derekthered56

May 30, 2018
I think affection isn't supposed to represent how other characters think about Akira but how Akira thinks about everyone else. He makes a stupid gamified system of tracking his relationships so he doesn't have to confront what he's really doing to real people. And of course the various gods roast him for it by randomly adding or subtracting millions of points.

And of course Sel keeps this system well after the point is made and wastes everyone's time with it, because he's kind of a dick.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I think affection isn't supposed to represent how other characters think about Akira but how Akira thinks about everyone else. He makes a stupid gamified system of tracking his relationships so he doesn't have to confront what he's really doing to real people. And of course the various gods roast him for it by randomly adding or subtracting millions of points.

And of course Sel keeps this system well after the point is made and wastes everyone's time with it, because he's kind of a dick.
The game contradicts this theory a few times, in the sense that the girls affection actually should represent their affection towards Akira, the most emblematic example is Chika getting 1000 affection points, at a moment Akira definitely didn't come to like her more because of rabies.

At the same time, New Maya's affection drops to zero and she's in no way zero towards him, she loves him and would go after him for forever. So yeah, yet another, excuse my wording, dogshit attempt by Selebus to gamify things that either don't add anything, or subtract from it.

At least the affection thing is easily ignored so it never really bothered me much.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
The game contradicts this theory a few times, in the sense that the girls affection actually should represent their affection towards Akira, the most emblematic example is Chika getting 1000 affection points, at a moment Akira definitely didn't come to like her more because of rabies.

At the same time, New Maya's affection drops to zero and she's in no way zero towards him, she loves him and would go after him for forever. So yeah, yet another, excuse my wording, dogshit attempt by Selebus to gamify things that either don't add anything, or subtract from it.

At least the affection thing is easily ignored so it never really bothered me much.
I mean that the system is how Akira believes other characters see him. So when he believes Chika has rabies, he marks that idea down has Chika having 1000 extra points. And for New Maya, the 0 points are him avoiding thinking about her opinion at all.

I think the idea had some merit in chapter 1, but should have been discarded or changed massively as the game went on.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
On the subject of Affection, are any of y'all the kind of nerds to keep a spreadsheet of the maximum NEEDED affection values for the girls? I have a curiosity about this that may play into a theory, but am feeling too lazy to consult the wiki to extract that data myself, especially if someone else has done the labor.

In particular, are their any characters that have required affection levels uncharacteristically higher than the other girls.?

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
The thing I found odd about affection points was Niki and Noriko both starting out with 50 points each because they had history with Akira but not anybody else like Ami or Ayane.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
On the subject of Affection, are any of y'all the kind of nerds to keep a spreadsheet of the maximum NEEDED affection values for the girls? I have a curiosity about this that may play into a theory, but am feeling too lazy to consult the wiki to extract that data myself, especially if someone else has done the labor.

In particular, are their any characters that have required affection levels uncharacteristically higher than the other girls.?
Well you have Ayane as the outlier at several thousand.

4.20 star(s) 300 Votes