Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
What's URM?
Seeing as this question and other things regarding the URM gets asked fairly often on here, I figured I may as well put together a FAQ post that may prove helpful that I can refer others to in the future:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Seeing as this question and other things regarding the URM gets asked fairly often on here, I figured I may as well put together a FAQ post that may prove helpful that I can refer others to in the future:

Wow that's insanely thorough and well written. Amazing job! I'd love for it to get pinned to the first post of the page.... But nobody reads that anyway

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Maya claims
that Noriko doesn't know what she's talking about,
that there was no molestation,
that she was the one that came onto him,
that their hands touched by accident,
that he thought for so long before giving in -
Speaking of which, I've always wondered whether what Noriko stated about "Maya being molested" in Taco Tuesday truly is pointing at Sensei's relation with wizard Maya. Objectively speaking, there is almost no doubt in that according to the entire context of that event; you know, the whole tutor room flashback, the lil conversation about handjobs, some kind of prying at Sensei x Wizard Maya from Noriko, etc.

It's just......this means Noriko is righteous enough to be willing to, years later, describe behaviors of a person she likes for as long as she could remember as "molesting", but is also love-drunk enough to keep loving the said molester even today. This is more or less OK considering how Noriko's personalities are established; I guess this is a gasp at how Noriko defies "love is blind".

What I am trying here instead is presenting a minor possibility that pins the statement "Maya being molested" even further back in time, to before Maya even met Sensei. In this update we got a confirmation about Maya's favorite place being a random vending machine somewhere near the halfway point between the home she had and the home she wanted. This resonates quite well with the little unknown story told in S.E.K.A.I., which is seemingly about "the fateful rendezvous of a runaway girl and a guy in front of vending machines".

I am not sure whether this vending machine is the exact same one which Maya Prime bought canned coffees for Sensei in early chapters, but that's besides the point. The point is IF this story REALLY is about Maya, then the proof of her being molested even further back in the past will be established by "She'd been previously exposed to the evils of man in the form of a distant relative", which could be what Noriko is referring to. Even if this isn't what Noriko is talking about due to the fact that Noriko might not have a way to know all this, but what she said might ring a different bell in Maya's head.
(in simpler sentences: Noriko still thinks Sensei molested wizard Maya, but Maya fires back with something else in mind, implying "Sensei was not molesting me; you don't fucking know the first thing about being molested)

Regardless, this remains a much minor possibility because 1) the little S.E.K.A.I. story has to be about Maya and not someone else, and 2) we have to ignore a good amount of subtexts in Taco Tuesday.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

matt_riochka

Jun 9, 2020

in URM bible we believe, praise be!

something I could think to add, even if the solutions to puzzles are added after a bit on the first page, is that any word to "guess" like in reset 4 is easily findable by taking a look at the rpy files where the event is stored

probably not very useful for old resets, but if anything similar to "guess the word!" comes back in the future, it's a good thing to know

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko
Feb 17, 2024
"She'd been previously exposed to the evils of man in the form of a distant relative", which could be what Noriko is referring to. Even if this isn't what Noriko is talking about due to the fact that Noriko might not have a way to know all this, but what she said might ring a different bell in Maya's head.
(in simpler sentences: Noriko still thinks Sensei molested wizard Maya, but Maya fires back, implying "he was not; you don't fucking know the first thing about being molested)
This reminded me of I finally understood, you were just as broken as me from sleepsong.mp3, was that Maya too?.

Reactions: fdsasdf_p

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
in URM bible we believe, praise be!

something I could think to add, even if the solutions to puzzles are added after a bit on the first page, is that any word to "guess" like in reset 4 is easily findable by taking a look at the rpy files where the event is stored

probably not very useful for old resets, but if anything similar to "guess the word!" comes back in the future, it's a good thing to know
Yeah, that’s how I solved the Reset Puzzles on my first playthrough. It definitely works!

That was before I even knew that URM was a thing. Very dark times…

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
This reminded me of I finally understood, you were just as broken as me from sleepsong.mp3, was that Maya too?.
yes. I'll add some of the quotes about Maya, mind you, only the first two are "confirmed" to be about her. The rest could be, but it's unclear.
Speaking of which, I've always wondered whether what Noriko stated about "Maya being molested" in Taco Tuesday truly is pointing at Sensei's relation with wizard Maya. Objectively speaking, there is almost no doubt in that according to the entire context of that event; you know, the whole tutor room flashback, the lil conversation about handjobs, some kind of prying at Sensei x Wizard Maya from Noriko, etc.

It's just......this means Noriko is righteous enough to be willing to, years later, describe behaviors of a person she likes for as long as she could remember as "molesting", but is also love-drunk enough to keep loving the said molester even today. This is more or less OK considering how Noriko's personalities are established; I guess this is a gasp at how Noriko defies "love is blind".

What I am trying here instead is presenting a minor possibility that pins the statement "Maya being molested" even further back in time, to before Maya even met Sensei. In this update we got a confirmation about Maya's favorite place being a random vending machine somewhere near the halfway point between the home she had and the home she wanted. This resonates quite well with the little unknown story told in S.E.K.A.I., which is seemingly about "the fateful rendezvous of a runaway girl and a guy in front of vending machines".

I am not sure whether this vending machine is the exact same one which Maya Prime bought canned coffees for Sensei in early chapters, but that's besides the point. The point is IF this story REALLY is about Maya, then the proof of her being molested even further back in the past will be established by "She'd been previously exposed to the evils of man in the form of a distant relative", which could be what Noriko is referring to. Even if this isn't what Noriko is talking about due to the fact that Noriko might not have a way to know all this, but what she said might ring a different bell in Maya's head.
(in simpler sentences: Noriko still thinks Sensei molested wizard Maya, but Maya fires back, implying "he was not; you don't fucking know the first thing about being molested)

Regardless, this remains a much minor possibility because 1) the little S.E.K.A.I. story has to be about Maya and not someone else, and 2) we have to ignore a good amount of subtexts in Taco Tuesday.

I wonder if Maya's family is even real, and that would create implications in both directions. First because it would mean Akira was the first one to molest her, and second because it would be hard to call it molestation if she was an actual god conjured up to serve that function.

On the route of Maya being human, I think that was the point of her words though, I agree. Noriko doesn't know anything because she's just calling what she had with Akira molestation, when the actual "worse" molestation happened to her before and she had to run away from home because of it. For Noriko to call someone that took her in and (potentially) resisted laying hands on her the same as the actual fucked up person that made her run away would be deeply insulting, and I can see why Maya would get mad.

Noriko's still right obviously, but I can see Maya's point.

Edit: added Maya quotes.

Last edited:
Reactions: fdsasdf_p
Feb 17, 2024
The rest could be, but it's unclear.
After the gods thing was made more explicit, I assumed that was just pareidolia. Mostly because of the bit that comes after number three, King of all kings, child of man, buried alive in the palm of my hands, which is also seen in Paper City.
I wonder if Maya's family is even real, and that would create implications in both directions.

Lux Perpetua

Oct 2, 2017
I personally really hope that all these theories about how some girls might turn out to be ephemeral higher beings or not exist at all don't become true. It kind of understates the tragedy of their story.

Reactions: matt_riochka

fasoaga

Jul 24, 2017
Sorry but this damn site doesn't let me upload images. (Probably because of the vpn i need using to access this site in the first place.)

In the chika event "Side Event" chika and sensei watch a tv show about 5 girls in a house that they are NOT AWARE THEY ARE BEING FILMED. And when sensei realises there is something in the ATTIC, chika's phone rings and had to go check chinami.

So this is upside down house and i didn't realise it was this early introduced in the game. But the question i wanna ask do we know who are these 5 girls.
Miu miyamara is one.
Kyoko, nodoka's mom is two.
Saki? Does she live in the upside down house?
Shiori? Sekai? they are children of the above characters after all.

And why attics in this game is so important that gods are ready to kill chinami to keep it's secrets?

4.10 star(s) 307 Votes