Swift311

Feb 17, 2018
It does play with our emotions, especially certain events.
Most of the times its too straightforward and it's really hard to take it seriosly because I just see it as a bunch of words to make you feel bad for the bunch of pixels and it's so unrealistic that it's actually funny to see them suffer from being just an empty shell with cliche characteristics

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
You're on a sex game forum, but I'll make sure to refrain from using the term bang in the future to protect your delicate sensibilties
See, i might have been a little harsh on you with the age comparison, and im a little sorry for that.
And for all i care you can use every sex related term you want to.
I doubt any person with decent manners would normally be fond of the discord i hang around with my friends.

But i really do think that you just happened to form a really unfortunate combination of words (with the cancer thing), especially related to a person here.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You're on a sex game forum, but I'll make sure to refrain from using the term bang in the future to protect your delicate sensibilties
Technically not a sex game forum, adult games, yes, but not necessarily sex games. This forum is more about piracy in general, it's just that the easier games to pirate are sex games because they typically come from a smaller developer that isn't protected by a piracy watchdog like the Entertainment Software Association in the US. Try to pirate a Bethesda game, very bold move I have to say, and you'll have the ESA on you within the hour with a message from your ISP to tell you to knock it off or risk internet termination and/or legal action, but try to pirate something like an Illusion game and, because Illusion fits both the smaller developer and foreign developer categories, you won't hear a peep.

Most of the times its too straightforward and it's really hard to take it seriosly because I just see it as a bunch of words to make you feel bad for the bunch of pixels and it's so unrealistic that it's actually funny to see them suffer from being just an empty shell with cliche characteristics
That's the way I see other games, but there are two games I cannot see that way because of their writing being so good that I just can't distance myself from the emotion like I used to, Lessons in Love and Harem Hotel as of 0.12.0 of that game as well.

Reactions: BlackDays

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
K, new theory, sort of.
It's a simulation, but not for Sensei, he's just a vehicle for that weird God Yasu worships. This God is the only "real human", he's narrating (at least sometimes) and probably have some brain damage or whatnot. For many cycles, Sensei was nothing but an avatar for this God, but at some point, probably because he acted out complex behavioural patterns for numerous cycles, he started to gain some authomy. That causes constant disconnections from God, or maybe it's the opposite, whenever he disconnects, God takes over. Maybe at some point, he went completely on his own and that's were his thing with Maya originates from.
Also, there are signs of conflict between whatever God Maya aligns herself with (Nozomu, the calous one?), that resides in Shrine and the Wire Tree God, the one Yasu worships. Maybe both of them trying to take over Sensei.

S - Boy

Sep 14, 2020
Don't know if i said this before, but:

Sound is both required for progression as well as extremely important to the game's design.

Best of British luck, mate - i'm about as likely to play this game as i am the one with just emojis, no text...

NOT AT ALL
Seems like a fussy player here.

Come on, this project's been doing great without much sound, and Selebus is just one guy runnin' the whole thing, rathers focus on developing content and got no time to invest more in sound fx.

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018

Come on, this project's been doing great without much sound, and Selebus is just one guy runnin' the whole thing, rathers focus on developing content and got no time to invest more in sound fx.
You obviously have no idea what i meant.

Perhaps if you had more carefully read what i said and what i was responding to.

Let me explain.

I wasn't complaining about the sound not being very good.

I was complaining about being forced to listen to the sound at all if i want to play the game.

The dev says you have to listen to the sound in order to play the game.

I play these game with the sound off.

Ergo, if i can't play the game without the sound, i can't play the game.

This is akin to the game where there's no text - the entire plot is advanced by emojis.

I don't play most games that have puzzles or minigames, and in that game, effectively, every interaction or bit of plot advancement is, effectively, a puzzle.

Stupid idea ... unplayable {at least for me} game.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
K, new theory, sort of.
It's a simulation, but not for Sensei, he's just a vehicle for that weird God Yasu worships. This God is the only "real human", he's narrating (at least sometimes) and probably have some brain damage or whatnot. For many cycles, Sensei was nothing but an avatar for this God, but at some point, probably because he acted out complex behavioural patterns for numerous cycles, he started to gain some authomy. That causes constant disconnections from God, or maybe it's the opposite, whenever he disconnects, God takes over. Maybe at some point, he went completely on his own and that's were his thing with Maya originates from.
Also, there are signs of conflict between whatever God Maya aligns herself with (Nozomu, the calous one?), that resides in Shrine and the Wire Tree God, the one Yasu worships. Maybe both of them trying to take over Sensei.
It's possible, but I'm still firmly tied to my theory that all of this is because of mental issues and that everyone is very much a real person within the reality of the story.

I think you've got something wrong here. The complaint that you replied to is about the fact that sound is required, which some people don't like. In the event There Is Nothing, sound is used exclusively to give one of the answers to a puzzle contained in the event.

Perhaps if you had more carefully read what i said and what i was responding to.

Let me explain.

I was complaining about being forced to listen to the sound at all if i want to play the game.

This is akin to the game where there's no text - the entire plot is advanced by emojis.

I don't play most games that have puzzles or minigames, and in that game, effectively, every interaction or bit of plot advancement is, effectively, a puzzle.

It's actually a great idea that I think is not utilized enough, though that may change in future builds. When I say not enough, I mean the usage in There Is Nothing to give an answer to the puzzle. The engine has a perfectly good sound function, so why not use it.

Reactions: S - Boy and akselx

S - Boy

Sep 14, 2020

Let me explain.

Right, apologize for that. It's just I've seen other comments requesting more sound fx so I thought yours the same, my bad then.

Reactions: alex2011

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
VR and VN don't exactly go well together. If this were a game like Koikatsu, the game used for the graphics, maybe, but a VN doesn't make much sense as a VR game.
We're going to have to agree to disagree on that. Even if it's a still image, actually feeling like you're *inside* the clock room would enhance the experience of the game for me. Feeling like you could reach out and touch the girls would enhance their "realness".

Now, is VR even more impactful/useful in games where you can interact directly with other characters and the environment physically in the game? Absolutely. However, I don't think that functionality has to exist for it to enhance a game. Just feeling like I'm in the environment, seeing through Sensei's eyes, and being able to see the girls "life sized" and as 3 dimensional would have an impact for me.

I also understand that this is moot, because I doubt highly that Selebus has the time to make a VR version of the game. I was just considering how it would feel to be more "inside" the game.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
We're going to have to agree to disagree on that. Even if it's a still image, actually feeling like you're *inside* the clock room would enhance the experience of the game for me. Feeling like you could reach out and touch the girls would enhance their "realness".

Now, is VR even more impactful/useful in games where you can interact directly with other characters and the environment physically in the game? Absolutely. However, I don't think that functionality has to exist for it to enhance a game. Just feeling like I'm in the environment, seeing through Sensei's eyes, and being able to see the girls "life sized" and as 3 dimensional would have an impact for me.

I also understand that this is moot, because I doubt highly that Selebus has the time to make a VR version of the game. I was just considering how it would feel to be more "inside" the game.
Here's the thing, VNs use 2D images. Even if the studio program used for the images in game is 3D, the images from it are 2D. All you'd be doing is moving the screen closer to your eyes. You would NOT be getting the feeling you are in the clock room or seeing the girls in three dimensions, that would require an actual 3D environment.

4.20 star(s) 299 Votes