RPGM None Lico's Mysterious Errand [RJ352933] [Cotton Candy]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
Changelogs

Ver1.21
Fixed a bug that "Cat Maid Brim" disappears after being possessed and prostituted.

Ver1.20
5 new dress-up items (12 items including different colors) and 1 new non-erotic CG are added.
Fixed other bugs.

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
I made decent progress on a translation but so far I've encountered nothing but technical errors due to the complexity of scripts used. At this point I've just given up. Translator++ isn't robust enough to load in all text data I need to translate so I end up manually searching for strings in the JSON files anyways. My last attempt was to just decrypt the assets and load it in the editor, which I managed to do. But, running the game via the editor gives me a lovely syntax error despite the executable still running just fine.

Whatever, if someone can provide me a project folder of this game running in the editor I'll do a full translation.

Here's the latest version:
Well guess what i and that other dude (noodle something, was his name) did... the same. Translating pictures, translating dialogue and all other stuff, manually editing scripts when needed. V1.07 was translated from start to finish, just some unpolished stuff, battle fuck and sexual status (Lico always kept her virgin status) was broken, but everything else worked without crashing or soft-locking the game.

People are unthankful. So save your time and don't translate.

Reactions: Awarden

Szarala

Nov 6, 2018
Well guess what i and that other dude (noodle something, was his name) did... the same. Translating pictures, translating dialogue and all other stuff, manually editing scripts when needed. V1.07 was translated from start to finish, just some unpolished stuff, battle fuck and sexual status (Lico always kept her virgin status) was broken, but everything else worked without crashing or soft-locking the game.

People are unthankful. So save your time and don't translate.
"Hey, we finished renovating your house. The plumbing backs up now and the electricity occasionally flickers when they didn't before, but the house isn't collapsing! Why aren't you more grateful?"

I was sympathetic to your frustrations, as mentioned in my previous post, even as you deleted all your links and "quit the site", but now you're actively discouraging others from giving it a shot.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
My last attempt was to just decrypt the assets and load it in the editor, which I managed to do. But, running the game via the editor gives me a lovely syntax error despite the executable still running just fine.

Whatever, if someone can provide me a project folder of this game running in the editor I'll do a full translation.
Did you also decrypt the audio files? RPGM also threw up an error for me if I tried to run the game via the editor with only the images decrypted. (v1.21) with images and audio decrypted; the rar is much larger than normal since I left the encrypted files in. If you run the game via the editor be sure to hit F1 to turn off Rapid Mode. Oh, also, I made Lico start at level 24 to make sure the game didn't explode as soon as you changed anything in RPGM (I've seen it happen) and forgot to change it back. I only sped through the tutorial though, so things may still explode later.

Reactions: Blake639

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
"Hey, we finished renovating your house. The plumbing backs up now and the electricity occasionally flickers when they didn't before, but the house isn't collapsing! Why aren't you more grateful?"

I was sympathetic to your frustrations, as mentioned in my previous post, even as you deleted all your links and "quit the site", but now you're actively discouraging others from giving it a shot.
Yeah well, you see... i read that people have problem "decrypting" the game from start, so why should they try to translate it when they even can't get the first step right. Translator++ works well with this game, the scripts you have to edit manually of course and the images too.

But it seems getting an up-to-date TL++ is too hard for some people.

WhiteLord96

Feb 8, 2022
Making progress on the translation. Currently just doing a single part of each feature in the game to make sure it all still works before I proceed (which it is). Most of the text on the status page is part of the images, was pretty fun learning how to do it :)
Nice work I would do extra tests though to be sure though, as the problem with he orginal translation is that the methods used ended up breaking some features.

ZombieBoss

Jun 3, 2018
Title: Lico's Mysterious Errand
alt: リコの不思議なお使い
Link: ,
Genre: Female Protagonist, Dress Up, Loli, Fantasy, Voiced
Release Date: March/10/2022
File Size: 850.75MB
Summary(DeepL):
Easy-to-play, action-packed, stand-up erotic main RPG!
The main character is Riko, a maid who appeared in "Seidy and the Forests of the Ancient World".
It is not a sequel, and there is no direct story connection, so you can enjoy this work by itself.

46 standing sex scenes (14 basic standing poses) / 18 CG sex scenes (11 basic scenes) / 73 dress-up items
Virginity Clear: Possible (no bonus)
View attachment 1695862 View attachment 1695866 View attachment 1695867 View attachment 1695868
View attachment 1695869 View attachment 1695872 View attachment 1695873 View attachment 1695875
Link to Untranslated Games:

Pwd: AzuNyanMoeChan
this file supposedly has a win32 trojan, wondering if it's legit or just windows protection being windows protection

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
Nice work I would do extra tests though to be sure though, as the problem with he orginal translation is that the methods used ended up breaking some features.
That was the case in v1.07! Seems v1.21 fixed or updated some scripts - there is a chance that now nothing will break some features like battle fuck, sex stats, ...

Reactions: KarylSummer

Awarden

Nov 26, 2018
Just thought I'd give a little update.
Translation is going fine, all that's really left to do are the long story-based conversations and moans/small text during sex scenes.

I had to change the font as the fonts added specifically for this game print Japanese characters just fine but don't do the same with English characters. The popup message script that calculates the size of the popup window ends up making it too small. This is because, for whatever cursed reason, there is a slight pixel difference in the kerning of English characters when the script prints the characters one by one like a little animation as apposed to printing it in one go. This causes overlays and missing words. All fixed now. Just expect a different font :)

The script which handles the logging system was a nightmare to toy with. Works now as well :)

1.png

2.png

Overdunker

Feb 27, 2022
Just thought I'd give a little update.
Translation is going fine, all that's really left to do are the long story-based conversations and moans/small text during sex scenes.

I had to change the font as the fonts added specifically for this game print Japanese characters just fine but don't do the same with English characters. The popup message script that calculates the size of the popup window ends up making it too small. This is because, for whatever cursed reason, there is a slight pixel difference in the kerning of English characters when the script prints the characters one by one like a little animation as apposed to printing it in one go. This causes overlays and missing words. All fixed now. Just expect a different font :)

The script which handles the logging system was a nightmare to toy with. Works now as well :)

View attachment 2516981

View attachment 2516982
So how do you actually translate or mod an RPG Maker game?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
So how do you actually translate or mod an RPG Maker game?
Generally, . It handles all the back end.

If you have RPG Maker, you can also just load someone else's game as a project into it, and translate or mod it manually in RPGM.

If you want to do it yourself, RPGM games come with unencrypted JSON files that contain all the information about the game. You would need to go in and figure out a way to either pull out the important text and translate it, or translate it yourself manually.

Awarden

Nov 26, 2018
Due to a lot of issues unique to this game, I am modding it directly from RPG Maker MZ.
Its pretty straight forward, you just need to know Japanese. Simply replace all Japanese "visual" text with English translation. Leave variables alone unless you need to.
You need to be careful though, unless you are aware how each script works you need to take translation bite by bite or things will just fall apart with no rhyme or reason.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote