Kaeris

May 13, 2017
So i'm a little late to the party, did anything happen these last years with this game? It apparently doesn't update on the latest updates page, had to search for it manually when i saw one that reminded me of it, apparently it has DRM and there are no links to anything about the dev in the first page. Didn't manage to find anything searching in the forum either or at least didn't know how to search.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
When you go to the 2nd dorm floor on a certain day of a week (when otoha is around) the game checks if you have certain images in your game folder, if you have them then the game goes to Sel site and tryes to get access there, if it failed - then the game shuts down, delete saves and script gets erased leaving only encrypted "You would not download a car"
That's not 100% correct as far as i've seen.

At first, when the game starts it loads the gui.rpy and or gui.rpyc (<- seems to be intermediate code) among others.
(I'll be assuming that it's only the gui.rpy for simplicity.)
In the gui.rpy is a code block that does roughly the following:
- There is an image file in the game's folders. (*Dorm2Summersomethingsomething*.png, this one is always in the base game.)
- The code opens the file, searches for a specific part in it and loads that data, and this is rather interesting, as a code string.
- That code string is then also excuted.
The new code then:
- Opens specific .png's, like it did with the dormblahblah file, from the care packages.
- This time it's not about code but ID's.
(I don't know how the backend service on Sel's server handles this exactly so lets assume the following:
You buy a care package, it has a special "fresh" .png, in a database on Sel's end that .png get's a unique ID tied to your IP (Hopefully not your IP, because bad), that info/connection get's stored on Sel's end and you get the special .png with an ID, within your CP.)
- Code reaches out to Sel's server with the CP ID's.
- If the information stored on Sel's end doesn't match the data the code transmitted -> DRM happens.

So unless you took counter measures like discribed on p1 and have at least one care package installed, the DRM always happens. No special scene or event required.

There's another funny thing about all this.
The reason we got to know about this and spicifically the code behind might be Osako's fault.
Maybe we didn't hear that much of her recently is because she's still in prison for her misbehavior :LOL:

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Sounds like DRM will punish any legal user who uses more than one device to play game (i.e. buy new PC). Nicely done

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Sounds like DRM will punish any legal user who uses more than one device to play game (i.e. buy new PC). Nicely done
You got what i was implying, but this is just an assumption (that it's your IP that counts).
Though, new PCs or devices in your LAN/WLAN wouldn't change a thing. Your WAN IP doesn't change (that often).
If my assumption was true though, and you'd try to play Lil outside your LAN/WLAN with a free net connection, that be a problem.

May 27, 2023
[...cut...]

- Code reaches out to Sel's server with the CP ID's.
- If the information stored on Sel's end doesn't match the data the code transmitted -> DRM happens.

[...cut...]
Thank you for your detailed reply!

In my case nothing will happen because I actually bought them to support the game. However
I mostly play without internet, what happens if it can't perform the check at all?

O, and ofcourse I won't buy any new care packages, I don't want my IP registered.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Thank you for your detailed reply!

In my case nothing will happen because I actually bought them to support the game. However
I mostly play without internet, what happens if it can't perform the check at all?

O, and ofcourse I won't buy any new care packages, I don't want my IP registered.
First: Reading comprehensions.
I encapsulated/put what i said into conditional states for a reason.
I assume it's your IP that gets "stored" because what i saw what was actually transmitted is only the ID's (From the CP's .PNG's).
Maybe i overlooked that a UID (besides """"MAYBE"""" your IP) is transmitted. But i doubt that.

Second: If you play without a net connection, then nothing happens, for now.

Sidenote:
The topic is kinda hard for me. There's a lot to consider giving what happened and what already was discussed here.
That Lil gets leaked within minutes of it's patreon release, is something i don't question because of how Lil came to be and that Sel distributed it here.
The care packages though, despite it's content that seems to cater alot to those with Loli (the worse kind) interest *puke, i think are a viable way to ship around that problem.
I don't wanne judge them as a whole, i think it's an ok way to give patreons a benefit.
The DRM, while an interesting (i did learn something from it) approach, failed in several ways.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LuisD and Bingoogus

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
You got what i was implying, but this is just an assumption (that it's your IP that counts).
Though, new PCs or devices in your LAN/WLAN wouldn't change a thing. Your WAN IP doesn't change (that often).
If my assumption was true though, and you'd try to play Lil outside your LAN/WLAN with a free net connection, that be a problem.
I talked more about any unique identifier (likely some hardware info) bound to PC. False positive pirated content detector is hilarious anyways.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Ok, so i want to make a sort of, well, not competition exactly, we'd all be winners, but like one of those collaborative jams musicians get into or something. So, here's two images, a scenario i definitely want to see, but one that could be taken many ways, both with futa and strap-on variants and... well just imagine for a second and you could get so many different takes on such a scenes. All participants should post their work in the art thread, just mentioning it here for the reach.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So yeah, i dunno if anyone will take up the challenge but everyone is welcome and all the cards can be found in the art thread (i think).

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I tried to search and went back a few pages, but I’m trying to decide if it’s worth catching up for the next release. What’s going to be in .34?

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
I tried to search and went back a few pages, but I’m trying to decide if it’s worth catching up for the next release. What’s going to be in .34?
Known schedule is like this:

Lessons in Love 0.34.0:

Total Events: 0/20 Complete

Ayane Events: 0/4 Complete
Uta Events: 0/4 Complete
Futaba Events: 0/3 Complete
Miku Events: 0/3 Complete
Wakana Events: 0/3 Complete
Imani Events: 0/3 Complete
Animations: 0/2 Complete
Programming: 0/20 Complete
Proofreading/Editing: 0/20 Complete

Estimated Release Date: 9/1/23

Lessons in Love 0.35.0 (Halloween 4):

Main Events: 0/18 Complete
Lust Events: 0/2 Complete
Picture Messages: 0/3 Complete

Estimated Release Date: 10/1/23

sakuzuda

Nov 24, 2021
This game is too WHITE for my liking so i made a dark mod for myself which is more pleasing to my eyes. It turned out decent so thought of sharing it here.

View attachment 1931175

If you're using guide mod drop this file to
game\progress mod\

View attachment 1639891

rename the downloaded file to progress_screen.rpy
i can't figuring out how to do it, please someone help me

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Known schedule is like this:

Lessons in Love 0.34.0:

Ayane Events: 0/4 Complete
Uta Events: 0/4 Complete
Futaba Events: 0/3 Complete
Miku Events: 0/3 Complete
Wakana Events: 0/3 Complete
Imani Events: 0/3 Complete
Animations: 0/2 Complete

Estimated Release Date: 9/1/23

Lessons in Love 0.35.0 (Halloween 4):

Main Events: 0/18 Complete
Lust Events: 0/2 Complete
Picture Messages: 0/3 Complete

Estimated Release Date: 10/1/23
Ayane events, Uta events, Miku events and Imani events? Can't fucking wait.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
i can't figuring out how to do it, please someone help me
I think it's out of date, but you should just need to download the mod (the .rar), extract it, then copy the "game" file over Lessons in Love's "game" file.

I also recommend this transparency mod: https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-3.11925/
If you want to get rid of the textbox itself. Makes things look like this:
Then there's also this: https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-15-2-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/
If you want to minimize the grind.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, since Chapter 3 is likely coming to an end rather soon, who do you all think will be the face of Chapter 4?

Ami was the face of Chapter 1, Maya was the face of Chapter 2, and Ayane is the face of Chapter 3:

For Chapter 4, I'm hoping it'll be Noriko:
But, I can see it being someone else:

Reactions: rianzz and Riolol

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
So, since Chapter 3 is likely coming to an end rather soon, who do you all think will be the face of Chapter 4?

Ami was the face of Chapter 1, Maya was the face of Chapter 2, and Ayane is the face of Chapter 3:

I think you are right about it being Noriko, Ami, Ayane and Maya are basically the 3 "main" girls and Noriko is the late coming 4th.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018

I'm thinking it will be Makoto, or Chika, but wouldn't be surprised if it was Sekai, Niki or Kaori. But I think it's too soon for Noriko, she needs some more fleshing out, for me at least she hasn't achieved the same importance as the Sensei Love Squad.
Although maybe that is the exact intent of the "chapter face girl" to expand upon them during the chapter so I'd be completelly wrong.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl
4.20 star(s) 301 Votes