Lux Perpetua

Oct 2, 2017
Hands on shoulders (get yourself together!) or Hands around neck (why you little...!!!!)???
I would definitely say the picture shows a freaked out Maya and Ami calming her down..... Although I do wonder about the reasons why Maya is naked. I doubt it's about the threesome with Sensei, since he left the party before they even got there, and now he's in the middle of resetting the world

Reactions: crustlord12

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
As far as I remember, we haven't really learned too much about the other Senseis in loops before the start of the game (who were decisively not Akira, if Maya Prime was to be believed).
I am of the opinion that this is a misunderstanding of what Maya Prime explained. Every Akira was Akira, what she meant was that none of the previous Akiras could withstand learning about the past - thus none of them were "her" Akira. The very notion that they broke down upon learning the past is evidence that they were in fact Akira, otherwise they wouldn't meltdown upon revisiting memories of another person.

In that same token, every Maya, actually every character, is the real, and has been the real, person everytime. It's just that they're dragged from the person that was in the very beginning of the first cycle.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Okay, a few points about this picture. At the end of the last update Akira, Makoto, Ayane and Maya were thrown into a "timetravel" event. New Maya was with Ami during this, with the costume that she's wearing for the current halloween. This means that either this is happening as the reset goes on and Maya is "imagining" the timetravel, or that this takes place when she comes back.
Edit: tldr is that Maya is back from reset event to the current halloween party, which means that the reset either failed/is different or is yet to happen and we're back to 0.44.

Last edited:

flacc2pit

Sep 6, 2020
I am of the opinion that this is a misunderstanding of what Maya Prime explained. Every Akira was Akira, what she meant was that none of the previous Akiras could withstand learning about the past - thus none of them were "her" Akira. The very notion that they broke down upon learning the past is evidence that they were in fact Akira, otherwise they wouldn't meltdown upon revisiting memories of another person.
I find this much more engaging than the stated alternative, and as you go onto explain it does fit with what else we know. However, unless I am mistaken Maya Prime operated under the assumption that the previous Senseis were "fakes," not incomplete Akiras or Akiras who "break" when remembering certain things. Our current Akira is either able to contain / handle more memories than these older imperfect Akiras, or he is the one real Akira. Either way, something makes this Akira special, and Maya Prime responds to this uniqueness.

After hearing Paredolia's lies this update, I am very interested in the specifics of segment 1 to n-1 on your timeline, n being our current Akira. Either gods were taking turns with different Akiras, leading these Akiras to break as Maya Prime is unable to change their fate no matter what she does, or entities that are "not Akira" failed to persist whenever Sensei encounters aspects of his past. The former fits best with the more recent developments in our understanding of things, but the latter raises questions that have yet to be addressed, even after this years relatively illuminating developments / confirmations regarding the setting. Why our Akira is "special" also changes based on the specifics of the looping pre Chapter 1 Senseis. If the former is true, after much trial and error from different gods taking over, our Akira is the latest and greatest model, able to withstand influences the past Akiras couldn't, becoming a proper vessel. If the latter is true, than our Akira is simply the real Akira --but what the real Akira was up to while the "not Akiras" were running things is left unknown.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I find this much more engaging than the stated alternative, and as you go onto explain it does fit with what else we know. However, unless I am mistaken Maya Prime operated under the assumption that the previous Senseis were "fakes," not incomplete Akiras or Akiras who "break" when remembering certain things. Our current Akira is either able to contain / handle more memories than these older imperfect Akiras, or he is the one real Akira. Either way, something makes this Akira special, and Maya Prime responds to this uniqueness.

After hearing Paredolia's lies this update, I am very interested in the specifics of segment 1 to n-1 on your timeline, n being our current Akira. Either gods were taking turns with different Akiras, leading these Akiras to break as Maya Prime is unable to change their fate no matter what she does, or entities that are "not Akira" failed to persist whenever Sensei encounters aspects of his past. The former fits best with the more recent developments in our understanding of things, but the latter raises questions that have yet to be addressed, even after this years relatively illuminating developments / confirmations regarding the setting. Why our Akira is "special" also changes based on the specifics of the looping pre Chapter 1 Senseis. If the former is true, after much trial and error from different gods taking over, our Akira is the latest and greatest model, able to withstand influences the past Akiras couldn't, becoming a proper vessel. If the latter is true, than our Akira is simply the real Akira --but what the real Akira was up to while the "not Akiras" were running things is left unknown.
Yes, unfortunately, there are so many loose threads regarding Akira that anything is tenuous at best.
It's frustrating that we can only talk of the likehood of these scenarios because even the most doubtful will still have some evidence behind it.

Last edited:

FireCazador

May 22, 2020
Definitely something im glat to read again and remember xd

Also something that has been unresolved

Edit: Fuck, i forgot Despacito

Edit 2: Uuhh i think this shouldnt happen here xd

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024
I get the feeling the <n Akiras were, as was said in other comments, the other gods hitching a ride, and they were both seen through by Maya and unable to resist the memories from the real Akira, breaking down as a result. Our current one was on track to that too, since his body was following the path of breaking that it had been following before, but got saved from walking to the static on that one pre-Room With Clocks event, which I assume was the point where most of the other fakes broke down.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018

In that same token, every Maya, actually every character, is the real, and has been the real, person everytime. It's just that they're dragged from the person that was in the very beginning of the first cycle.

Okay, a few points about this picture. At the end of the last update Akira, Makoto, Ayane and Maya were thrown into a "timetravel" event. New Maya was with Ami during this, with the costume that she's wearing for the current halloween. This means that either this is happening as the reset goes on and Maya is "imagining" the timetravel, or that this takes place when she comes back.
Edit: tldr is that Maya is back from reset event to the current halloween party, which means that the reset either failed/is different or is yet to happen and we're back to 0.44.
So… if we can go back and change the past… does that actually open up the possibility of a real redemption arc?

Or will it just be time paradox kind-fuckery, where you think you’re making things better, but they just get worse? :unsure:
We don't need no thread control
Oh, nicely done! :ROFLMAO:

“No dark sarcasm in the clock room… Hey! Sensei! Leave those kids alone!”

Yes, unfortunately, there are so many loose threads regarding Akira that anything is tenuous at best.
It's frustrating that we can only talk of the likehood of these scenarios because even the most doubtful will still have some evidence behind it.
Hmm. Well, we’re all the gods and monsters of our own dreams.

I wonder if Akira’s starry, starry eyes turning with that in any way.

• Haha
Reactions: Riolol
4.10 star(s) 307 Votes