RPGM None Lico's Mysterious Errand [RJ352933] [Cotton Candy]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Tried MTL ing 1.07 manually by going through json files one by one (what a pain) with vscode. IDK if it's bad idea, but I still refuse to use Translator++ because of it's monetization, no offense for the author.

I think most of items equip and state are english MTL ed,
but world menus, dialouges, teleport, map place & many more still not translated & not polished.

Since I don't know if somebody want to continue or doing merge request, here's my current progress.
I might continue if I get my motivation back & free time, but not for now since I need to catch up a certain popular online anime game I played.

Comparison of current mtl:
You'd be better off learning Python (How to Automate the Boring Stuff by Al Sweigert will teach you everything you need, give me a shout and I can share my DeepL hook) than translating by hand. In my experience (started Goblin Burrow manually like you're doing) it would take less time to learn Python from 0 and write scripts than the copy-pasting from the file into a browser for MTL and back alone. The sheer size of the files makes it impractical to do manually. Not to mention missing entries, etc.

TheLoliRealm

Jan 4, 2022
Enjoy editing all the scripts and running into errors, then find a way to fix them and be happy and relieved, then post your almost 100% the best you could do translation here to get it "on hold" because of some tiny missing features ;)

As said, i quitted translating games, it's a unthankful job (if not paid!).
If your done with the translation and done with f95 then why do you keep popping back up whenever someone new takes over the translation and complaining about shit that, by your account, you've moved from?

If your done, that's fine. But it kinda seems like your just looking for excuses to keep bitching at this point.

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
If your done with the translation and done with f95 then why do you keep popping back up whenever someone new takes over the translation and complaining about shit that, by your account, you've moved from?

If your done, that's fine. But it kinda seems like your just looking for excuses to keep bitching at this point.
I don't fucking care :D Thats why. It's entertaining.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Tried MTL ing 1.07 manually by going through json files one by one (what a pain) with vscode. IDK if it's bad idea, but I still refuse to use Translator++ because of it's monetization, no offense for the author.
Editing scripts that don't need to be touched is a terrible idea. most the scripts don't need to be touched unless they are outputting text to the game that the player sees; such as plugins managing variables for the UI and things like achievement plugins and H status plugins. A good rule of thumb is to only touch the parts of the game files that the Player sees. That is easier to do when you being to understand what the plugins and code in the plugins are doing in the game.

Also I commend you for not using T++. It is an overrated piece of shit. I wish more people put in the effort to translate a game manually instead of pulling the old "press enter to batch translate" the game.

Reactions: kadeko and Blake639

anon1010

Jul 8, 2019
Seems like this game is having a rough time to say the least, i downloaded the game elsewhere that someone had re-uploaded the original translation and since i usually tend to do virgin runs in games I didn't even really experience anything bad my entire first playthrough and have even gotten the 30 achievements needed for all the bonus items. it was only on my second playthrough that i noticed all the issues with the lewd stats and virginity. I really hope that this game does get fixed at some point so goodluck to those of you translating this ill be cheering you on and waiting patiently.(y)

Also For those of you curious like i was, no you don't get anything for beating the game as a virgin but it does seem like there's different endings depending on how corrupt you are which might mean there's only one ending available right now considering the game improperly tracks lewd stats, and yes there is a new game plus reward that lets you freely apply lewd status effects onto yourself at anytime so that's a nice bonus in my eyes.

Szarala

Nov 6, 2018
I understand Spermasahne's frustration. A lot of work went into the translation and the game is playable start to finish, so for the translation to be delisted must seem like a slap in the face.

That said, I have to agree with the delisting. The things that are broken are kind of dealbreakers, particularly for the type of game this is.

It's like taking a car to the mechanic for an engine problem. The engine is fixed and the car runs now, but in the process the A/C and the radio are now out. Sure, it'll get you to work no problem, but you're probably not going to enjoy the drive.

I truly hope this gets a fully working translation. I applaud the efforts of those trying and wish I had talents here I could lend.

xellos616

May 5, 2020
And you can examples of errors due to which it was removed. I thought it's only here because of the age restrictions delete.

Blake639

Aug 5, 2018
So the developer rose from the dead yesterday and brought with them a 1.10 update that adds more clothes and 1 cg scene for Cyan I believe. Cotton Candy had apparently been busy and not feeling well but is now healthy and motivated to work on the game again so more updates should be coming soon.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote