crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HOLLLYYY SHITTT ITS GONNA HAPPEN.
My friend doesn't get what you mean. Like, I totally get it myself, but I don't think I'd do a great job explaining to them what's going to happen, so if you could explain it to them they'd be pretty thankful.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

I'm so confused
I'm not a 100% on the timeline of this, but making a guess, the second one complements the first because by that time Maya recognized that Akira is her Akira. Hence telling him what he used to do before the cycles, vs what the fake Akiras have been doing inside the cycle.

But again, even if that's not the case, the first screenshot has her talking about a very specific type of episode (that may be be cycle specific) and the second one is a more general "you have always had psychosis".

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022

I'm so confused
What are you confused by?

Sensei experienced hallucinations since before the first loop begun.Sensei and Maya knew each other a LONG time before the first loop begun.

Reactions: crustlord12

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021

I'm so confused
Maya was responding to two similar questions but under different contexts.

In your first example, the episodes Maya were referring to are likely those that are highly unexplainable in nature; things like Sensei going hyperventilating as soon as Maya did something deemed forbidden, or having very very nonsensible hallucination out of nowhere, then having zero recollection about any of that. Essentially, shit observed within the loops is so weird that Maya has no other choice but to blame the loop and her cosmic curse.

In your second example, the hallucinations Sensei was actively consulting Maya were a lot more defined. Hallucinations that involved hearing doomsaying messages were presumably a type of manifestation of his own trauma associated with the accident, and were previously observed and experienced by Maya firsthand. What Maya failed to understand was that this time it really was different from what she knew, and she's made a morbid mistake by drawing parallels. Sensei wasn't experiencing his PTSD in the form of hearing voices; he was receiving real warnings from forces unknown. In addition, Sensei has recovered plenty of his past by the end of Ch3, and thus it is not entirely impossible that Maya only then decided to be a little more honest about what she knew since she didn't have to tread lightly about giving information.

Or, not giving Sel the benefit of the doubt and labeling it as his oversight is also an option.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

I'm so confused
As the others have pointed out: Maya Prime is seemingly referring to two different things.

Sensei has been hallucinating since at least the Accident, if not since he was born considering his mental issues seem hereditary. He's also been blacking out since presumably the Accident, and Ami likely has as well.

His Hallucinations and Blackouts are seemingly Pre Reset things, and things that he's had since the tutoring days. Maya is well aware of them since she had been dealing with them for around 8 years, even before the Resets.

However, since the Resets, Sensei seems to go into shock, delirium, and/or die from hearing about/remembering his and Maya's relationship, or even hearing her say she loves him (Presumably, Sensei's feelings for Maya are literally dangerous). Apparently, hearing her say she loves him has more or less killed him quite a bit:

These Maya related Episodes seem to be what Maya was referring to as something Sensei has had since the first Reset/loop.

It doesn't seem like she realized how related to them she actually was, and that's likely why she didn't understand how the Nakayamas can do things that would be fatal to Sensei, if she did them instead:
They also don't seem to matter much when it comes to New Maya, albeit it could be due to other factors at the moment.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
As the others have pointed out: Maya Prime is seemingly referring to two different things.

Sensei has been hallucinating since at least the Accident, if not since he was born considering his mental issues seem hereditary. He's also been blacking out since presumably the Accident, and Ami likely has as well.

His Hallucinations and Blackouts are seemingly Pre Reset things, and things that he's had since the tutoring days. Maya is well aware of them since she had been dealing with them for around 8 years, even before the Resets.

However, since the Resets, Sensei seems to go into shock, delirium, and/or die from hearing about/remembering his and Maya's relationship, or even hearing her say she loves him (Presumably, Sensei's feelings for Maya are literally dangerous). Apparently, hearing her say she loves him has more or less killed him quite a bit:

These Maya related Episodes seem to be what Maya was referring to as something Sensei has had since the first Reset/loop.

It doesn't seem like she realized how related to them she actually was, and that's likely why she didn't understand how the Nakayamas can do things that would be fatal to Sensei, if she did them instead:
They also don't seem to matter much when it comes to New Maya, albeit it could be due to other factors at the moment.
Two complementary points:

1. When Akira recovers his first memory with Wires help, he sees young Akira and young Akira sees him. Even if this just happened due to the vision, instead of having actually happened, it suggests that young Akira saw things that weren't there regularly enough to ignore this. I, personally, take this as confirmation that Akira has been seeing things since a young age (there's also a pile of evidence that isn't as blatant as this).

2. After the quiz in the church, Himawari in narrator form (presumably) explains to us that it isn't the memory that is damning, but the emotions that go with it. Maya is not the only one that puts Akira at risk. Himawari herself seems to interfere with the Sekai restoration (as a safety net, when she tells him to take her hand) as to prevent Akira from factory resetting by remembering her/his name (Maya's not involved in this).

The reason why everything related to Maya seems more prone to making him reset is either because she's best girl (at least in terms of how many times they have been a couple vs the others), or, and that's an interesting theory, because Maya (Prime) herself in involved in the event that began the cycles, therefore making anything related to her potentially damning just because it always will represent a chance of remembering the "big secret".

Edit: That New Maya doesn't trigger this seems to point to it being a reset secret thing, or that Akira simply doesn't consider her to be his Maya - which would be tragic if he eventually does and starts to risk factory reset again because of it. Either having sex with her without feeling anything, or feeling something and thus stopping being able to...

4.20 star(s) 299 Votes