RPGM None Lico's Mysterious Errand [RJ352933] [Cotton Candy]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Overdunker

Feb 27, 2022
Generally, . It handles all the back end.

If you have RPG Maker, you can also just load someone else's game as a project into it, and translate or mod it manually in RPGM.

If you want to do it yourself, RPGM games come with unencrypted JSON files that contain all the information about the game. You would need to go in and figure out a way to either pull out the important text and translate it, or translate it yourself manually.
I expected it to be a lot harder than just editing the JSONs frankly. Is there somewhere to get RPGM for free?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I expected it to be a lot harder than just editing the JSONs frankly. Is there somewhere to get RPGM for free?
Yeah, RPGM is pretty good for that. You can do a lot with just the JSONs and enough knowledge about coding.

Also, Pirate Bay.

Awarden

Nov 26, 2018
I found editing the JSONs directly difficult to keep track of progress.

RPGM is super simple to use. Especially if you're manually changing text values and positions within the game like I am to prevent overflows. I even changed the game front as the current font's kerning is broken with English characters. All stuff you can do with manual JSON editing, but why would you make things more complicated then it needs to be? I literally just pressed a button in RPGM to fix this issue.

Also, make sure you use version control. Without GIT, I would of dropped this project already with some mistakes I've made.....

Overdunker

Feb 27, 2022
Yeah, RPGM is pretty good for that. You can do a lot with just the JSONs and enough knowledge about coding.

Also, Pirate Bay.
I am having issues with translating CommonEvents.json and accidentally also erasing code and flags from there. Is there some typical way to see which is which?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I am having issues with translating CommonEvents.json and accidentally also erasing code and flags from there. Is there some typical way to see which is which?
Especially if it's only your first time, I'd recommend only changing entries that are a parameter of a code:401, which is plain displayed text. 402s and 102s are linked (effectively the displayed menu options, and the flag for what text follows selecting that option), so make sure those are the same. I'd avoid 355s, 365s, and any other code until you are just spot checking for missing text elements.

Reactions: Blake639

souldray

Jun 5, 2020
Did you also decrypt the audio files? RPGM also threw up an error for me if I tried to run the game via the editor with only the images decrypted. (v1.21) with images and audio decrypted; the rar is much larger than normal since I left the encrypted files in. If you run the game via the editor be sure to hit F1 to turn off Rapid Mode. Oh, also, I made Lico start at level 24 to make sure the game didn't explode as soon as you changed anything in RPGM (I've seen it happen) and forgot to change it back. I only sped through the tutorial though, so things may still explode later.
can you reupload it on pixeldrain or workupload? Anonfile somehow work like crap...

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
can anyone upload the game with the latest patch applied to it. I am unable to able the patches as it requires jap locale to extract. :(

Overdunker

Feb 27, 2022
Especially if it's only your first time, I'd recommend only changing entries that are a parameter of a code:401, which is plain displayed text. 402s and 102s are linked (effectively the displayed menu options, and the flag for what text follows selecting that option), so make sure those are the same. I'd avoid 355s, 365s, and any other code until you are just spot checking for missing text elements.
I did not know those IDs actually mattered. Is there a table over this, or some other introduction to translating RPGM on this site? I didn't find one sadly.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote