Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
I managed to read the house image that pops up at the end of "Transpacific Sadness Symposium II: SISTER SOFTSKIN". And let me tell you, it was not worth the 3 hours that it took.
(Please tell me everyone else found it impossible to read and it was not just me being dumb.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dec 18, 2020
I managed to read the house image that pops up at the end of "Transpacific Sadness Symposium II: SISTER SOFTSKIN". And let me tell you, it was not worth the 3 hours that it took.
(Please tell me everyone else found it impossible to read and it was not just me being dumb.)
The last line is literally you after spending these 3 hours.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
You're fine. You can hate anyone you want for whatever reason. I'll still use it as an excuse for discussion. Even if I disagree with the reasons, your opinion is still valid. But I never said it was "obviously wrong". I said it was unfair. Which I stand by and think you would agree with.

I am, however going to say you are dead wrong about Akira being more respectful. Half of Yumi's dialogue is basically telling him to go away. Even if you think she's secretly a tsundere that needs help, Akira's disregard for her wishes is very not okay.
Anyway, respectfully, I'm done talking about Otoha. The whole point of declaring it a bias was to not have to justify it, but I thought it would be impolite of me not to address your replies (since it was started with your post). If this topic moves forward it will be with other people.

Last edited:

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
Anyway, respectfully, I'm done talking about Otoha. The whole point of declaring it a bias was to not have to justify it, but I thought it would be impolite of me not to address your replies (since it was started with your post). If this topic moves forward it will be with other people.
It's more than semantics. It's respecting what I said and not turning it into something else.

I think it's unfair to hate someone for something outside of their control. That's all I meant by that.
You replied to me with your opposing perspective. I replied back with mine. Genuinely, was I wrong in how I responded?

Last edited:
Reactions: crustlord12

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, something that has seemed set up for a while, was recently brought to mind: Chika vs Noriko.

It seems to be something that has been foreshadowed since before the 3rd Reset:

With Noriko befriending Yumi, Chika blessing their marriage:
And Chika's friendship with Yumi being shaky at the moment... Any thoughts on how this love triangle drama with Sensei's heart, and Yumi's friendship, in the middle of it all, might go?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Genuinely, was I wrong in how I responded?
Look, I'm no paragon for people to follow nor am I in a position to lecture people on how to have a conversation.
All of these are, in my view, not conductive to a healthy conversation - as they come off either as an attack or being dismissive. I speak only for myself however, and, ultimately, I could have simply stopped replying. Which I should have done.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
So, something that has seemed set up for a while, was recently brought to mind: Chika vs Noriko.

It seems to be something that has been foreshadowed since before the 3rd Reset:

With Noriko befriending Yumi, Chika blessing their marriage:
And Chika's friendship with Yumi being shaky at the moment... Any thoughts on how this love triangle drama with Sensei's heart, and Yumi's friendship, in the middle of it all, might go?
I think it's a fair question to start with if Yumi and Chika's relationship will be truly shaken or it will be a nothingburger, and for how long. I mean, Yumi really didn't do anything. And Chika should know her better than anyone (although it has been pointed out - I forgot who said it, sorry - that Yumi might have difficulty explaining the trip if Chika won't be able to hear about RAS).

I can see Chika breaking yet another barrier in stupidity by believing Yumi is in a relationship with Akira, her being mad because Yumi reveals all that she knows and never told her (I'd like this one), or that she somehow reinterprets Yumi and Akira's past in her own bizarre light.

If neither of these come true, then her relationship with Noriko (although great for Yumi) wouldn't mean much besides the eventual reveal that Niki is Akira's "real girlfriend", and living with him. Anything from Yumi, let's be honest, even with Chika's delusions would be way below that.

Edit: Also, I'm out of reactions.

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
Look, I'm no paragon for people to follow nor am I in a position to lecture people on how to have a conversation.
All of these are, in my view, not conductive to a healthy conversation - as they come off either as an attack or being dismissive. I speak only for myself however, and, ultimately, I could have simply stopped replying. Which I should have done.
That was never my intention and I apologize. I'll be more conscious in the future.

Reactions: crustlord12

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Anyways my whiteness aside i wonder.We are slowly reaching version 0.50.This may be overly optimistic of me but i would love for the update itself to be special in some way
You know, LiL is the only context in which "nothingburger" doesn't annoy the hell out of me.
I am saddened and APPALED by the fact that the term "norhingburger burgerman" has never be used by Kaori.Sel make it happen!

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I think it's a fair question to start with if Yumi and Chika's relationship will be truly shaken or it will be a nothingburger, and for how long. I mean, Yumi really didn't do anything. And Chika should know her better than anyone (although it has been pointed out - I forgot who said it, sorry - that Yumi might have difficulty explaining the trip if Chika won't be able to hear about RAS).

I can see Chika breaking yet another barrier in stupidity by believing Yumi is in a relationship with Akira, her being mad because Yumi reveals all that she knows and never told her (I'd like this one), or that she somehow reinterprets Yumi and Akira's past in her own bizarre light.

If neither of these come true, then her relationship with Noriko (although great for Yumi) wouldn't mean much besides the eventual reveal that Niki is Akira's "real girlfriend", and living with him. Anything from Yumi, let's be honest, even with Chika's delusions would be way below that.

Edit: Also, I'm out of reactions.
I am guessing they won’t truly break apart because of Chinami and the fact that Yumi is literally not guilty in this context and thus, on her end, would not want this false accusation to be the finisher of her most important friendship.

But some distancing will happen regardless and I expect it to forever change their friendship for better or worse. This is because even if Chika miraculously believes in Yumi's words about not cheating, she already wouldn't respond well as soon as she realizes our token tsundere also likes the same guy and has to find that out in such unpleasant way (hinted in Imaginary Veins). Yumi doesn't even need to be found guilty of allegedly cheating for their friendship to go somewhere irreversible.

Besides, I think this provides a good segue (good as in storytelling and not friendship) to the theme of Yumi leaving the nest; she finally lands a job, finally makes a new friend, and likely lives all by herself now. It's an appropriate time to have Yumi depart from Chika to some extent despite the fact that it's not done on a positive note.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Besides, I think this provides a good segue (good as in storytelling and not friendship) to the theme of Yumi leaving the nest; she finally lands a job, finally makes a new friend, and likely lives all by herself now. It's an appropriate time to have Yumi depart from Chika to some extent despite the fact that it's not done on a positive note.
This is a very good point. And also there's an impression, although it might just be me, that Yumi (without even trying) is and always have been closer to Akira's heart than Chika. She certainly is where the universe is concerned, and I wonder if Chika will put two and two together on that front as well.

Because Chika's relationship with Akira has kind of always been about her doing everything she can to please him (it's just that she follows what she thinks will please her "image of a boyfriend", instead of actually looking at Akira), and I think that if she now stops to think about how this girl, that literally does nothing to cultivate that affection, has it (certainly right now after the coma) more than her... well, that by itself might spawn some jealousy.

It's like: "I love this person and I can be with him to a degree, but now I've found out that the only reason I can is because my sister (Yumi) is insistent on not acting their mutual feelings, otherwise I'd probably lose to her. I mean, I'm already losing and she's not even trying for my sake".

I feel like a scenario where she realises that Yumi has not been acting against her, but keeping herself back for her sake and still winning could be even more damning for her self-esteem.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Feed me to the farm makes me think of something interesting.

So we know that chinami is way smarter than she looks.So what "Feed me to the farm" could possibly mean is Chinami expressing her awareness of how shit her situation is(Talking about her chronic illness) and she will beg Akira to take care of Chika.OR it could just be "one of those days" as Sensei so elequently put it but together with Chinami.

I personally hope for the former but im not that opposed to the latter

Lux Perpetua

Oct 2, 2017
Feed me to the farm makes me think of something interesting.

So we know that chinami is way smarter than she looks.So what "Feed me to the farm" could possibly mean is Chinami expressing her awareness of how shit her situation is(Talking about her chronic illness) and she will beg Akira to take care of Chika.OR it could just be "one of those days" as Sensei so elequently put it but together with Chinami.

I personally hope for the former but im not that opposed to the latter
To me, it reminded of one sci-fi book. There was an intelligent alien race with a very short life cycle. The members of this race looked like kangaroos, were hermaphrodites, and died right after they gave birth. The newly born child would drag the dead parent's body to the outskirts of the settlement to feed to the livestock

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
To me, it reminded of one sci-fi book. There was an intelligent alien race with a very short life cycle. The members of this race looked like kangaroos, were hermaphrodites, and died right after they gave birth. The newly born child would drag the dead parent's body to the outskirts of the settlement to feed to the livestock
For a second there, I thought you were going with a How to Serve Humans reference. But no. That sounds much cooler. But I got a "we sent Rover to a farm upstate" feel from that title. Hope not, but won't be shocked.

• Hey there
Reactions: Apollo259

daagagsdgd

May 9, 2019
Allow me to share my opinions on Otoha here. I hardly write any character analyse since it’s just subjective and I certainly hate doing lectures, but Otoha always strikes me as a character hinged between intrigue and trite, as if Selebus didn't implement her characteristics very well.

From the get go she was one of contradictions, a normal caged bird who aspires for freedom and life. And it serves a decent parallels with Nodoka (whom I never thought could be a girl with such iniquitous mind and MO...Coloring Book was so heartwarming that I really can't put my finger on why these moments shattered in a blink of an eye). With help of Nodoka she managed to escape from her strict family, a thing that Akira and Sara never had a chance to, basically she had everything she wanted, she accepted confession of Rin as a test of affection, made well into her musical career and insisted a healthy relationship with Akira, unlike the brocon side she finally "revealed" to us. And as we all see she didn't put a lot effort into the relationship and always stayed passive, I thought it's natural because that's how she was, tentative and insouciant and she got used to taking everything for granted, sure, I understood. My bet was that she would either gradually drifted away and broke up with Rin (now that I'm fed up with incessant girlfriend dramas of Rin, no offense to anyone likes them), got a lesson on treasuring what you already had and became better, or she'd finally make up her mind to create a vis-a-vis exchange with Rin and tried to patch it back, or even just stuck here forever. I'm an optimistic man you see, for some reason I kept craving for warmth and hope in this darn tragedy compilation aka Lessons In Love.

And then everything turned out to be...weird, not the usual tragic and sentimental sensation I've felt for a fall. Why would Otoha, in a sudden, become a person who puts her carnal lust ahead of everything? I mean, did those deeds to Niki without hesitation and flinch? Cheating without even a bit of remorse? I thought she's one the bound by most but now she is depraved as some of the worst characters? Seriously I'm not going to accept it as an usual plot twist. Especially with fifth reset intentedly omitting all further attempt to cheat on Rin hereafter. It just made me feel weird, like her behaviour is totally at odds with what I perceived her as before. In LiL I've seen some of the most radical character developments and I embraced it with enjoyment because they are foreshadowed and gradually implemented. But this is what I've never foreseen. Several hints here and there on her obsession with Niki? Fine although I took it as combining of admire and jealousy before it. Tended to get stressed and throw a tantrum when things didn't align with her ideal? Sure that's very plausible. Drowned in lust and cheating just because her girlfriend lost a competition on some other guy and argued with you when you wanted to give more insouicant comfort? Uhh...not even logically cogent.

I have a hunch that Selebus was trying to fashion Otoha into a duplication of Sekai from the start, they definitely had mutual kinks and personalities. After all The red line "I can see you, you can't see me, she can see me" in Breathing in Unison is too obvious a clue to insinuate relationship underlying and unseen between Sekai and Otoha. I could ramble more on theory of how Sekai consciously corrupted Otoha but that's just too artificial. At least corruption of Sana looks more beautiful than unwarranted cheating...

So tl;dr: For me character arc of Otoha is so inconsisent and abrupt compare to others that I have to take the probability that Selebus made great lapse or change of her template into consideration. And I believe community embraced Otoha slander& hate (with which I personally don't agree) might be a result generated from it. Feel free to lecture me more.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 299 Votes