barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
That scene is important because Yumi ends up thinking Maya is weird because she doesn't want to eat while being watched. However, later Yumi is bashful about eating in front of Sensei. Hypocrisy, or something deeper..........................?
Maya indicates she doesn't want to be watched while she is eating, period.

Yumi specifically doesn't want to be watched by Sensei in particular, because she finds him creepy. Nuance is a thing.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
What are the responses to Noriko's event I Really Want to Stay at Your House?
During the first playthrough, accepting that even if she was a crazy stalker chick, that was way too much. And start pitying the poor girl. On the second playthrough is just added tragedy after being traumatic since the first introduction. Noriko's whole thing is tragedy. Poor Noriko. And to top it all off, she might not even exist.
Maya indicates she doesn't want to be watched while she is eating, period.

Yumi specifically doesn't want to be watched by Sensei in particular, because she finds him creepy. Nuance is a thing.
I'll usually use my mealtime to catch up on videos or series, and I hate to be interrupted.

However, I absolutely adored to sit in a big table for meals with colleagues, and even for meeting new people.

As a wise man said, it depends.

-- from the "Duality of an Introvert's (?) Meal Experience", vol 2.

Reactions: Bingoogus

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
I wouldn't say Selebus is equating the two, but simply that they are both terrible things and people willing to sit through the Io stuff for one example with no problems and then saying they would uninstall if there was a Chinami scene is somewhat absurd from his perspective. Or that from his perspective, trying to maintain some kind of moral superiority in the face of evil by closing the door when a line is crossed after you already watched for countless hours is ridiculous. That sure there is a lesser evil but trying to argue that distinction in the direction of a justification is ridiculous. You either recognised that its mostly all fucked from the start. Or you were lying to yourself by saying it was all fine up until the moment you quit and your still a good boy because you quit the game after making a pointless arbitration of fictional evils so you don't have to feel bad in this happy game.

That's what I think he meant anyway. A happy face makes a happy place, please remember to smile.?.?.?
It probably wasn't worth continuing this line of discussion anyway, so feel free to ignore.

4.10 star(s) 307 Votes