bobvilla123

Jul 12, 2022
can easily be edited using saveeditonline.com if you (like I) refuse to do even the tiniest amount of grinding.
Look I love a well paced story, I also dont hate putting a little effort in, but I'm not going to spend 6 hours grinding for a 16 second scene. saveeditonline.com can not be praised enough. I appreciate the effort devs put in to balance and pace, but sometimes they forget that I've got something to do at 8pm and its not giving gifts over and over and over and over and over and over and over. :ROFLMAO:

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
Look I love a well paced story, I also dont hate putting a little effort in, but I'm not going to spend 6 hours grinding for a 16 second scene. saveeditonline.com can not be praised enough. I appreciate the effort devs put in to balance and pace, but sometimes they forget that I've got something to do at 8pm and its not giving gifts over and over and over and over and over and over and over. :ROFLMAO:
You also gotta keep in mind most of the games posted on this site are by novice devs with little experience who are still experimenting and learning.

This isn't Selebus' first game, but he was still a relatively inexperienced dev when he started making this.

Reducing grind through cheats/save editing can make unbearable games really good or make some good games really boring. It depends heavily on the game's design and personal preference of the person playing.

That being said, I also wanna point out that the post your quoting is from almost 2 years and around 30 large updates to the game ago. It's not too relevant to the way the game currently is. I also wanna point out that, despite that post saying I didn't think it was worth cheating at the time, I'm now the one maintaining the cheat code post linked from the first post. :p

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I accidentally forgot to save the game. Anybody has save till day 100 or 200 that comparable with this version?
Did you check to see if you can load your autosave? The autosaves are locted under the A on the save/load screen. The topmost leftmost file is always the most recent one.

Because of the way stat progress is done, day 100 could mean literally anything, so the file you download may be further along or not as far along as you're hoping (and if it's past where you were, you may miss content)

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Yeah, same here. Whenever a new character gets introduced, I go in and immediately edit their affection and lust values to 100. I don't want to miss a scene just because I didn't grind lust points without knowing I was supposed to have done so.

Reactions: bobvilla123

Castelier

Oct 7, 2021
Did you check to see if you can load your autosave? The autosaves are locted under the A on the save/load screen. The topmost leftmost file is always the most recent one.

Because of the way stat progress is done, day 100 could mean literally anything, so the file you download may be further along or not as far along as you're hoping (and if it's past where you were, you may miss content)
I messed up with the auto save and it just didnt show up my old progresses. All i know is my progresses with some girls are:
+miku: hugging night after she was in chaos
+sana: after we tell her we might get replaced at the end of the year
+makoto:the night after she masturbate and we had some sort of date or something at 2AM
+i forgot the twintail girl name but after she showed us her parents grave
+Ayane: after we kiss her and she tell us about the marriage thingy stuff
+maya after she did some mediate or something in shrine
+futaba: after she almost confess to us in her dorm and got interuptedby our niece call
+after we met haruka
Other than that i think the lastest main event i occured was the cooking night.Had some more too but i dont mind grind them again. And yes i will definitely miss some contents but as long it isnt too many i can be fine with it.

Last edited:

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I messed up with the auto save and it just didnt show up my old progresses. All i know is my progresses with some girls are:
+miku: hugging night after she was in chaos
+sana: after we tell her we might get replaced at the end of the year
+makoto:the night after she masturbate and we had some sort of date or something at 2AM
+i forgot the twintail girl name but after she showed us her parents grave
+Ayane: after we kiss her and she tell us about the marriage thingy stuff
+maya after she did some mediate or something in shrine
+futaba: after she almost confess to us in her dorm and got interuptedby our niece call
+after we met haruka
Other than that i think the lastest main event i occured was the cooking night.Had some more too but i dont mind grind them again. And yes i will definitely miss some contents but as long it isnt too many i can be fine with it.
Twintails' name is Ami

bobvilla123

Jul 12, 2022
That being said, I also wanna point out that the post your quoting is from almost 2 years and around 30 large updates to the game ago. It's not too relevant to the way the game currently is. I also wanna point out that, despite that post saying I didn't think it was worth cheating at the time, I'm now the one maintaining the cheat code post linked from the first post. :p
Oh, absolutely. I was speaking in more general terms than this one specific game. The pacing in this hasn't been terrible. :D

Reactions: Ankoku

Godaooo

Jul 14, 2018
Is it possible to disable the flashing screens? I am quite photosensitive and this game seems fun, but I might have to skip it if it's not possible to disable :/

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Is it possible to disable the flashing screens? I am quite photosensitive and this game seems fun, but I might have to skip it if it's not possible to disable :/
Game files are open to editing, so if u know how, u can possibly disable certain images and effects, but i can't imagine the amount of work you'd have to do for it. There're a lot of those and it can get obscene in certain scenes, so you realistically have only two choices: bite a bullet and tolerate it, or move on.

Jimbolance

Nov 19, 2018
So I downloaded the compressed version and its the all ages version. Is there a compressed thats the 18+?
There hasn't been any "all-ages" versions made for this game in like half a year, so any recent compressed versions will be the 18+ version.

BillyBat12

Nov 25, 2021
There hasn't been any "all-ages" versions made for this game in like half a year, so any recent compressed versions will be the 18+ version.
[/QUOTE
Well when it launches the main menu says The Legend of the Huggy Boy and says new and improved for all ages. When I click About it says hug simulator version 0.25.0Part1. The content warning also says it's for all ages so I'm just kinda confused.

Jimbolance

Nov 19, 2018
Well when it launches the main menu says The Legend of the Huggy Boy and says new and improved for all ages. When I click About it says hug simulator version 0.25.0Part1. The content warning also says it's for all ages so I'm just kinda confused.
I have no idea what the people making the compressed versions are doing but they're doing something wrong lol. There's no Huggy Boy version of the current update.

Reactions: moodle

Aodne

Mar 10, 2018
Anyone got a save so that I could start at v0.25 so that I don't need to start all over since I forgot to back up since I reset my pc and forgot backup?

Reactions: Limeskeleton
4.20 star(s) 298 Votes