gremmie

Jun 4, 2017
Wow. Beneath the creepy stereotyping lurks a poorly written story -_-
It's a generic sekihara plot in blackface
I thought it might be crazy and kinda hot but I was fooled by the pictures

Last edited:

Ronraydan

Jul 16, 2019
hmn im missing something e.e'' i dint manage to get out of the black screen runing it on lutris
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

John573

Dec 16, 2017
The could be due to while extracting the archive the locale was not to Japanese so you'll need to extract using Japanese locale environment. In short use locale emulator on the extracting application like winrar or 7z then extract.
I did use 7 zip as the method to unzip the file. I am on Windows 11 could that cause an issue as the download link shows only up to windows 10.

AMRFTY

Jun 28, 2023
I did use 7 zip as the method to unzip the file. I am on Windows 11 could that cause an issue as the download link shows only up to windows 10.
I am on windows 11 with a US local language set and it worked for me fine. Try using windows explorer instead of7zip perhaps?And make sure Windows Defender isn't ruining things.

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
But we get the husband's POV too, so who cares anyways...
Husband's POV is just one of the ending sequence which is basically 5% or perhaps even less than that, rest of the game is in female POV but you're right, considering this one's a short KN most people won't care I guess.

tonyQ46

Dec 26, 2018
So, disregarding all the possible "engaging" discussions this work can bring, I just have one question that has been on my mind ever since I saw the artists works. Is it possible to even get this dark IRL through tanning? I'm genuinely curious.

• Haha
Reactions: AMRFTY

MachineWashed

Jun 22, 2020
Why does tan equals slut on Japanese culture?
As people in this thread have stated, much of the dark skin=slut trope comes from stereotypes regarding gyaru culture and dark-skinned foreigners in Japan.

Part of it may also come from racism towards the indigenous peoples that inhabited the islands surrounding Japan before colonization from the mainland, as both the indigenous Ainu people and native Okinawans had darker skin than Japanese people who trace their ancestry back to what is now China.

In terms of this game specifically, the dev's probably racist, and definitely misunderstands how fake tans work LOL.

druski789

Jun 13, 2023
Oh boy, I didn't realize racism (specifically, really bad stereotypes) was a fetish. guess you learn something new every day...god I do not like this.

sobekobra

Nov 14, 2017
Thanks for explaining this. I didn't want to pull this into a skin color/race debate, but I would like to understand the ways in which these tropes work better. Usually Japanese cartoon culture exaggerates things as a communication style - so it might be an unlucky exaggeration from a stereotype the Japanese like to use in order to signal the person is nothing like the culture and style of the Japanse.
Basically this particular VN is using the darkening skin, blond hair, and tribal tattoos as a shorthand for how corrupt the character is much like how a character might grow wings and turn purple as they become more corrupt into a demon. Black is still a real skin color and can maintain the illusion of realism better than turning purple would. The black man is an antagonist in this case because the plot needs him to be, but really his skin color doesn't matter that much. The important part is that he is from a foreign tribal culture with made up customs and that the diligent Japanese housewife is exposed to said big dick third party that corrupts her morally. Her figure and appearance changes to match her corruption.

Like you said it's largely to signal how completely foreign and different a character is. Off the top of my head Marina from Splatoon is a good example where she has a very dark skin tone and a comparatively curvy figure to sell the fact that she is an outsider. Being black is simply the most striking visual difference you can generally make that is constrained within realism.

Reactions: AMRFTY