Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
As my grandmother used to say (honestly), "If you're going to get fucked, you might as well lie back and enjoy it." :)
As a coworker once said: "If ever under a rain of dicks, choose the smallest one and sit on it, so that when the bigger ones arrive you're already taken."

JohnConnington4321

Jun 15, 2023
What follows is a lot of text about a topic I don't like discussing :ROFLMAO: what a day. Well, I tried my best.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't agree with the "not mentioning Nozomu being a teacher" being acceptable, but there's no further elaboration that I can make on it.
Edit: Forgot to add, there is an old theory that might be relevant that simply explains NOZOMU the god as Nozomu the brother, but only insofar as a projection of Akira's mind. Meaning that it isn't actually his brother, but the name he assigned to this entity based on his idea of the world. His brother acted as the de-facto "owner" of his world (Sekai), therefore a horny god.

This is supported, mainly, by the xoanon (NAO) and her speech about wondering how the whole god might appear to Akira (which form will it take), pointing to many things that might have been taking form based on his perception of them (maybe including even Sekai and herself - that takes Ami's form - those being forms that would have close to no relevance to anyone else). For instance, that Sana sees Sekaori in her Sekaori form is likely evidence that that's her true form, but would NAO appear to her as Ami? Unclear.
I'm a bit late to the Nozomu stuff but what I thought was that Saki named her child after Nozomu the god. I remember that Saki was mentioned to be religious in some event and with the exposition from Touka about HOPE being a god that was worshipped in Kumon-Mi's past it makes sense to me that Saki was a follower of HOPE but knew him by the name of Nozomu and then when her first child was born chose to name him after that god. Its a lot of speculation cause we know little about either Saki or Nozomu (the brother) but I do think its something to consider.

Edit: Funnily enough the moment I continued my replay of the game I found Yasu saying this in Frankincense & Myrrh.

1726129303020.png

This is in reference to the divine game of tug of war going on between black and white, meaning that Saki most definitely knew about the conflict between the gods. The fact that Yasu doesn't hate her seems to imply that they worshipped the same god? It's a bit of a stretch but Yasu hasn't been very open with accepting the other gods and so she'd probably hate someone who worshipped one of the other 2/3. It also sets up an interesting idea, in this event to me it seems like the rope that is repeatedly being mentioned is Akira, the fact that he's being used as the puppet in this divine game seems to back up the idea that he's the rope in this analogy. If that is the case then did Saki know that Akira was going to play this pivotal role, did she assume that Nozomu would play it instead? In the halloween battle between Yasu and Rin, Yasu reveals that Saki didn't like Akira for whatever reason, was it because he was going to end up playing the role of "rope" in the divine game of tug of war, did she want Nozomu to play that role instead? Or am I massively over reaching and these things don't tie into each other at all. No idea, just wanted to get my ideas out there.

Edit the second: I really should finish the event before I post. 1726130000024.png

it seems quite clear to me that this means that Saki was a follower of Nozomu. Yasu then goes on to mention how Akira was forced to crawl in the dark when the light began to dim. To me this means that Nozomu's power began to fade and so Akira was forced to turn to Wire god. To reach even further, this could represent the time Akira was visitting the old district a bunch, the old district is Wires' domain and so if Akira is spending more time there then it could explain the whole spending more time in the dark thing.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I'm a bit late to the Nozomu stuff but what I thought was that Saki named her child after Nozomu the god. I remember that Saki was mentioned to be religious in some event and with the exposition from Touka about HOPE being a god that was worshipped in Kumon-Mi's past it makes sense to me that Saki was a follower of HOPE but knew him by the name of Nozomu and then when her first child was born chose to name him after that god. Its a lot of speculation cause we know little about either Saki or Nozomu (the brother) but I do think its something to consider.

Edit: Funnily enough the moment I continued my replay of the game I found Yasu saying this in Frankincense & Myrrh.

View attachment 4024693

This is in reference to the divine game of tug of war going on between black and white, meaning that Saki most definitely knew about the conflict between the gods. The fact that Yasu doesn't hate her seems to imply that they worshipped the same god? It's a bit of a stretch but Yasu hasn't been very open with accepting the other gods and so she'd probably hate someone who worshipped one of the other 2/3. It also sets up an interesting idea, in this event to me it seems like the rope that is repeatedly being mentioned is Akira, the fact that he's being used as the puppet in this divine game seems to back up the idea that he's the rope in this analogy. If that is the case then did Saki know that Akira was going to play this pivotal role, did she assume that Nozomu would play it instead? In the halloween battle between Yasu and Rin, Yasu reveals that Saki didn't like Akira for whatever reason, was it because he was going to end up playing the role of "rope" in the divine game of tug of war, did she want Nozomu to play that role instead? Or am I massively over reaching and these things don't tie into each other at all. No idea, just wanted to get my ideas out there.
I think you might be overeaching a bit given that in that same event we have, for instance, Shadow Maya:
What I mean to say is that it's easy to overeach in that event, because there's so much going on, from the person that is following Akira (Sekai/Shadow Maya/Saki/who knows), to this whole exchange:
Why is Akira the product of something wonderful, and to which extent it extends to him being called the son of makeshift gods? Is he HOPE/Nozomu's son (the god and/or the brother)? And also to which extent? By possession? By baptism? By blood? By being used as a puppet?

He learned to crawl in the light of someone who understood the importance of the light, and even now she whispers his name - but never in the game do we get the feeling Saki's reaching for Akira, or that she's following him in any way. We could go on and there are other fragments, but it's overall simply very confusing.

All of that being said, I like the theory about Saki giving her first son a god's name, I hadn't thought/heard about that before. Good job.

Reactions: LessonsInDissonance
4.20 star(s) 300 Votes