KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Selebus I now want the next halloween event to be murder mansion mystery at Tubasa's, someone unimportant dies... like Joffery... or just some random dude named Matthew. The phones are out and sensei has to deduce and seduce the correct sus out of hiding

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011 and akselx

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
I've been comparing koitatsu games recently and it seems like this game is the most successful one in terms of monthly patreon money. I don't really get why though? I tried it, saw a few of those scary scenes, got bored and deleted it without ever looking back. How does this earn more money than say Corrupted Kingdoms for example? Or Champion of Realms?

Because it's the best VN out there, and has the added bonus of a developer who puts out fantastic content on a regular schedule. Sounds like it may not be for you, though.

• Red Heart
Jan 15, 2021
Because it's the best VN out there, and has the added bonus of a developer who puts out fantastic content on a regular schedule. Sounds like it may not be for you, though.
"the best VN out there." Those are some big words. I dunno about that fantastic content to be honest. The games I mentioned look better, have better sex scenes and also feature a decent story. I do liked the horror bits, with those "smile" scenes, but they're also not really that high quality.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
"the best VN out there." Those are some big words. I dunno about that fantastic content to be honest. The games I mentioned look better, have better sex scenes and also feature a decent story. I do liked the horror bits, with those "smile" scenes, but they're also not really that high quality.
Like I said, it's clearly not for you.

• Red Heart

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
I've been comparing koitatsu games recently and it seems like this game is the most successful one in terms of monthly patreon money. I don't really get why though? I tried it, saw a few of those scary scenes, got bored and deleted it without ever looking back. How does this earn more money than say Corrupted Kingdoms for example? Or Champion of Realms?
corrupted kingdom stole many of its assets from other peoples works which soured some fans into not paying for it at all. Champion of realms... its level of writing....well... it's fucking bad, like naruto bad, it's chunibyo, except its like it isn't even aware its chunibyo.

Jan 15, 2021
Selebus I now want the next halloween event to be murder mansion mystery at Tubasa's, someone unimportant dies... like Joffery... or just some random dude named Matthew. The phones are out and sensei has to deduce and seduce the correct sus out of hiding

corrupted kingdom stole many of its assets from other peoples works which soured some fans into not paying for it all. Champion of realms... its level of writing....well... it's fucking bad, like naruto bad, it's chunibyo, except its like it isn't even aware its chunibyo.
"Stole many assets." How? None of the assets are original, they're all from koitatsu.
As for Champion of Realms rather plays typical Shounen Anime tropes but I like how it combines several stereotypical Anime tropes and makes sense out of them.
Well and how is this game any better in terms of writing in your opinion? I'm just seeing ddlc with other characters.

Jan 15, 2021
Like I said, it's clearly not for you.
Well then try to sell me on it, what are its strengths? I'm genuinely curious and don't get at all how this is the most successful koitatsu game right now. Is it the mix with horror? Or are the characters interesting? Although personally I didn't notice that to be honest.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Well then try to sell me on it, what are its strengths? I'm genuinely curious and don't get at all how this is the most successful koitatsu game right now. Is it the mix with horror? Or are the characters interesting? Although personally I didn't notice that to be honest.
None the game sucks don’t play it

Jan 15, 2021
None the game sucks don’t play it
I wouldn't go that far and I mean I'm just one guy who didn't like it. I was just curious and thought maybe your fans could tell me what they like so much about your game. My comments are not meant to be taken as me trying to prove its not good. I just have a different opinion and would like to hear other opinions on it. I'm clearly in the minority here anyway right?

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
"Stole many assets." How? None of the assets are original, they're all from koitatsu.
As for Champion of Realms rather plays typical Shounen Anime tropes but I like how it combines several stereotypical Anime tropes and makes sense out of them.
Well and how is this game any better in terms of writing in your opinion? I'm just seeing ddlc with other characters.
you can literally go through the thread of corrupted kingdom and find like 20 pages text of when the the creator had to change the character designs because he got legal papers served from when he stole them. he had a massive loss in revenue from when that happened. (you will find me there pissed at how the tree trunk thighs are gone... I dont mean thighs the size of tree trunks, I MEAN THIGHS THAT ARE MADE OF TREES.)

and champion of realms is stereotypical shounen with no exposition story build up and straight "oooooh fight for no reason, now look at tits you didnt have to really earn but get to fondle" from the start. I mean it might not be fair to the game that my impression is the first 30-45 mins of gameplay... but really

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
corrupted kingdom stole many of its assets from other peoples works which soured some fans into not paying for it at all.
Although Arc did replace every asset he stole (with low-quality, shitty-looking characters) which chased away even more fans :cry:

Why don't people understand? If you write a story using Word, that's original. If you create digital art using Photoshop, that's original. If you create a game using Koikatsu, that's original. And if Person A makes original content, and then Person B uses that content without consent from Person A, that's theft of assets. Just like how if you wrote a story on Word and I used it without your permission, then that's also theft of assets.

I wouldn't go that far and I mean I'm just one guy who didn't like it. I was just curious and thought maybe your fans could tell me what they like so much about your game. My comments are not meant to be taken as me trying to prove its not good. I just have a different opinion and would like to hear other opinions on it. I'm clearly in the minority here anyway right?
Selebus just likes to be a tad sarcastic :devilish:

Also, this game is a visual novel – basically a novel with images and sex scenes to compliment. So the focus is the novel, the other stuff is just a tasty side snack. That's how visual novels function, and some people just don't like it, just like some people don't like to read books. There's nothing wrong with that :whistle:, it just probably ain't for you. Or maybe you might like this game if you change your mental and approach it like a book, I don't know.

If you want to play a more classic Renpy game with emphasis on game mechanics and action and whatnot, I recommend Komisari's Hero Harem Guild. Though updates take a while, but that game's top-tier in game mechanics and sex scene (there's a a fair amount of them).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
I'm sorry - why would I do that? I don't know you and I really don't care if you like the game or not. You asked a question and I answered it, but I definitely have no interest in spending time trying to persuade you. Taste is taste - if you don't like it, that's fine.

I'm not trying to be harsh here. I see this on Board Game Geek too - threads people start saying "Convince me why X is a good game. " I'm not the publisher of the game, so it's not really something worth my time.

Selebus is the only one with a vested interest in convincing someone to like the game and even he isn't interested in doing that.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
probably an additional reason for selebus's success though is he reached out to other game makers like hero's harem guild (still better than both the games you mentioned even if the last time I heard anything about it was over half a year ago) and advertised between discord and patreon groups

• Red Heart
Reactions: alex2011

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
probably an additional reason for selebus's success though is he reached out to other game makers like hero's harem guild (still better than both the games you mentioned even if the last time I heard anything about it was over half a year ago) and advertised between discord and patreon groups
HHG actually reached out to me and I am so incredibly thankful for that.

Jan 15, 2021
you can literally go through the thread of corrupted kingdom and find like 20 pages text of when the the creator had to change the character designs because he got legal papers served from when he stole them. he had a massive loss in revenue from when that happened. (you will find me there pissed at how the tree trunk thighs are gone... I dont mean thighs the size of tree trunks, I MEAN THIGHS THAT ARE MADE OF TREES.)

and champion of realms is stereotypical shounen with no exposition story build up and straight "oooooh fight for no reason, now look at tits you didnt have to really earn but get to fondle" from the start. I mean it might not be fair to the game that my impression is the first 30-45 mins of gameplay... but really
Heh and who sued him and how? Only way this could've happened is if Illusion had a problem with him using koitatsu for his game. You cannot sue anybody for characters made in koitatsu, that is impossible. Unless maybe we talk big licenses but then he would've to sell the game and not merely take donations.
As for Champion of Realms that is not true. The MC barely fights, its rather the women who fight and he gets involved with them. The beginning is mostly teasing and figuring out portals. Well and there is a big exposition in the beginning about how the current world was created and all those different alternative plains of existence were made.
The MC gets more or less slowly isekaid and eventually surrounded by all the girls.

Jan 15, 2021
Ah so its not the game essentially, its more about connections, discord and patreon groups he knew beforehand. So essentially good marketing?

4.20 star(s) 299 Votes