Dc345

May 27, 2020
What if they are right though? xd
The Ami being dead and being a premonition/ghost is plausible. But if the Ami is Maya and Sensei's estranged daughter theory turns out to be true I will break into the nearest animal shelter, cover myself in peanut butter, have the the animals lick said peanut butter off my naked body record it and post on here.

DeanNorris

Aug 20, 2022
I've been so invested in renpy games I always get bamboozled whenever I play proper visual novel games with much more advanced programming

That is to say...Sel can't program for shit
To be fair to him, Sel is first and foremost a writer, this is clearly his strength and where his talent lies.
He doesn't need to know, or feel invested enough to pursue the knowledge of, how to incorporate more advanced mechanics into his game. Especially if that would be at the cost of the quality or timing of the updates.

That being said, his idea of engaging gameplay within the constraints of the Renpy engine is still pretty fucking dumb. I just attribute this to him being a chaotic genius of sorts, to put it mildly.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Been trying to pinpoint Sel's alt for the last couple of months, gonna lay the results here once I got it
Which one? ;)

I was in Harry Potter fandom (because of my kids, I swear!) back in the olden days of LiveJournal and such. Now, there was an online fandom! Huge and crazy, with factions and shipping wars and...

Into this lawless frontier there strode a fan named who created a whole army of sockpuppets that would argue with each other just to stir up shit and make her look good.* She was Munchausen's Syndrome personified. Of course, as a product of those prehistoric times, she didn't understand IP addresses, and so was eventually de-socked. In some ways, it was an audacious, creative act of online performance art. Mostly, it was first-class shit-disturbing.

Every time we get argy-bargy between relative newbies here, I raise a toast to MsScribe and her ever-expanding cast of characters. And then I wander on. Don't feed the trolls, etc.

* If you really want a fascinating, deep dive into this bizarre tale, check out . Jaw-dropping.

Why are you censoring your swearing? We're all playing a game about the cycle of child sexual abuse, i think we can handle a little swearing...
Heh. Old habits. This isn't the only place I fucking hang out, shithead. (And I mean that lovingly.) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Moonflare

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I've been so invested in renpy games I always get bamboozled whenever I play proper visual novel games with much more advanced programming

That is to say...Sel can't program for shit
Pretty sure he would agree with that statement. I'm pretty sure he's said the same thing about himself more than once on the Discord.

Reactions: Antosha

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
To be fair to him, Sel is first and foremost a writer, this is clearly his strength and where his talent lies.
He doesn't need to know, or feel invested enough to pursue the knowledge of, how to incorporate more advanced mechanics into his game. Especially if that would be at the cost of the quality or timing of the updates.

That being said, his idea of engaging gameplay within the constraints of the Renpy engine is still pretty fucking dumb. I just attribute this to him being a chaotic genius of sorts, to put it mildly.
He's a writer first, and an internet troll second. The reset puzzles aren't intended to be engaging gameplay. They're meant to make you suffer for his art.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
If anything, Ami's the one who never died
I can see that — that maybe the whole ever-rebooting "simulation" (including her mother's ghost and our weirdly inconsistent point-of-view character) is happening in her head.

I'll say again, though: I'm not sure they're not all dead. :shrug:

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
The magic of renpy is that you can make a good game with zero coding skills. Sel's code is a complete mess, yes
I actually have my own game but I abandoned it right before pandemic (cuz of college).
Although I'll probably never tell a soul its name lol I barely have any experience with game engines at that time.

Dec 18, 2020
The Ami being dead and being a premonition/ghost is plausible. But if the Ami is Maya and Sensei's estranged daughter theory turns out to be true I will break into the nearest animal shelter, cover myself in peanut butter, have the the animals lick said peanut butter off my naked body record it and post on here.
I will remember it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 306 Votes