7 Happy Event will hold.

They’ve always been an aspect of this game I always looked forward to due to how strange yet informative they are lore-wise.

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes