aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
What's everyone's realistic hope for this update? And what's everyone's absolutely unrealistic wish?
I'm looking forward to some things that seem likely from the previews: Chika finds out, expansion of RAS, a new happy event that hopefully involves Maya Prime.

Realistic but not in the previews #1: a scene between New Maya and Noriko that reveals more about their past. I'd particularly like to learn more about what caused Maya to hate her so much that it lasted through thousands of years of no contact (at least according to Maya Prime, I don't know if I believe her).

Realistic #2: the narrator who I think is Tsubasa tends to show up for Chika's big scenes, so there's a good chance she's the beach narrator and hopefully we'll get more evidence for her identity.

Unrealistic: Ami and Ayane have steamy makeup sex.

Somehow even more unrealistic because Selebus wants us to suffer: someone finally remembers that the boxes exist.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Update: Lessons In Love has been ported to the newest version of Ren'Py. Which means no more 15 minute start time. (Announcement was to fucking long to fit in a screenshot. I apologize)
Note: 0.42 update patch will not have the newest framework embedded in it. The whole game will have to be reinstalled in order to take advantage of the new framework stuff. Unless you manually updated the Ren'PY framework then there will be a patch for those individuals.

Last edited:

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Note: 0.42 will not have an update patch. The whole game will have to be reinstalled because it was ported over to the newest version of Ren'PY. Unless you manually updated the Ren'PY framework then there will be a patch for those individuals.
I've just spent like 30 hours creating a 11,000 line linear mod for this fucking game and it better not have been wasted time :ROFLMAO: :cry::sick::HideThePain:

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
You know, since the new update is coming tomorrow, I thought I'd finally play the last one. But since I didn't want to spend all night looking for the correct order to the event's. I'd thought I'd go a few pages back and get a guide, only to find out that in two months, yall have made 120+ pages of comments.

And the only thing I can say is...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Note: 0.42 update patch will not have the newest framework embedded in it. The whole game will have to be reinstalled in order to take advantage of the new framework stuff. Unless you manually updated the Ren'PY framework then there will be a patch for those individuals.
So uuuuh, any code bros feel like giving us dunces a step by step guide to updating the framework so we don't have to download 12gb in 12-ish hours?

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
So uuuuh, any code bros feel like giving us dunces a step by step guide to updating the framework so we don't have to download 12gb in 12-ish hours?
Here's what I do (my start time on 0.41 is usually ~30sec). I don't know if this is the full update he's talking about, but it should be enough to run 0.42 off of the update patch.
  1. Download the
  2. Put the renpy folder in the same directory as your Lessons in Love folder. Not in the LiL directory itself, the directory contents should look something like this: Screenshot 2024-07-31 211239.png
  3. Run renpy.exe and you should see LiL in your projects list. Click on it and click launch to start the game.
If you want to make a new exe for LiL instead of launching renpy each time, you should be able to do that by starting renpy, selecting LiL, and clicking "Build Distributions", but I've never tried that. I imagine it would take a very long time

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes