barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Some psychology stuff drenched in spoilers

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've only had one playthrough going back to last summer, so my memory of the early scenes is a bit spotty. I need to go through and replay the game with this dichotomy in mind. I might be way off base, or misremembering a critical detail that invalidates all of this, but it hit me a few minutes ago and I had to put it here. I should also read up a bit more on the psycological principles I'm referencing, because psych 101 was a long time ago for me, and I'm sure I'm missing something there.

• Red Heart
Reactions: alex2011
Sep 16, 2018
I personally love the direction that the dev has been taking Sensei. He is aware that what he is doing is wrong and you sometimes see him questioning why/if he should do some of what he does, but he does it anyways. It's almost like he has managed to separate his actions from the consequences by some sort of mental gymnastics compartmentalization. I don't know if anyone else has gotten that vibe but it really sometimes feels like Sensei is a "good person" who just keeps doing bad things without really knowing why.
I mean this is true for a lot of people without any need for supernatural corruption, even people who do really shitty things are the heroes of their own story. Take away the Happy scenes and Sensei is just a sex addict taking advantage of his position and proximity to teenage girls and maybe prone to absence seizures. The story still holds up just fine.

IceNeo2

Jun 23, 2018
Do I need to start a new game every time the game updates? I finally got around to finishing v0.15 part 1 when v0.16 finally came out.

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
Do I need to start a new game every time the game updates? I finally got around to finishing v0.15 part 1 when v0.16 finally came out.
No, your saves pass over unless something messes up on the devs end. That being said, IIRC there was a note saying you had to update to 15.2 before you can update to 16 to keep your saves.

Reactions: alex2011

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Someone said there's a "theories" thread on discord, since i don't really use discord, can someone tell me how to access it?

Edit: Also keep getting "Messages failed to load", every single time.

Last edited:

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
I really dislike some people repeating 'It's a denpa game! There will be no happy ending! Everything will be bad 100%!'. Like dude, creator doesn't HAVE TO DO what goes in that genre. He doesn't have any obligation to that. He will do whatever he wants. Like he can say 'here is a extremely happy ending where all the girls are fixed and happy to live with sensei forever' or he can simply kill sensei and girls in the most horrific ways and be done with it at the end. It's up to dev, it's not up to the 'denpa' genre. Again he has no obligations limit himself with the bouindries of 'denpa' genre. It's his game in the end. Some of the guys actively want bad things to happen in the game which is kinda weird thing to want but okay I guess

GeneralJo

Aug 30, 2020
Hmmm, getting farther in the game and questioning my choices, but I don't remember what I was able to/what I chose in the past.

Was choosing to finger Chika a thing, or was it just part of the laid-out storyline? If it was a choice, does anybody have a save file from before that happened?

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
I really dislike some people repeating 'It's a denpa game! There will be no happy ending! Everything will be bad 100%!'. Like dude, creator doesn't HAVE TO DO what goes in that genre. He doesn't have any obligation to that. He will do whatever he wants. Like he can say 'here is a extremely happy ending where all the girls are fixed and happy to live with sensei forever' or he can simply kill sensei and girls in the most horrific ways and be done with it at the end. It's up to dev, it's not up to the 'denpa' genre. Again he has no obligations limit himself with the bouindries of 'denpa' genre. It's his game in the end. Some of the guys actively want bad things to happen in the game which is kinda weird thing to want but okay I guess
Again, Selebus has already explained how the story is going to go, with it being a denpa game, it is going to get worse before it gets better, it's not like anyone here is telling Sel to make it darker.

Lessons in Love will be split into three parts.
LiL Proper (The version we're in now)
Dark Route (The mandatory route after LiL Proper)
Purity Routes (Ending routes for each girl that will include several hours of new content for each one).

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Again, Selebus has already explained how the story is going to go, with it being a denpa game, it is going to get worse before it gets better, it's not like anyone here is telling Sel to make it darker.
I don't think you understand what I'm saying because your message has nothing to do with what I say or people I criticized. My point is that Selebus is the creator and he can do whatever the fuck he wants in his game. 'Well things must go THE WAY I WANT because the genre states that' is a stupid take imo

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
I don't think you understand what I'm saying because your message has nothing to do with what I say or people I criticized. My point is that Selebus is the creator and he can do whatever the fuck he wants in his game. 'Well things must go THE WAY I WANT because the genre states that' is a stupid take imo
Maybe I don't understand you, because no one has said that things must go a certain way because it's a denpa game; it's that things are going to get darker because of the genre this game falls under. My reply points to Selebus himself saying that because this is/is like a denpa game, it's going to get darker, hence the next part being labeled "Dark Route".

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
For those just starting.. The Guide has serious damn flaws. Even after I had started over from scratch and did events in order I found out that the miss-able events are not listed in the main guide page. This sucks because of that I missed two events and there is no way to see them now after a week worth of playing to get to the There is Nothing of the main event.

The game takes forever even with guide.

Rin - Love Life, Let's Go (damn to miss this one seems like it was a key plot to her personality)
Haruka - Fixing Pipes

Reactions: LooLoo Baloo

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
For those just starting.. The Guide has serious damn flaws. Even after I had started over from scratch and did events in order I found out that the miss-able events are not listed in the main guide page. This sucks because of that I missed two events and there is no way to see them now after a week worth of playing to get to the There is Nothing of the main event.

The game takes forever even with guide.

Rin - Love Life, Let's Go (damn to miss this one seems like it was a key plot to her personality)
Haruka - Fixing Pipes
Rin - Love Life, Let's Go: Don't be bad homey
Haruka - Fixing pipes: you need high lust

Here is a perfect save from just around the beginning of There is Nothing. Use the guide for the terminal number and etc.

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
Does anyone know what fuck was up with last Ami event?

I mean, where do you even start?
Ye, I also wanna know.

But it felt more like the last two Ami events, not just the last one.

Also curious the difference between a pure and a fingered ami are in those events.

Treaddd

Apr 2, 2021
Okay, so, I don't want to spoil anything here but I just finished Baby Finches and I just gotta say...

What the FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK. What. the. FUCK. WHAAAAT THEEEEE FUUUUUCK. I can't even keep playing tonight, I'm gonna need to take the rest of the night and process everything that just happened. What the fuck. Selebus, I'm glad I don't live in your head.

4.20 star(s) 300 Votes