alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
bro I don't mean it in a bad way, you literally respond to every post though in massive comments :ROFLMAO: superfan
I didn't think you did, I'm just saying that isn't really a good description for it, I would say someone who is a superfan really wouldn't say anything bad even with blatant issues. As for the massive comments, that's usually due to multiple points to cover in a single comment, a ton of comments, or both.

Sel has talked in the past about his plans. Iirc, you have the opening segement (where we are now), the dark path where everything goes poorly, and then once you've failed miserably and hurt everyone around you, you will unlock the purity paths, which is an indepth path for each girl with a happier ending. He also said that the purity path, iirc, are non-exclusive. With what we know now, it seems like it might be some kind of seperate reset for each girl. Then, potentially when you've done each path, you get to a true ending.
Indeed, though happier doesn't necessarily mean happy, so players should definitely brace themselves just in case.

Bluejay happened right before a reset, which made it more fudgeable. If it happened earlier -- early enough to be remembered by anyone other than Sensei, it might be permanent, this hasn't been established.

Maya has said she's seen people disappear forever before.

And personality wipes, which we know Sensei is subject to, and it's been hinted Maya is as well, is a form of death.
It could also be that, since no reset has happened after someone has definitely died, no deaths have carried over. So far, that is my theory. We never saw Makoto die, it literally reset while she was in mid air, so she was carried over. What Maya may have witnessed, may because she never confirmed the state of the people who disappeared right at the time of the reset, could have been a person who had died within the cycle that was resetting and then the reset didn't carry them over because it only carries over living subjects.

Even as someone who's been through it, the signs only become apparent after the fact.

"I want to die" could be a catch phrase played for laughs, or it could be a statement of intent. We had all assumed it was a catch phrase played for laughs. Turns out we were wrong.

Sarcasm aside, jello stew in itself is just a mistake, and most of us would shrug and move on with our lives.

But if you're in a depressive state and trying to do something nice for the one person who brings you any joy in your life, when that effort blows up so spectacularly, it's the end of the fucking world and can kick off a death spiral.

The theme of this update is "Why does everything hurt so much?" We're asked this during the introduction. It's repeated by the shadow figure when we see Sara looking distraught. A large narrative focus is on Molly's pain, but Io's is also alluded to in the finale, Rin's pain from the last beach update looms over most of the interactions she's in, etc.

It really feels that we're transitioning into the dark phase of the story now, and I fully expected Wakana's overdose to be fatal, and was almost disappointed when Selebus pulled the punch at the very end.

I suspect that is the last time he'll be so kind to our heartstrings.
Indeed, the signs are there, but often go unnoticed. I am actually not too sure on that phrase myself, it might have been a mix of both. At first it might have been for laughs, but then later it got into intent territory and it went unnoticed by Osako until the attempt.

Are we so sure it was just a mistake, I took it as a sign something was off, but it was more because I know what kind of game this is that tipped me off to that sign than anything. I am in no way an expert in that field and would definitely be in the same situation around a real person going through it because I have no outside factor in real life to tip me off. I was on my guard in game, that is almost never true in real life.

Yeah, I can imagine how the severity of such a simple mistake could blow out of proportion in the eyes of the depressed. They feel they have to be more than perfect around the people they care about so those people don't leave them behind, which obviously isn't going to happen, but in the mind of a depressed person, they will.

Indeed, there was a nice big helping of pain this update, and helplessness because there's nothing we can do at the moment to soothe that pain. I haven't felt like that this bad in a while and this game is the one thing that causes it.

I think we are, things are snowballing into bad time territory real freaking fast now. It may be only a couple updates before something extremely bad, not ruling out actual character death, happens.

He's been generous up to this point, and that's including moments where he really was messing with us. I am both excited and thoroughly dreading what comes next. I'm not sure how I'll be able to handle something really bad, I honestly wasn't expecting it so soon, but I must push forward. I cannot, no, I won't let the prospect of the really bad stuff scare me off.

Damn, OK, it seems I was mostly wrong in my criticism, thanks for pointing out some unobvious moments.

I'm really interested in Uta's development, seeing her kinda melancholic look often in recent updates. It's not as fleshed out as the girls you mentioned and there is no clear reason (at least I don't remember, curse my memory again!), that's why I'm quite curious how it will explode later.
She's one of the ones where we don't yet know what is wrong, but we will know in time. Knowing Selebus, it will explode in our faces in grand fashion, causing a much more severe reaction than just revealing her issue.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I'm really interested in Uta's development, seeing her kinda melancholic look often in recent updates. It's not as fleshed out as the girls you mentioned and there is no clear reason (at least I don't remember, curse my memory again!), that's why I'm quite curious how it will explode later.
Yeah, she's really good at masking it, which is to be expected given where she works (I don't think sad maids make good tips), but there's definitely something there. She alludes to it in one of her private scenes with Io, and I am looking forward to the time we get to explore that.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
He's been generous up to this point, and that's including moments where he really was messing with us. I am both excited and thoroughly dreading what comes next. I'm not sure how I'll be able to handle something really bad, I honestly wasn't expecting it so soon, but I must push forward. I cannot, no, I won't let the prospect of the really bad stuff scare me off.
Buckle in, shit could be hitting the fan as early as December.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sarlean

Jan 26, 2020
heya all i am wondering does someone else has dificulty to call makoto for getting condom in the sand event ? i chekked and i have done every other event that is required mayas all the way looking for answers, mikus loxonin and survive grow. I am at day 350 so think i am fine in that regard too.

sunday afternoon didnt work nor calling a weekdays so i am missing something probably now here. cant figure out thought what :) i try visitin girls rooms etc and see if something works.

The Dark One

Feb 6, 2018
Does anyone have a save file around start of this update or before this one my HDD is fucked and i really don't want to grind all over again thx

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Yeah, she's really good at masking it, which is to be expected given where she works (I don't think sad maids make good tips), but there's definitely something there. She alludes to it in one of her private scenes with Io, and I am looking forward to the time we get to explore that.
I am really expecting Io and Uta to have one of those nasty hair pulling fights in a few updates and that will just be amazing

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Nah, those two clearly love each other, and have for a long time, just neither is willing to pull the sapphic trigger yet.
no, I very much got that feeling with the two of them talking together. Io is obliviously ignorant of Uta's feelings and stuck in her own melancholy, Uta hides EVERYTHING she is feeling and thinking behind a wall of vapid cute girl stuff, we only get small looks into her when she thinks no one notices. This is going to end up causing some kind of massive fight between the two when it all gets aired out. I just can't wait for Uta to go on a rampage and swearing like a sailor enough to make Yumi blush.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
Am i the only one who really like Niki and want her to get content as much as main girls are getting?

A heart to heart conversation between them is a long time overdue now.

Arato23

Apr 19, 2021
Am i the only one who really like Niki and want her to get content as much as main girls are getting?

I just want maybe some closure with Niki I don't want them to respark their relationship.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I just want maybe some closure with Niki I don't want them to respark their relationship.
I mean, this is MC we're talking about. Even if Niki wants to respark their relationship, she's not gonna get what she wants out ot it. She's just as likely to walk in on him banging one of the other girls within 12 hours of getting him to agree.

omnisora

Jun 17, 2019
Thanks for a great game that really makes me think, can't wait for more of it.

*Sidenote, in my head all of Wakana's lines are read in the voice of Razmi from the game "Indivisible" (for those of you who look that up, you're welcome!)

Reactions: alex2011

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
I'm a sucker of stories where childhood friends falls in love with each other and stays together. Even though i know sensei can't be exclusive to Niki because STORY i want them to have moments.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018

Well, you're in luck, because the next update is going to have Niki events. Also, the preview showed her with a different look and it was just the best thing ever, one of my favourite designs in the game.

Reactions: alex2011
4.20 star(s) 299 Votes