International

Dec 9, 2019
Hey, for the people complaining about how grindy thing game is, I made a cheat mod that lets you control your stats to speed up the empty potions of the game.

I made a cheat mod for this game by editing the stats pane. It allows you to increase or decrease most of your stats by 1 or 10, and change your skills by 1. There no other changes in the game, this is just to reduce some of the grind for those of us who want to replay the game or explore it.

CHANGING YOUR JOB EXP WILL PROBABLY BREAK YOUR GAME. DON'T COMPLAIN TO BURNINGSUN (or me) WHEN YOU GET STUCK DUE TO CHEATING. Seriously, editing stats at the wrong time can and will get you stuck. Save often, and try not to be too stupid.

Installation: Place in the same directory as your existing "Life choices v0.8.7.7.html", and open with your preferred web browser.

Passages changed:
Stats
StoryAuthor

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Hey, for the people complaining about how grindy thing game is, I made a cheat mod that lets you control your stats to speed up the empty potions of the game.
I think that is a pretty smart move. I am not complaining that much about the grind, but I followed this game for quite a time. I am looking forward to the update and the new content, and to get a feel for the game want to start it from the beginning. That does not mean that I am happy about repeating the grind again, so this cheat really makes sense to me. Thanks a lot, I hope it works. For first time players I would suggest NOT to use it though.

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Hmmmm ........Haven't play this for a while.

Bought the "Fruit Juicer", got home, next day went to use it . . . it's shown in your inventory, but can't find it in her "apartment/room" ? Also, looked in the Kitchen, not there either, (though it shouldn't be there, because it's yours, and nobody else should be able to use it, unless it somehow helps pay your rent, ($5 a use, by other tenants ?) :p ).

So, where the HELL is it ? If you can't access it, you can't use it, thus get a "buff/bonus" from it, thus making it just another useless money-sink, causing you to spend money that might be useful else-where. ( like the clothing-items, that you need to get, to access places like the Club (after you actually "discover it" ), or access to the Beach ).

ray3dave

May 12, 2017

Bought the "Fruit Juicer", got home, next day went to use it . . . it's shown in your inventory, but can't find it in her "apartment/room" ? Also, looked in the Kitchen, not there either, (though it shouldn't be there, because it's yours, and nobody else should be able to use it, unless it somehow helps pay your rent, ($5 a use, by other tenants ?) :p ).

So, where the HELL is it ? If you can't access it, you can't use it, thus get a "buff/bonus" from it, thus making it just another useless money-sink, causing you to spend money that might be useful else-where. ( like the clothing-items, that you need to get, to access places like the Club (after you actually "discover it" ), or access to the Beach ).
If you eat in the kitchen the bonus will show in your stats. It is very modern stuff, the invisible fruit juicer, invented by BurningSun.

Reactions: Back

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
BurningSun is the update going to be 0.8.8 or are you still tweaking 0.7.8?
caballucci, It is going to be V0.8.8.0. However, it is not as per the roadmap. I need to adjust the roadmap a little. V0.9.0.0 is still the same, the updates in between are a little different now. You'll see :)
so far so good, I find a crash code on beach that close my game completely... in some point it crash walking on it
Lechon, What crash code? Could you be more specific so I can fix it? Thanks a lot.
really fun game, although it does take awhile to get dignity down but once it is and you progress far into the jobs its easy to maintain.

Question: how do you know if you have reached the end of the job route? for example: i just got up to the part of housekeeping job where i have sex. is that all for that job?

Also when i "walk the street" its just handjobs. am i doing something wrong?
Gaijin100, Great to hear you like it. Fyi: It is supposed to be a slow burn game.
You'll know when you reach the end :D
Regarding the street walking; like AriaZaia said, it scales up. At first only BJ's, but soon enough everything. It is a work in progress though; meaning it all works, but needs more flavors and fine-tuning.
where to meet madiba I nearly tried every possible place
can u make the beach party more accessible
XXlinked, You can only meet him Saturday on the beach while walking. In the next update also by sleeping on the beach. I'll look into the beach party thing :)

Highland_Hunter, It says so in the hints section. Like Ray mentioned it provides a buff. I'll make the hints and the tool tip when hovering over the item in the inventory more clear in the next update.
There are a few items that only give buffs and don't actually need to be used. Oh dear, I saved you from extra clicks and you don't like it, but if I make you use it, you hate the extra clicks :O Aaahh the dilemma :p

Just kidding a little there. Anyway as mentioned there are more items that just give a buff;
Fish tank = morale bonus every morning when waking up
Coffee machine = energy and morale bonus while having breakfast
Juicer = Health bonus & energy bonus when eating in the kitchen
Beds = earlier automatic wake time & better energy gain & better Morale gain etc
There are more, but they are all mentioned in the hints section. Every game needs money sinks. This one too and they are not useless

Cheers
BurningSun

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
BurningSun - As was also said in your "hints-section", we really aren't required to eat in the game. So, Why bother having meals, (just to get a buff ?, from items purchased/added later), I'd rather in this case, to actually activate these items, to get their buffs, making people "work" to get the buff :p (Guess I'm just an "old-school" type player) and not as lazy as the younger players these days. (It'd also be nice to "see" these items added to the PC's "room/apartment", it gives one the feeling, that the PC, has accomplished something for working their "ass-off", (or just "working" their Ass :oops:), ya know, like "Mini-Trophies" , for advancing their lifestyle, if you get what I'm saying.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
BurningSun - As was also said in your "hints-section", we really aren't required to eat in the game. So, Why bother having meals, (just to get a buff ?, from items purchased/added later), I'd rather in this case, to actually activate these items, to get their buffs, making people "work" to get the buff :p (Guess I'm just an "old-school" type player) and not as lazy as the younger players these days. (It'd also be nice to "see" these items added to the PC's "room/apartment", it gives one the feeling, that the PC, has accomplished something for working their "ass-off", (or just "working" their Ass :oops:), ya know, like "Mini-Trophies" , for advancing their lifestyle, if you get what I'm saying.
Yeah I get you, but making a room and then having that same room advance with items visually is hard. It is what I want to do, but how? Find a picture of a common kitchen with a juicer, coffee machine etc and then edit them out is easy you'd think. Or a bedroom which shows the different beds, the aquarium, tv etc... I'd love to do it, but so far I've failed in finding the correct pictures in order to do that. (To be 100% honest, last time I checked for this was probably 2 years ago lol :D I'll give it another go at some point)

I'm old school too, as in that no game is too hard for me and the word grind I find dumb, but hey I like to make people happy so I try and find a middle ground.

You indeed don't need to eat, but if your health is low, eating is a quick way to make sure it stays high. So you don't need to do it, but it is a nice easy way to increase a stat. In the future Health will become more important.

Cheers
BurningSun

Reactions: Highland_Hunter

International

Dec 9, 2019
I'd just add a mention of your passive item buffs when the activate. Definitely don't need more clicks, but the game can let us know our items are there and providing a bonus in a small way.

For example, the fish tank could add something like this:
"You feed your fish after waking up, seeing them happily eat the food makes you feel better. +4 Morale"
On the wake up screen.

Putting some flavor text on the appropriate screen when the bonuses trigger makes more sense for this game than trying to add item sparkles or other visual tricks.

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
don't need more clicks

makes more sense for this game than trying to add item sparkles* or other visual tricks*.
(Sorry, BurningSun, for the rant, those comments just "triggered" me) (*= What are you talking about here ? )

Apparently, you know not, the kind of game this is. The Dev already says he likes a bit of "grind", (sometimes known as "old-school" game play). If your looking for less grind/interactive game-play, perhaps this game, isn't your game.

(And yes, you don't really need to interact with the Fish-Tank,(most people in real life, get the benefit from it, just being there, without interacting with it), thus it was a bad-choice for your "less-clicks" comment).

Unlike getting a cup of Coffee, or a Glass of Juice, to get the buff/benefit. Case-in-point: You go to the Pub, you have to interact with the bartender, to buy that Drink, in order to get the "buffs", you don't just get them walking into the Pub, and not interacting with anything.

Might try a game style more suited to one looking for less interactivity (read lazy, less work for more gain, etc), also known as a "VN = Visual Novel".

Have a nice day. ;)

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
I'd just add a mention of your passive item buffs when the activate. Definitely don't need more clicks, but the game can let us know our items are there and providing a bonus in a small way.

For example, the fish tank could add something like this:
"You feed your fish after waking up, seeing them happily eat the food makes you feel better. +4 Morale"
On the wake up screen.

Putting some flavor text on the appropriate screen when the bonuses trigger makes more sense for this game than trying to add item sparkles or other visual tricks.
I kinda like that idea. I'll check it out as well as the visualing stuff. Not sure yet.

I got stuck while walking on the beach
That is an older version :D V0.8.7.5.

Cheers
BurningSun

Reactions: International

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Quick update for you all; I was wondering about a wardrobe functionality for the game and wasn't sure whether or not to implement one, so I decided to create a poll on my Patreon site.

Below the result. As you can see the winner is to have a wardrobe with functionality.

Let me know your thoughts.
BurningSun

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
BurningSun - Had I known, but didn't, (and not a Patreon, anyway), I'd vote for #2 also ! (just to let you know).
Though, I'm sure some here will not like the extra-interactivity that will bring to the game, NOT me though! :love:

Reactions: Xill

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
when should we expect Amsterdam to be complete
XXlinked, Never! :) And I kinda mean that as I believe I will keep tinkering and adding stuff. Having said that, I hope to 'finish' it mid 2021. Paris, which is the second city that Lizzy can run to, will see the light of day before that though. It is planned for the end of this year to be playable.
All timelines are of course subject to change. I'm working alone on this and that won't change I don't think, so it takes time and it takes more and more time, the bigger the whole game gets unfortunately.
sorry im new on patheon and only low tier, can i ask ETa of the update?
djcomplain, Thank you for your support! Much appreciated. The next update was planned for the end of May, but on the 22nd of May I let peeps know on Patreon that I had to postpone it. It is now planned for the end of June.

Cheers
BurningSun

Reactions: Back and Bronson73
3.30 star(s) 45 Votes