Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Thanks, this is really weird though. I'm comparing the old version with the new version and basically Maya (2 more), Ayane (2 more) and Makoto (2 more) got events added to them, but at the same time we lost 4 events overall from a double update (total events for both of the updates got down to 18 from the usual 20 - or rather 36 to the expected 40).

There are also 10 new main events that weren't supposed to exist, as in the old version the following update would have no main events. Therefore we went from 9 main events dealing with Halloween to 19.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Reducing the number of events to 18 would suggest that Selebus really doesn't want to have the update continue beyond the reset, maybe wanting to leave it at a cliffhanger. Otherwise, he'd have no reason to stop at 18 events for two months (especially when it's clear he already has the following update planned out - old 0.45, now presumably 0.46 - and it's mostly around people with no strong ties to the reset: Futaba, Molly, Io, Otoha, Kirin, Noriko, Imani, Maki, Rika, Tsubasa and Haruka. Ayane would be the only one with ties, but she'd have just one event).

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Reversal of perspective? It'd certainly be a new take on the resets, having them start with Akira trying to prevent Maya's death, rather than the opposite. But Maya would have no reason to kill herself before the loops either.

I have difficulty seeing how someone that lasted a thousand years struggling alone would kill herself over Niki moving in though.

Edit: Now that I think about it, does Niki moving in even make that much of a difference? She has a career and most of the events aren't with Akira at home anyway. I guess it makes a difference for Maya in the sense that Niki becomes Ami's mom, but other than that, leaving the emotional stuff aside, Akira will keep having encounters as usual, and might trigger Maya to really mean what she said about turning his new apartment into their nest ("fine, Niki gets your first home, but I get this one" sort of deal).

Waiting to see if Selebus drops the ball on Chika finding out that Niki has moved in as well (cause Niki seems like she's going to the party - and now as Ami's mom sort of). Also Noriko, but I'm predicting that might be her/Yumi's next event. Noriko talking about how her onee-chan won, and Yumi about having feelings for Akira and Chika going insane.

Overall: Is it bad that I'd prefer Maya killing herself over her rebounding with Otoha? Because that route is far too dark for me, lmao.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

Overall: Is it bad that I'd prefer Maya killing herself over her rebounding with Otoha? Because that route is far too dark for me, lmao.
I'd probably prefer factory resetting myself rather than her rebounding with Otoha. There is a very small number of things that'd make me despise this game and that is one of them.

Stop making Otoha's whole thing about going after the people Akira is in an actual relationship with. If that is a must, have her masturbate over Sekai's grave or something, just leave Maya alone. Can Sekai possess a dildo? that might be enough.

Reactions: DeSkel15

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Thanks, this is really weird though. I'm comparing the old version with the new version and basically Maya (2 more), Ayane (2 more) and Makoto (2 more) got events added to them, but at the same time we lost 4 events overall from a double update (total events for both of the updates got down to 18 from the usual 20 - or rather 36 to the expected 40).

There are also 10 new main events that weren't supposed to exist, as in the old version the following update would have no main events. Therefore we went from 9 main events dealing with Halloween to 19.
Reducing the number of events to 18 would suggest that Selebus really doesn't want to have the update continue beyond the reset, maybe wanting to leave it at a cliffhanger. Otherwise, he'd have no reason to stop at 18 events for two months (especially when it's clear he already has the following update planned out - old 0.45, now presumably 0.46 - and it's mostly around people with no strong ties to the reset: Futaba, Molly, Io, Otoha, Kirin, Noriko, Imani, Maki, Rika, Tsubasa and Haruka. Ayane would be the only one with ties, but she'd have just one event).
I would assume the Ayane event from old .45 is one of the three Ayane events in nu.45, and some of those one-off events may be reclassified as main events because they're part of the party, or something.

The scaling down from 20 to 18 might just be to give him more time to work on Mysterious Side Project That Is Almost Certainly Grow Old Than Die, like the removal of animations had been.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
This isn't quite about LiL, but why was the game delisted exactly? I wasn't really around when it happened but i'm assuming it had something to do with the care packages?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
This isn't quite about LiL, but why was the game delisted exactly? I wasn't really around when it happened but i'm assuming it had something to do with the care packages?
Less about the care packages themselves and more about the drama surrounding them once they got posted here.

The short answer is dev and a number of people from the Discord violated forum rules and gave the mods enough of a headache to get the game delisted.

This included mass reporting the thread trying to get his own game taken down from the site.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Why did he want his own game delisted? I get he's a bit, uh, "special" in this regard but that seems counterproductive to his own goals.

(Unless he really does believe that "piracy" was taking money from him.)
Long version: Frustrated that the game was leaking here within minutes of an update going live, he created care packages to try and generate more subscriptions as something that couldn't be uploaded here because of rule 7 -- de-aged versions of the characters in optional animations.

They leaked here within minutes of going live, and he lost his shit.

He tried to get the game delisted as a rule 7 violation, and when it didn't work he mass reported hoping it would eventually find a mod who'd give him what he wanted.

He genuinely does believe that the game being listed here is costing him money, and doesn't seem to realize that most of the money he's lost is specifically because we got sick of supporting his behavior.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Pretty funny looking through his earliest posts (if his account hasn't been deleted yet) where he seems like a completely different person, either he's been going through a rough patch in the last couple years or the money really did get to his head.
I believe things went south after he quit his day job to work on the game full time and suddenly minor fluctuations in his subscriber count became a much bigger deal.

Reactions: crustlord12

siegabro

May 19, 2020
As far as she seemed aware, even the Sensei that was sleeping around, all those years, was just someone else using his body. (The whole reincarnation theory)
As a side note, I totally forgot about the other people that supposedly inhabited Sensei's body. Could someone please remind me, were there ever clarifications about who inhabited his body in previous cycles, and how much different their personalities & actions were? I feel like ever since Maya realized that the original Sensei came back, this part of the mystery was rarely addressed again.
Apart from him just generally sleeping around, the only specific thing that I can remember are the "rapey detentions" for Yumi, but even then I don't really understand what this means and whether this was done by the original Sensei pre presets or by one of his impostors

4.20 star(s) 299 Votes