jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I loved Lexi, loved the renders and thought the creator was awesome, so it was sad to see him pass. With that said, all I gotta say is to the individual taking the reigns, if you really want to go through with this, the best option sadly would be to start over by using the general idea, but tweaking things to what you feel would work better since being constrained with someone elses idea could make it a lot harder to truly get the game going the way you want. This would also mean a rewrite of the characters and personalities that you feel you could work with since each creator has their own idea and style that may not fit others.
I agree with this as a general game-plan. It's similar to what I've posted previously.

- Simplify the story. I'd ditch the religious cult stuff. We really have no clue where that was headed. Stick to the bodyguard storyline as the main plot with the wife and her friend as side plots.

- Eliminate non-major characters. ( I feel really bad that I can't remember the names) but Lexi, her sister, her mom, the wife and the wifes friend. That's all. And MC's daughter, obviously. You can have the husband/Lexi's dad as a plot character, but rewrite him to be a generally poor father, not a cult leader or whatever he is.

- No animations. They're complicated to learn and expensive to pay for.

- Not many routes. The main LI's get a route, and maybe combined routes if it makes sense.

Now, for a new plot. Just quickly brainstorming some general ideas here.

- We know that Lexi's sister ( again, forgot the name ) doesn't like her dad. Why is that? He has abused her, that's why. Lexi and the mom do not know about it.
- We know Lexi has a stalker. Who could it be? Well, let's overlap paths here and say... it's her dad. Yep, along with abusing one daughter he is stalking the other.
- We know the mom is unhappy. Why is that? Let's combine all the family paths here. It's because her husband doesn't treat her well. He doesn't show any attention to her. She feels lonely and unloved, she is depressed. Her husband isn't attracted to her... he like...younger girls.
- So, why is the dad such a scum bag? Simple, he is a pervert who preys on young girls. He has these sexual fantasies that he can't control. Sort of like a lot of sexually motivated serial killers...but he hasn't killed...yet.
- We know MC and his wife get separated, and she is a drug addict. Why did they break up? Simple, drugs. Why is she on drugs? You guessed it, it's the story's anti-hero popping up again. Lexi's daddy is her dealer. He got her hooked on drugs so he can manipulate her to keep tabs on MC. The obstacle in the way of him having Lexi all to himself.
- We know the wife's friend has a crush on MC. She either takes advantage of their split and takes him for herself, or helps MC save her. Potential 3-way relationship here.
- MC's daughter is there for cuteness and a devise to bring MC and mom together again.

Paths:

Lexi Solo
Lexi + Sis
Sis solo
Lexi's Mom
MC's Wife
MC's Wife + Friend
MC's friend

Bam. There is your game. Fairly close-ish to the "canon" plot yet simpler and easier to follow while still being very interesting. It starts in darkness, and ends in the light. Just like Chatterbox :cry:

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
gamersglory or any Dev, its time to close this thread. We now know this game is "on hold" for a very long time while the dev gets himself together and conformable with the idea that this is his game now. So please lock this thread and when the game is ready he can open a new one.
do that
I would close it but I'm not an Admin have no power to

I wish you the very best gamersglory and really going to miss this game.

Chatterbox thank you for giving us a great game, you are truly missed. Rest in Peace

I would close it but I'm not an Admin have no power to do that

gamersglory Honestly, either just make the best version you can with the team you can find or leave it completely and we remember Lexi as Chatz made it.

Trying to make Lexi as Chatz did is impossible, there was only one of him. Make it the way you see it and lets carry on from there or as I said, if that is not what you want then rather let it lie with how Chatz did it so long ago and make something new.
I know I can't do it as Chatt would. More than likely when I do it will be a soft reboot of some type the overall story was planned out. got the modals and everything so would update them to newer Graphics as Chatt always wanted to keep the models up to date

Saitama_sama

Mar 5, 2021
Good luck with your future endevours, either in rebooting Lexi at a later date whenever your ready, or with a future project. Its a shame in so many ways this has ended up this way. Loosing the original creator is very sad because of the great stuff he did, but also very sad to loose what was happening here with Lexi. It was one of the games I always looked for each day, along with Being A Dik, Hillside, Holiday Island, and a few others.
I really liked your recommendations ,
can you recommend me some more .

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
I'd also add space aliens to spice up the plot a bit. Roughly going something like this:
Sinister aliens from a planet called Quetzl invade Earth, in desperate search for cure for their genetic infertility.
Turns out: Lexi is the "cure". USA strikes a deal to save the planet, in exchange for handing over Lexi.
MC, being a top notch bodyguard and everything, comes to the rescue and knocks out the grey bastards. Together they escape, hunted by aliens and humans alike, having lots and lots of sex along the way.
Luckily, MC's former friend from Pentagon, reveals to them location of alien's hidden base on Earth. They skillfully infiltrate the base, and steal one of their ships. Then they fly together to Quetzl, evading alien patrols and the like, find the Mothercore ( their main energy source/whatnot), and blow it to bits.
MC and Lexi return to Earth as heroes, and then get married soon afterwards.
The end. :D

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cib64 and Hadgar

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I'd also add space aliens to spice up the plot a bit. Roughly going something like this:
Sinister aliens from a planet called Quetzl invade Earth, in desperate search for cure for their genetic infertility.
Turns out: Lexi is the "cure". USA strikes a deal to save the planet, in exchange for handing over Lexi.
MC, being a top notch bodyguard and everything, comes to the rescue and knocks out the grey bastards. Together they escape, hunted by aliens and humans alike, having lots and lots of sex along the way.
Luckily, MC's former friend from Pentagon, reveals to them location of alien's hidden base on Earth. They skillfully infiltrate the base, and steal one of their ships. Then they fly together to Quetzl, evading alien patrols and the like, find the Mothercore ( their main energy source/whatnot), and blow it to bits.
MC and Lexi return to Earth as heroes, and then get married soon afterwards.
The end. :D
are the MC and Lexi played by Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum in this reboot of yours?

bf90rono

Mar 11, 2020
FECK...why did i try a abandoned game...now i need more.
Damnit, got to invested in the story and characters.
Hopefully the abandon tag gets removed in the NEAR future!

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
FECK...why did i try a abandoned game...now i need more.
Damnit, got to invested in the story and characters.
Hopefully the abandon tag gets removed in the NEAR future!
You should read some posts before this... the Dev is sadly passed away, in case you developed a cure for human mortality and can raise the dead, i would say there is a chance that this game will continue. If not... not gonna happen.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
5$ says i can fap to that as well as the games as it is now..
I swear, this game is like the Poltergeist of VNs, destined to plague whatever devs work on it. The amount of absolute shite the devs of this game have had to wade through is just crazy (with the ultimate middle finger by the game thrown at Chatterbox with his extremely sad death). I feel bad for everyone that's been on the team in the past (well, except for that douchebag who got religion and destroyed crap-tons of assets that weren't even his to destroy in the first place). I'm honestly a bit surprised we have as much of the game right now as we do.

I would love to see Gamers Glory (the dev to whom ownership passed after Chatter died) continue, but he also has been shafted with flaky team members who can't seem to commit to the game but who go radio silent and/or change their minds after a bit of time instead of just being up front that they won't be able to commit like he wanted. It's really kind of a cursed game, it seems. :(

Cee27

Apr 26, 2020
I really miss this game, I went through a lot of shit since late 2018s and early 2019s, this was one of the games that helped me cope up being a troubled teen. I was 18/19 at the time, I don't wanna share a lot but my life was harder than probably 50% of teenagers at the time. And it helped me go through the day, just reading VNs. It sucks because I'm going through a lot again.

To Chatterbox,
Man, I hope you rest well and thank you for everything. It might not seem like it, but this Novel was a part of what saved me and survive. It means a lot to me, and for that I would forever be grateful. Wherever you are brother, I hope you find peace as you gave me peace. Rest in Peace brother.

4.70 star(s) 52 Votes