Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
(Concerning seasons and resets) Just a "the more you know" moment, cause the more active members of the thread will know this, but I'd wager many people don't:

A reset should equate to the changing of the four seasons. Therefore a cycle is, in essence, Summer (Hope) -> Fall (USER4) -> Winter (Wires) -> Spring (Pareidolia). Hence, a reset happens on either an equinox or a solstice. This is important to grasp because, when LiL starts, Fall and Spring have been taken - but not their slots.

That's why you get Summer -> Fall Summer -> Winter -> Spring Winter -> Summer -> Fall Summer -> Winter Spring. As you can see, seasons have lasted two resets up until this point because they were occupying the missing season slots.

This has not been confirmed in game, but I feel pretty safe in assuming this is the way it is. Furthermore, Spring can include a reset without changing to another season, in actual fact, the following season would be Spring's original slot (the current should have been Winter).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

matt_riochka

Jun 9, 2020
(Concerning seasons and resets) Just a "the more you know" moment, cause the more active members of the thread will know this, but I'd wager many people don't:

A reset should equate to the changing of the four seasons. Therefore a cycle is, in essence, Summer (Hope) -> Fall (USER4) -> Winter (Wires) -> Spring (Pareidolia). Hence, a reset happens on either an equinox or a solstice. This is important to grasp because, when LiL starts, Fall and Spring have been taken - but not their slots.

That's why you get Summer -> Fall Summer -> Winter -> Spring Winter -> Summer -> Fall Summer -> Winter Spring. As you can see, seasons have lasted two resets up until this point because they were occupying the missing season slots.

This has not been confirmed in game, but I feel pretty safe in assuming this is the way it is. Furthermore, Spring can include a reset without changing to another season, in actual fact, the following season would be Spring's original slot (the current should have been Winter).
not sure at all about what I'm about to say but, with Hope seemingly not interested in Akira anymore based on what Yasu said, maybe we won't see him take over the seasons anymore? that is if the only reason they do take over is to influence Akira, which I'm not entirely sure of

(absolutely off topic, but I really didn't expect to find your review of LiL on Backloggd when I decided to finally create an account today, what a small world)

• Haha
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
What do you mean by slots?
Time in kumon-mi is divided in four. There are four slots. Each change between these slots is marked by a reset.

There'd be no purpose to do a reset in the middle of Winter or Summer, these happen because it's when they were supposed to happen to change into a new season.

Summer - Reset 1 - Summer (meant to be Fall) - Reset 2 - Winter - Reset 3 - Winter (meant to be Spring) - Reset 4 - Summer - Reset 5 - Summer (meant to be Fall) - Reset 6 - Spring (meant to be Winter) - Reset 7 (next update)
(absolutely off topic, but I really didn't expect to find your review of LiL on Backloggd when I decided to finally create an account today, what a small world)
I had totally forgotten about it, small world indeed. Also the review, since I never posted a review here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
not sure at all about what I'm about to say but, with Hope seemingly not interested in Akira anymore based on what Yasu said, maybe we won't see him take over the seasons anymore? that is if the only reason they do take over is to influence Akira, which I'm not entirely sure of
He has abandoned Akira, but as many have pointed out, Yasu ceased to be his voice during chapter 4, and possibly even before that due to interference. We have assumed that he tried to reset Akira during the prior two resets too (or didn't care that he was reset). The one thing that doesn't track with all of this evidence is Yasu saying there'd be a second tea party in which Akira would have changed his mind, and that hasn't happened yet.

Hope actually leaving is unlikely as he's a part of the whole god. I'm confused as to which extent they can talk to eachother too. Hope seemed to go to talk to Wires, but I don't know if it actually happened. Pareidolia and Wires have definitely been part of the same conversation... Well, we'll have to wait.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 304 Votes