DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Now, to wait for Maya to join in on the streaming:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I can also see Sana joining Ami and Maya, tbh:
I wonder how Ayane would take this?
Well she was in the chat and she didn't take to kindly to it

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Well she was in the chat and she didn't take to kindly to it
"NO
BAD
STOP"x2 (x3 if Sana joins)

In retrospect, Ami and Maya working together, may be one of Ayane's worst fears:
Besides Sensei just using and forgetting her, which is probably number 1 on her worst outcome list.

PrincessEuphy

Nov 22, 2021
Yeah they were a real oddball about being super clinical with their manner of text/tone. Surprising lack of kino spam here so maybe I'm mistaken? But I'm a God so that's not possible. They left me a very nice review on VNDB. But no one else for almost 3 years has ever mentioned the Talos Principle 2 there so it bothered me. Irrelevant as they played to current patch then dipped.
WTF how could you expose my so protectively hidden secret identity like this sillybus? Now everyone knows I'm a random guy. We're fucking done. I'm leaving the inchworm sanctuary and never defending your creepy self-insert game again

(Edit: Reading through old posts I see tracking discord users on F95 to ban them is a whole thing, huh? Is that why you said "Irrelevant?" That's funny. Fear not, I'm a loyal subscriber and just here to post about LiL, although I wanted to post in a place you weren't so if you're active in this thread there's no point. Oh well.)

Last edited:

DeanNoriko

Formerly 'DeanNorris'
Aug 20, 2022
I also have that problem because I tend to save many scenes that I find memorable, so the save screen also works as a throwback gallery. That's a lot of saves though, I'm only in the 100s pages.
For anyone who might be unaware, pressing the "s" key at any time will create a screenshot and save it in the LiL folder.
Though I still understand the notion of saving the "moment" and keeping the scene for a potential review.

Personally, I have started using the screenshot function more and relying on the in-game event replays, which slowed down my save count accumulation drastically. Or at least I'm nowhere near 900 :KEK:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
When are the cheapies like me going to get access to 0.44?
The obvious answer is "right now, on page 1 of this thread" but if you're trying to be respectful to the dev (trust me, he has no interest in being respectful back to you, even if you're paying him) and waiting for the release to be official, that usually happens some time on the 15th, so "some time today if he feels like it, soon(tm) if he's being a salty bitch again"

Reactions: crustlord12
Feb 24, 2021
The obvious answer is "right now, on page 1 of this thread" but if you're trying to be respectful to the dev (trust me, he has no interest in being respectful back to you, even if you're paying him) and waiting for the release to be official, that usually happens some time on the 15th, so "some time today if he feels like it, soon(tm) if he's being a salty bitch again"

Lol, there was that one reset where he made it quite clear how much he doesn't like us. But also, I'm not super duper familiar with this board so I was under the impression that piracy wasn't promoted here. So thanks for informing me, because I legitimately didn't know 0.44 was available here.

Jun 1, 2022
From thoughts on grinding, event triggers, sensei quest etc...

Selebus knows everyone, who went beyond room with clocks are just using wiki, guide, urm to bypass the grind. So about making player feel the uncomfortable loneliness sensei feels, i don't think sel was going for that.

Sel is a "Turkish Ice Cream Man". You pay for ice cream and he gives you the ice cream. But it's not so easy because he uses different tricks to confuse you so you can't just grab it. You have to work for it. It is part of the experience.

And Sel is an amazing ice cream maker, but the problem is he is talentless on all the other aspects. he doesn't have the sleight of hands to to make confusing tricks that outsmart you so that you can't grab the ice cream. So what does he do? He just put the ice cream on the stick and put it on the air where you cant reach it and swinging it. Sure you can't grab it just like the other Turkish Ice Cream vendors but it just isn't the same. You just wait there checking your phone while waiting for selebus arms to tire out and had to put it down.(This is the metaphor for urm, guide etc...)

Sure there was an attempt but neither side was involved in this experience.

He knows how off putting it all is, but still does it. And he can partly get away with it because he knows his turkish ice cream is much better than those italian ice cream or brand cornettos. Sure his product have terrible wrappers, soft and wet cones, his vendor smells like shit. But he has the best ice cream around here. And he enjoys this.

TLDR:
He is the kid who proudly says "i didn't study at all but still got the A- on math test." But he is trying to be a mechanical engineer.
Or Sel is a talented writer but a talentless artist, because his art is a sandbox game not a book or visual novel.
sorry but in what world LiL isn't a vn?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Lol, there was that one reset where he made it quite clear how much he doesn't like us. But also, I'm not super duper familiar with this board so I was under the impression that piracy wasn't promoted here. So thanks for informing me, because I legitimately didn't know 0.44 was available here.
Oh, he's made it crystal clear that he holds EVERYONE who plays this game in contempt. He just has additional contempt to spare for those of us who use this site.

While there's a whole "we frown on piracy" vibe on some threads, assume they're winking at you when they say it. Devs may hate it, but most of the games here are here despite the devs, not because of them.

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
You know, I used to actually wait for the public release simply because the wiki was usually updated by then, even at times when I was subbed I used to wait, unless it was a big chain event update. But I guess there was less chain events in general back then so maybe it was more annoying, or I was less used to the event trigger patterns. But then the wiki stopped updating so I just went back to playing on the SubscribeStar release.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Oh, he's made it crystal clear that he holds EVERYONE who plays this game in contempt. He just has additional contempt to spare for those of us who use this site.

While there's a whole "we frown on piracy" vibe on some threads, assume they're winking at you when they say it. Devs may hate it, but most of the games here are here despite the devs, not because of them.
When devs a) are regular and transparent with their update schedule, b) have a predictable period between releasing the premium/backers/superduper version and the freebie, and c) generally deal with players in a gracious and/or professional manner, I’m happy to respect embargoes.

Selebus covers a) and b), but (after about 2021) definitely not c).

Furthermore, in the past 30 years I’ve spent a grand total of $0.00 on video games. I expect my expenditures this year to be in line with that trend.* So I’m not costing any game dev a dime by downloading here.

*I’ve spent lots on other forms of entertainment. More than I probably should have. But games? Nah. I’m old. ;-)

ETA: I’ve said this before: I’ve made my living my whole adult life off the sale of copyright-protected work. I don’t like piracy.

I also recognize that most pirates will never become paying customers — and that grey-market sites like this provide invaluable a real opportunity for testing, for marketing, and for building a following.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2023
Sel really milked this game from the first day I stepped into college to the day I finally became a corpo slave
Every work deserves a payment and if it is a good work then it deserves a good monetary reward. Dont really understand some people desire to shun or sarcastically comment on Sel financial success. Pirates of all people should never be allowed to do such thing anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
4.10 star(s) 307 Votes