barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I'll take a look. I had been previously using the activity tracker in the game which is difficult to work with.
Yeah, that works when you're caught up and a new update comes out, not so much for a new player trying to figure out which of the 33 possible character events they need to see to unstick the progress.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Fun trick: goto 'Google Translate, put the word ' Nozomu' into the 'detect language' box, hit enter, and look in the 'english' box.

Spoilers: it's Japanese for 'hope'...
Right.

Up until the most recent set of Yasu's scenes, i was under the assumption that Nozomu and HOPE were one and the same. But then Yasu started speaking in tongues, and the tone and voice are quite different from HOPE's, which makes me think that HOPE a demigod or successor or something, not actually Nozomu himself.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I made a brand new Discord account and tried all of the invite links and none of them worked. Either I'm turbo-banned or it's locked down to subscribers only.
I don't think it is. After he did his purge, I still had access to public channels, but not subscriber channels. I had to link my Subscribestar account to get that back. So there is a non-subscriber role.

But after all the burned bridges, there may be some kind of vetting process to get on now.

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus and Bse

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Alright.
Banger of an update. Sensei suddenly turn real and got out of his own head, possibly picked up poetry again. Awesome.
Touka turning up to be such an interesting character over last few updates. For some reason, I thought her present would be a yellow car, which would trigger Sensei probably. Glad I was wrong.
Also, the narrator is a woman, apperanly. Sekai?

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Right.

Up until the most recent set of Yasu's scenes, i was under the assumption that Nozomu and HOPE were one and the same. But then Yasu started speaking in tongues, and the tone and voice are quite different from HOPE's, which makes me think that HOPE a demigod or successor or something, not actually Nozomu himself.
have you considered these entity's are all one in the same but different persona's... lots of religious christian overtones in this game referencing the trinity.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
have you considered these entititys are all one in the same but different persona's... lots of religious christian overtones in this game referencing he trinity.
A trinity is possible, and I've theorized about trinities in the past (the Maya/Long Maya/Moyo thing feels like one), but we're missing a third.

Unless, of course, Sensei is the third, which I guess is possible. It definitely feels like HOPE is trying to wake up something up within Sensei, so it would fit.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
A trinity is possible, and I've theorized about trinities in the past (the Maya/Long Maya/Moyo thing feels like one), but we're missing a third.

Unless, of course, Sensei is the third, which I guess is possible. It definitely feels like HOPE is trying to wake up something up within Sensei, so it would fit.
i'm going to stick with trinity idea, it meshes really well with my Id, Ego, Superego theories. that and add in all the visual representations that overlap with christian dogma for whatever reason, dead trees on hills with poetry on it, repeated uses of the cross, hands and birds been represented well haven't seen a crown yet.
all we need now is a triquetra showing up randomly, were there any in the church?

• Thinking Face

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
have you considered these entity's are all one in the same but different persona's... lots of religious christian overtones in this game referencing the trinity.
I don't think there's a need to go this far into metaphysics for the purpose of the discussion. It's better to treat them as separate entities, as they seemingly oppose each other and are distinctive enough from one another.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Do we? I feel like we've been introduced recently. The fumbling narrator that doesn't have his own season. He's a concerned god, while others two a callous and indifferent (that was the epithet used, i think). Also, 3 users.
We have been introduced to three gods - Nozomu, the God who fucked the world into existence, the God of Wires, whose roots grew into the world from his mother's basement, and a much less vocal third god, who tries to find patterns in the chaos or somesuch.

But if the first god is himself a trinity, as was suggested in the comment I was responding to, we have only met two of its faces -- the voice that speaks through Yasu (which is also the one that Sana met), and HOPE.

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
I don't think it is. After he did his purge, I still had access to public channels, but not subscriber channels. I had to link my Subscribestar account to get that back. So there is a non-subscriber role.

But after all the burned bridges, there may be some kind of vetting process to get on now.
ok when he burn it why did he do it? Mhh I normal do it when i dont want to get other into crossfire. Protect this people . but he is dev. so mhhh strange way to say it.... or not?

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
whose roots grew into the world from his mother's basement
I don't remember this part. Remember where it's from?
But if the first god is himself a trinity, as was suggested in the comment I was responding to, we have only met two of its faces -- the voice that speaks through Yasu (which is also the one that Sana met), and HOPE.
Gotcha, you meant, like, "physically" met?
I am pretty sure one of the narrators is Daisy.
How so? Also, I'm pretty sure her name is Himawari.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I don't remember this part. Remember where it's from?
The exact scene by name, no.

But when the God of Wires was introduced as concept, I remember there being a story about a man who shut himself into a dark room and watched the world through the internet, and he was in his chair so long he took root, and those roots grew into the world like wires. The "mother's basement" part might have been added by me because it's part of the otaku/gamer stereotype, and I mushed them together. My brain does stuff like that.

How so? Also, I'm pretty sure her name is Himawari.
That's a good option, actually. When she said her name was his favorite flower, I'd figured either Sakura (since he has talked about the cherry blossom shampoo she used more than once), but the fanbase had already been using Daisy for her name. The sunflower motif in some of the transition art would definitely support that name, though.

Sometimes when the narrator is speaking, the voice is almost identical to how she speaks to Sensei when they encounter one another.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
That's a good option, actually. When she said her name was his favorite flower, I'd figured either Sakura (since he has talked about the cherry blossom shampoo she used more than once)
That's was my exact train of thoughts.
Sometimes when the narrator is speaking, the voice is almost identical to how she speaks to Sensei when they encounter one another.
Need to re-watch to compare. But the reason I think one of narrators is Sekai is because from time to time, usually after big updates like this one, narrator starts going off in a really mentor tone, teaching us this and that. This has been the case since the very first beach update, it's even clearer at the end if this one. At first I thought it was Selebus breaking the forth wall, but there was a curious line at the end of this update, how the narrator is jealous of Yumi's chest. Ami's mother (as I'm still not convinced her name is Sekai) is, while bigger, of the similar delicate build and, since she was Sensei's Teacher, they might be a lot alike and it makes sense that sometimes it's hard to tell exactly when Sensei's narrations stops and her begins.

• Thinking Face

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Looking forward to what you theory guys make of this update, i saw a few codes and what read like disguised data drops in the narrator's philosophical musings. Sekai being... i dunno... reborn? With powers? Just another facet of Sensei's broken psyche asserting itself as he is slowly piecing himself together? As i've said many times, this shit is beyond my feeble mind, i rely on you guys to write shit about them that makes me go "oooooh... intredasting...".
I am now conceding the point that Sekai is actually her name after getting called out like that (just @ me next time Selebus, sheesh), even though we are told very explicitly not to take everything at face value and then given an obvious metaphor, so of COURSE us overthinkers are gonna chase that. Digressing.

Now we have a complication with regards to her appearance in this update, however, because we have an established character who can wear anyone's face. I'm not suggesting it was ONLY Doppelganger Flower Girl, but at any point in time, it COULD be. And i'm going to need to go through this a couple more times before I'm comfortable saying definitively whether or not Doppelganger Flower Girl was posing as Sekai at any given point during this update.

Sekai has the same power the angels do, apparently. That could be fun.

I am very interested to see if this means that Makoto and Futaba can now see the Angels the same way Sana can now.

I think we're getting very close to the end of Chapter 3, and I'm going to be spending the two months before the next update going back through the game to take better notes (I say that, I always forget to actually take them). I definitely need to pore over the game to note whenever I think Doppelganger Flower Girl is posing as someone, been wanting to do that ever since we got that reveal.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
That's was my exact train of thoughts.

Need to re-watch to compare. But the reason I think one of narrators is Sekai is because from time to time, usually after big updates like this one, narrator starts going off in a really mentor tone, teaching us this and that. This has been the case since the very first beach update, it's even clearer at the end if this one. At first I thought it was Selebus breaking the forth wall, but there was a curious line at the end of this update, how the narrator is jealous of Yumi's chest. Ami's mother (as I'm still not convinced her name is Sekai) is, while bigger, of the similar delicate build and, since she was Sensei's Teacher, they might be a lot alike and it makes sense that sometimes it's hard to tell exactly when Sensei's narrations stops and her begins.
I definitely agree that Sekai is the endgame narrator for this update. There's also the fact that narrator concludes her introduction to the Maya epilogue with "it's okay to cry, even if there's nothing to cry about" and then Ami says the exact same thing.

• Thinking Face
4.20 star(s) 299 Votes