BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
My goooooooooood it's long, complicated, nothing advcances...
Day 33, difficulty" laughing". Which is discribed as extremaly easy as a pie, with a huge amount of money, I'm the favorite of the gods of hazard etc...
well... this huge amount opf money is only 350€... Which I call extrem poverty.

I'm still stucked in a ridiculous library job, with a pathetic salary, that doesn't increase. I just can't change, it seems thart my first choice was a choice for all my life long.
I've bought nearly nothing (no money).
My look only increased to 5 (at a moment I was 6, and now 5 again, without an explanation)
Dignity 74, Liberal 23 (I reached 26 one day)
Firtness 26, but it's completely useless, and can't grow anymore
Absoluetely nothing happens, anywhere I can go.

Do I have to live a complete life until 65 yo to have a chance to be sexy enough to let down my panties ?

During a moment, it seemed like I was going a bit sexier. I had the courage to let other girls wash me, I even showed a boob to a stranger... I thought the game was, at last, becoming a bit sexy, that my life was going to change a little...
But it only last a few days.
It's about 10 days now, that I don't have any sex appeal at all, and don't dare anything anymore.
Even if my dignity is now lower, and liberal is the same !
The only "unmoral" thing I can do, is drink alcohol.

How is that the game seems to be harder day after day ??
What the fuck happened ??
Armelle69, Overall the game is a slow burn game. Not a whole lot will happen (generally) in the first month in any of the jobs. Looking at the library job you are doing, you should by day 33 be either camming for Zack already or if you have decided not to do that (depending on choices made), you will need to work till LibraryExperience is 55 in order to open up the Willem path.
What do you mean with look only increased to 5? Look increase by wearing makeup and other items like jewelry, undergarments etc. (Btw, looks will change in the next update and will be more informative, so you will always know what contributes to it and how much)
You need fitness for the club, or the photoshoot job, and in the new version it will contribute to looks.

Just play a little longer and then stuff should automatically happen. If by then you still don't like the game or it's progress, then maybe this game is too slow/grindy for your taste, which can happen and is absolutely fine.

GL!
well, I thought " Laughable" would allow me to buy nearly everything. Well... It's pretty "nothing" instead ^^
Even after day 33, I still can't buy anything else than basic needs, and it's far from changing if I keep this work (but as I can't look for another job, well...)
Yeah, "Laughable-easy", I can see that...
What is "hardacore" then ? You hav to deal with meteor shower ? Hords of zombie rapers-stealers assault your appartment every hour ? Spontaneous combustion ?...
I've adjusted the starting money of the 'laughable' version. It now is 600.
How you cannot buy anything after day 33 is honestly beyond me. Laughable gives more starting cash so you should always already be able to buy something.
The difference in pay from the library job on day 1
-normal diff: 34EUR
-laugh diff: 56EUR
Rent and everything else is the same, so after 30 days, you must have at least 600 EUR which you can spend on stuff other than rent.
Some tips for highest payout:
-Make sure tohaev Morale high as possible with minimum 70 and preferable 90. The higher the Morale the higher the pay
-Study when possible as the more library science Lizzy has studies, the more she gets paid.
Hey
BurningSun
It happens few times already and the only way to fix it is starting again the game, for some reason I miss a payment to henry when that happens you cant go back to house to sleep because always will say visit Henry for payment even if hes not there
Lechon,
It should be impossible to miss Henry's payment.
Can you let me know how you missed it? Do you remember? Once I know how, then I can fix it. Right now I cannot seem to be able to skip him.
found bug on 0.8.7.7 version.
1. Go beach and get dirty (for example working)
2. Try to buy ice cream
3. Dead end
Hey Garazas,
I just tried, but I can't recreate this bug. Do you have more details perhaps? Does it happen every time? Any day?

Thanks
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Hey Highland_Hunter,

Sorry for the 'late' replies. I've been away from home for two weeks to take care of my dad who was ill (not corona). He's in his 80-ies so a little fragile at times.
Anyway, below some answers per post.
This is as good as any time to mention what I have just discovered, (after 46 days game-wise). As early as day 2, on the message board, my girl had found the flyer for the Dance School. Great, now my girl can go start to learn dancing ! Only problem was , couldn't find the damn School ! Looked in her "Dairy", Character, etc., anyplace where one would expect to find "notes", that she'd have written as to where the place is, taken from the flyer.

Up to this day, I couldn't find that damn school (even seeing that same flyer, many times on that board) !

Well, I found it now, 44 days later, and it's right here near where she lives, doesn't need to spend any $$ !

Want to know How? . . . . . . It was /is very obvious, once you realize something.

When looking at the flyer, you must use/float your Mouse Pointer, over the flyer in order to see it change to a hand symbol , which indicates there's an action that can be done there ! :oops::rolleyes: "facepalm"

Guess I never noticed that "every-time" I found that flyer, (and other flyers), so, it never registered that I had actually, found the flyer .

It was probably, very obvious, to the Dev, at the time he decided to use that game-mechanic,but they did not realize that people play so many different games, with different game-play-mechanics, that it would not be all that obvious to everyone . (especially, if you don't MOUSE over everything !)

So, to all those other people, who come here to ask Where someplace is . . . . Maybe you actually DID find already, you just DIDN'T know, you had, or thought you had found it, like me !:unsure::rolleyes:;):ROFLMAO: SO, look a second time or maybe even a third, or a Dozen :p .

Good Luck , Fellow Players !
I never thought this could be an issue. Why would you not click on it after reading: You look at the board to see if there are any new messages or flyers.
[[Insert picture(s) here]]
Anyway, I'll look into ways making it more clear that you need to click on it.

BurningSun - (or anyone who knows ) :

" Make-Up " and " Make-Up Set " . . . What's the difference, other than cost ?

BurningSun : All consumables should note Quantity before you buy, not after !
(Come on, really, you'd buy something with-out knowing what , and/or, how many your getting ?! Really ??

EDIT : Something else I've noticed :

Contraceptive Pills = You can buy them at Pharmacy !
But in your HINTS section, it says they are not implemented yet !
Which, needs to be up-dated ?
SO, Are the Pills use-able or not ?

Also, EARPLUGS :oops: What are they for? They are not listed in the "Hints" section, but they are buy-able ?

Suggestion - TV + DVD system - Some Jobs Bosses give Lizzy some "Job-related" - Must-Watch - DVD's (which contain "conditioning" content, slowly over time) :devilish: ( those "Earplugs" would come in handy here)
-Makeupset is just a variable that is checked at certain moments in the game. If for example you have chosen to only apply makeup when having a shower on a workday, the variable is set differently than if you'd choose to never use makeup at all.
-Do you know exactly how many uses you get from your shampoo bottle at home? Really? I don't think so :)
-Contraceptive pills are not implemented yet. I forgot to take them out apparently. Adjusted for next version.
-Same with earplugs (part of dancing job at the club).

BurningSun - Something Curious : Do some "Buffs" / "Bonuses" , give, less/more, than a full point ?

Example:
Coffee Machine : Buffs = Energy & Morale
Fruit Juicer : Buffs = Energy & Health
Groceries : Buffs = Energy, Health & Morale

Consumed together : Buffs = Energy +9, Health +3 & Morale +1 :oops:
There were a few issues with this as it seems. Groceries did not increase Morale and coffee too low energy. That has been adjusted now. If you have all three it now will give you: Buffs = Energy +10, Health +4 & Morale +4
Just to note:
Normal difficultly gives you 295 Euros to start, so , only +55 Euros more for "laughable-easy mode", does seem a bit off . . . I wonder what you get for "Easy-Mode" ?

( I would have thought at least +100 Euros more for "Easy-Mode", so around +150-200 Euros more for "Laughable-Easy-Mode" , would be about right . . . . though I have NO idea about Europe economy ):oops:.
See post above this one :)
-Keep in mind laughable setting makes it harder to catch STD's, condom issues, bad events etc.

I just started a new play-through, so I can apply, the "game-knowledge" I learned & discovered, in the previous game.

Question : How soon is the Message Board, supposed to show up, so we can have access to it , and eventually Henry ?

I'm starting her 12th day, and it's not shown yet ! Could have sworn, it showed up a lot earlier, than after 12 Days :oops: !?

EDIT : Finally got the answer to question above = 14th Day, ( or , as in that's when it happened in my game :cautious: ), as in the day you make your 3rd payment, (or is it the 2nd payment ?):unsure:
Day 14. Depending on difficulty setting the first time a flayer could appear on the board is day 14 (club). Remember the flyers don't appear on all days and all times.
skyfire777 - Thanks for your reply ;) !

BurningSun - Just curious :

Concerning Lizzy's chances of getting "Raped in the street",(especially, while still a Virgin) .

Are those chances, say, only in the Hard-Mode ? , or are they likely to happen in any Mode, just a lesser-chance, to happen, as the difficultly mode gets easier ?

Seems, to me, earlier versions had a much higher chance of Lizzy meeting Rapists fairly early in the game, in Normal-Mode.
These later versions, feel/seem less threatening of her having, many or even any, of these possible encounters (on Normal-Mode).

I've tried several, ways / conditions,( 0-Intell, Late-night roaming, etc), to "trigger", one or more of these events to happen, but the only events that seem to trigger, are what I call " Rape-Teasers", as in she just gets Groped or Fingered, no actual "penile-penetration", So, have been thinking perhaps you decided to put "those" events in the Hard-Mode (though I hope not).

These are not events I usually look for in these type of games, but we all have a DARK-side, and sometimes "it" comes to the surface :devilish: , and when "it" does, "it" wants to see what "it" likes :love::devilish: ! "Evil-Laugh"
As mentioned above, the more difficult the setting the higher certain chances are to get bad events. I've added this now to the page where you select the difficulty (orange writing).
Haha I know what you mean :devilish:

Hope I covered all your questions (so far :cool:)

Reactions: silvereyedslut

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
Armelle69, Overall the game is a slow burn game. Not a whole lot will happen (generally) in the first month in any of the jobs. Looking at the library job you are doing, you should by day 33 be either camming for Zack already or if you have decided not to do that (depending on choices made), you will need to work till LibraryExperience is 55 in order to open up the Willem path.
What do you mean with look only increased to 5? Look increase by wearing makeup and other items like jewelry, undergarments etc. (Btw, looks will change in the next update and will be more informative, so you will always know what contributes to it and how much)
You need fitness for the club, or the photoshoot job, and in the new version it will contribute to looks.

Just play a little longer and then stuff should automatically happen. If by then you still don't like the game or it's progress, then maybe this game is too slow/grindy for your taste, which can happen and is absolutely fine.

GL!

I've adjusted the starting money of the 'laughable' version. It now is 600.
How you cannot buy anything after day 33 is honestly beyond me. Laughable gives more starting cash so you should always already be able to buy something.
The difference in pay from the library job on day 1
-normal diff: 34EUR
-laugh diff: 56EUR
Rent and everything else is the same, so after 30 days, you must have at least 600 EUR which you can spend on stuff other than rent.
Some tips for highest payout:
-Make sure tohaev Morale high as possible with minimum 70 and preferable 90. The higher the Morale the higher the pay
-Study when possible as the more library science Lizzy has studies, the more she gets paid.

Thanks
BurningSun
THanks for the answer !
- Zach : I talked to him once.
Then (after my message above, to give the game a chance), i cheated to have enough money, to have a decent life, buying me the time to live something in the game, like beach, fitness club... Well, to do something else, at last, than working in a library and waiting for things that never happen.
The first day I didn't go to work, I had a message telling me I missed Zach, and that was bad => I came back to lose time at work... But never meat him the following days.
I'm not at library 55, ok : but how the fuck could I have known that it's necessary to trigger an event ??

- "Lookstat" at 5, then 6, then 5 : I according what you say, maybe I hadn't enough of one of the make-up products, which is probably not the case, but well...
The fact that "Looks" only refers to what you wear is a complete non-sens. MC seems to be ugly enough even to work at a library. Quasimodo little sister maybe.
Fitness club, nightclubs : ah ah ah !! Without cheat ? ... Well... Maybe when I'm 54 yo, and saved enough €...

- Money : how can I say it ?... 600€ ? Who could tell that lfe is "laughable easy", when you only have 600 ridiculous euros to BEGIN YOUR FUCKING LIFE ? Try 6000, and maybe we can talk. Maybe. Not "laughable easy" of course, but at least, "decent beginning".
Yes, "basic needs" consume ALMOST all your money. Bus, food, make-up... The rest dissappears with "trying attempts to play" the game (like, drinking in a pub, hopping for events to trigger ?).
You loose 10€ each time you miss the dishes. Who the fuck has to wash dishes precisally between 15 and 23:00 ? Where is the problem to do it at 14:30, or 23:30 ? Or even the day after ? If you have just an activity, you miss it.

You say that maybe it's too grind for me.
Well, probably.
But I'll tell you why.
- I can relate to the hoice of having a "realistic" game, with events that don't occure to often by themselves, like in the real life.
- The problem with this is... How could I say that ?... You do know, I hope, that people in real life don't live extraordinary events. A prudish girl doesn't become an exhibitionist or a nymphomaniac by herself, just living as a librarian all day long, day after day.
So, if I play a game, a horny game, I'd probably want that to happen. Therefore, I have to be able to do it. Whoch means : taking riskes, trying things, going in and there... Meet people. Trying to see if somebody is interested in me, maybe ?
To do that, 2 (cumulative) options :
- you need time and money (which you don't have, neither of them), to try everything that is possible
- you need for events that trigger (which never happens). Having hazard to play for you. Meet people.

It's a basic rule in "telling stories" : you don't tell trhe story of all the people that never live anything uncomun. Ok, living something extraordinary is rare, of course ! But sometimes, it can ghappen. And the story has to be about the one that lives these events.
Ok, it could be further in the game ? Then you don't have to wait 30 (or 55) "every day life" for this to happen : it's the event that begins the story.
Everything that's before, t's not the story : it 's the introduction.

But I have to add something else about the "living a normal life" thing, and the way you put it in scene.
It's not a "normal life" : it's a "hugely abnormal life", because your options here are much smaller than in real life.
- When you're brave enough to live something sexy a few days, why the hell are you afraid to do it again the days after ?
- do you really start your life without money and options ?
- when you meet people, don't you... finally meet some people ? I mean, if MC goes to the pub, or in the park, it HAS to be a chance that some event triggers ! Meet people that you can call (yes, we're not in 1994 : people already have a phone)
- it's possible, and pretty easy, to go in a nightclub. Good look is necessary, of course, not to dirty (but "perfect cleaniness" is almost impossible in the game), and they don't care if you're tired ; and of course, you can come in from 22:00 to 03:00.
- ok you want us to visit a huge city, one in which it can take 1h to go from a part of the city to another ; but in such a city, is there only one mall, only one grocery store, only one pub, park, nightclub... ? => to do anything, you have to cross all the town every time => then time passes, and you miss every "window" you could have (even if this is only "washing dishes").

=> You want it to be realistic, but I really have much (much !) more options in my real life, then in this game !
Of course, you can't make a game with every store or pub in it. And that is not what we ask what we need to play.
But it's easy to put a grocery store in every part of the city, for example.
It's easy to give enough money to begin a normal life.
It's easy to not giving "limits" for things that don't need it (washing dishes ; unecessary makup tpo work at the library...)
It's easy to give a phone to the MC right from the beginning.
It's not very difficult to create caracters around you : roommates, people at the pub...
It's not very difficult to have one "appreciation stat" with each of them
It's not very difficult to have an "appreciation stat" with the landlord, which :
- can increase if you make good actions -dishes-, or if you make efforts to be pretty when you see him, or if you visit him even when not needed
- can decrease when you make bad actions (miss dishes, being late for the rent)
=> this can trigger events if that's low (even bad end) or high
=> And this can be made for other items, like a "job appreciation" (decreasing if you arrive late, if you miss the job one day ; and increasing with you experience, your "library stat", why not if you"re pretty...)

It's NECESSARY to create events with the people
It's necessary to still have the option for other jobs available, even if you didn't resign your current job.

And I'd had :
- it's necessary to have a "personnal basic look", which can increase (tanning, fitness, helthcare...) or decreease (health, bad food...)
- when you dare doing thiongs one day, you'd probably doing them after that. "Liberality" doesn't have to decrease everytime you make someting a little calm (like taking a fucking shower) !! With church ok, yoga perhaps, talking on phone to your mom or old friend why not (who could be a very prudish people)... But not basic life events !!
- it's necessary to create a game that tells a story which evolves right from the beginning.
- Ok it can be slow if you want to play it slow, like don't go to the pub, don't go out by night, not calling friends on phone
- and it can be quick if you play it pro-actively, by doing all this stuff

You've got a very promissing game here. You made a huge work so far. System seems very solid. You have a lot of ideas.
But you REALLY should re-think some of these "breaches".
All this wopnderful work is completely RUINIED by very small defaults. "Very small", because they are very little things to correct.
Open the options, open your world, soften it a little.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
THanks for the answer !
Zip
hi Armelle69,

Thank you for your long and elaborate post. It is always good to get feedback like that. A few things:
1) Reading it, I cannot seem to escape the fact that you are angry/mad/upset? That is the tone I get when reading it. It doesn't read very nicely. Maybe not your intention, maybe it is just me, but I thought to mention it as it doesn't make it easy for me to reply.
2) Please do not forget that the game is a work in progress. If you would have checked the road-map for example on the 1st page (needs a bit of updating) you would have known that a few of the gripes you seem to have with the game so far are on there; like the phone implementation.
3) You say: It is easy to do this or that. Then my response would be, do it yourself to see how easy it is. I don't mean for that to sound harsh or to come across as a hurtful remark or me being a dick. But if you would try, you'd notice it is NOT easy at all. Sure one tiny piece here or there is easy. But every story in the game, every code and every link takes ages to make. The biggest one you mention which is honestly NOT easy at all, in fact it is very hard, are characters. I'll get it to work eventually, but the only game I know who has a little bit of character building -without it being linear- in game is GL. And it is far from complete or fun imo.
Anyway, it is very hard to implement it, to write all the stories, to keep in mind all the variables, to change all events in game when walking around with someone, to make people not talk to 1 person but two when you are partnered up etc etc. There are so many things to keep in mind when making characters work properly.
4) Yes I could make a store in every part of the city, yes I could give Lizzy a phone, sneakers, tons of money, and lots of makeup. But that would defeat the whole point of this game. Lizzy came to Amsterdam with all her hard-earned money. She was 18.. now you tell me how much money any 18-year old will have accumulated in a poor little village in the North of the UK. Anyway, the point of the game is to start without a lot and to try and navigate Lizzy through the game.
5) I work on this game alone, when I feel like it, when I have time to spare, when I am inspired to write a story. I don't spend every weekend on it. I spend an hour here, 30 minutes there etc. It takes time to build a game this big. And even more to expand it.

I'll leave it at that as I don't think more words will help change your views, or explain mine :) Which is fine of course.
So far I am pretty happy with how the game turned out to be. I enjoy building it, tinkering with it. I'd like to keep it that way.;)

Cheers
BurningSun

PS: I'll add a supermarket in the mall just for you.

Doktor7007

Nov 24, 2017
Im sorry if this was asked already
but i cant find the aswer here

How can i find the new beach content
i literally play the beach part every day
but nothing happens
its the same like the update versions before

what do i have to do to trigger the new content?

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
hi Armelle69,

Thank you for your long and elaborate post. It is always good to get feedback like that. A few things:
1) Reading it, I cannot seem to escape the fact that you are angry/mad/upset? That is the tone I get when reading it. It doesn't read very nicely. Maybe not your intention, maybe it is just me, but I thought to mention it as it doesn't make it easy for me to reply.
2) Please do not forget that the game is a work in progress. If you would have checked the road-map for example on the 1st page (needs a bit of updating) you would have known that a few of the gripes you seem to have with the game so far are on there; like the phone implementation.
3) You say: It is easy to do this or that. Then my response would be, do it yourself to see how easy it is. I don't mean for that to sound harsh or to come across as a hurtful remark or me being a dick. But if you would try, you'd notice it is NOT easy at all. Sure one tiny piece here or there is easy. But every story in the game, every code and every link takes ages to make. The biggest one you mention which is honestly NOT easy at all, in fact it is very hard, are characters. I'll get it to work eventually, but the only game I know who has a little bit of character building -without it being linear- in game is GL. And it is far from complete or fun imo.
Anyway, it is very hard to implement it, to write all the stories, to keep in mind all the variables, to change all events in game when walking around with someone, to make people not talk to 1 person but two when you are partnered up etc etc. There are so many things to keep in mind when making characters work properly.
4) Yes I could make a store in every part of the city, yes I could give Lizzy a phone, sneakers, tons of money, and lots of makeup. But that would defeat the whole point of this game. Lizzy came to Amsterdam with all her hard-earned money. She was 18.. now you tell me how much money any 18-year old will have accumulated in a poor little village in the North of the UK. Anyway, the point of the game is to start without a lot and to try and navigate Lizzy through the game.
5) I work on this game alone, when I feel like it, when I have time to spare, when I am inspired to write a story. I don't spend every weekend on it. I spend an hour here, 30 minutes there etc. It takes time to build a game this big. And even more to expand it.

I'll leave it at that as I don't think more words will help change your views, or explain mine :) Which is fine of course.
So far I am pretty happy with how the game turned out to be. I enjoy building it, tinkering with it. I'd like to keep it that way.;)

Cheers
BurningSun

Thanks for the quick answer ;)
1) Excuse me if my message seemed a bit harsh : english is not my natural language, it doesn't help ^^ But yes, I'm a bit upset (or more likely disappointed).
The game has potential. And yes it's ruined by some little problems.

2) Indeed, I didn't kow about the "gripes".
I understand that some things are not emplemented yet, or weren't. But its also a question of priority. And when it's done, well, why not give access to it since the beginning of the game ? The phone can be accessible from the beginning, even if it had been developped later during the creation.

3) I know that it's not always easy. But most of them aren't as difficult as a lot of things you have already done !
For things I claim as "not difficult", well, it would have probably been easier to do it the way I propose it. Dishes is the perfect example : just saying it's on thursday (for example), was enough ; it's absolutely not useful to say its between 15 and 23, it's one more difficulty while coding, difficulty that doesn't had anything, and just makes things more difficult, less logical, and less interesting. Adding 10 euros to the rent is not logical neither => 1 "'acquaintance point" was probably not REALLY more difficult to code (you just need 1 stat "acquaintance.landlord").
I know it's often more difficult to change things than to create them from the beginning... But, well... If it's necessary..
You talk abouit difficulties while being "partenered" : yes I believe that wouldn't be easy : but I diodn't talk about being partnered ^^
I talked about having a probability to meet one of your roommates in the kitchen ; and when you talk to each of them, poof, 1 point "acquaintance with Sven". Later you can trigger events based on these acquaintances.
No need to have tens or hundreds of those people ; but just a fiew, 1 to 3 in each place.

4) I understand the will to make her life debute difficult.
But then, you don't create a difficulty level, if it doesn't change much.
The "laughing-easy" isn't even "a bit easy".
If ou create different levels, the difference has to be clearly visible ! It means that you allow players to play the game in another mod that the one you intended to be "in your perfecvt vision". Which is cool !! The more you open the possibilities, the more you'll have fans.
- "normal mode" is how you prefer the game to be played => ok it's really difficult, no problem
- easy mode => it has to be EASY ^^ Which means, probably "beginning-money" x3, and "earning-money" x1,5
- laughing-easy : well... good for beginners, people who just ant to rush in the story, without any difficulties. By definition. Itr means that if you want someting, you can buy it. And that includes having the money, and the time, to do anything you want. But in this case, it's just absoluytely not easy, it's already (very) difficult.
=> The difference between "normal" and "laughing" is just symbolic. It doesn't really change the spirit. Therefore, a huge difficulty in coding, for no big result.
=> Change some parameters, it will give a lot of fresh air for players in difficulty.

I don't say all this just to complaint, or to say "that game ios not for me". Or I'd just havent written anything, and just pass my way.
Your game has great possibilities. It's promissing. Really.
But if you don't open a bit some things, it'll just be unbearable to play for most of the players. The number of very bad quotes is the proof of that.
If I wanted to suote it just now, I'd give only 1 or 2 stars. When after 40 days nothing ever happens, day after day, your life didn't change a bit even in "laughing-easy mode", and most of the possibilities are still forbidden (and will stay forbidden probably for a lot of weeks more), than the goal is failed. You don't PLAY, you juste BARE, hopping that someday, something would possibly happen.
If you change a few things, then my quote could be easily 4, and probably 5 when more complete.

Advises shouldn't be rejected ;)
I took all that (precious) time to help, to expose you another point of view

rez111

Apr 10, 2019
Did the cocaine dealer get removed? I've been playing for awhile now and just finished the maid job and started a new job, im going through each city and cant get the dealer to give me the bag event. Any ideas?

International

Dec 9, 2019
Did the cocaine dealer get removed? I've been playing for awhile now and just finished the maid job and started a new job, im going through each city and cant get the dealer to give me the bag event. Any ideas?
Probably like a 1/50 chance in something that only triggers for 15 minutes once a week.

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
BurningSun : Fashion Job & Henry Question :

The first time you pay Henry the rent, your character mentions how hard it was to get-the-money . Henry, mentions about your character wanting to be a model. He says that if you can get him some:

"nice posters or pictures of some shoots from yourself or from anyone else which I can use to decorate the place, I can reduce the rent by 10 Euros. What do you say pumpkin?"

Your character agrees, and thanks him for the option.

What ever happened to this "option" ?
I've not yet had the opportunity "trigger" for her to "try/get" some pictures from any of her "photo-shoots", to give to Henry.
Is this " opportunity ", still not finished yet ? , (as in, Are you still working on this event-story-line, for a future up-date ? (I hope so, it fits well with this job she's doing ;):devilish: ! )

Stompai

Oct 7, 2017
hi Armelle69,

Cheers
BurningSun

Just wanted to say a couple things on a whim based on what you wrote here.

- I don't know about you, or about what UK north village you speak about, but for an 18 years old, who actively try to earn quick bucks, it is completely possible and rather easy to find a summer job for 1 month, like working in the fields, that give more than 600€ even if it's the minimum legal wage. Let alone 2 months of summer job.

- Maybe you should do a poll, at least to your patreon, and ask some questions. Like "do you use cheats ?" and "if Yes, why ?"
I'm not a seer that can see the future, but in the case you do and get a feedback where more than 50% use the same money cheat in your game for the reason that it's almost necessary to do so to enjoy the game. Then that probably mean there is some balance problem. Nothing related to the story or background, just a gameplay balance issue.

- You talked about GL (Girl Life, a QSL text based game for those who don't know). I actually spent countless hours on this game over several playthrough. You can like it or not, tastes and colors, but it can't be denied that both yours and GL have a rather similar setting of "being a girl in a city and things happen". The main difference between your game and GL are the events.
Whereas GL have countless events that can happen at almost every location of the game, if you're just walking the streets, working a job, doing an activity like sport, beach, whatever. There are always events that can happen with a lot more trigger chance than in your game. And these events are also for the most part with layers and new options are unlocked for the player depending for exemple on inhibition stats, clothes, drunk, or even simply if you've already seen the event, seeing it a second time unlock more choices. There is almost always something happening so it even make the grind enjoyable.

Whereas in your game, sorry if it sound harsh, but it's a paaaain to unlock events. Sometimes you even don't see them because you gave up before unlocking the conditions to see them or you didn't know there was an event here.

I'll allow myself a farcry quote here : "Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity ? It's doing the same thing, over and over again, and expecting that this time, it's gonna be different"
Players are not insane, for the most part, so they won't do an action (or won't like doing an action) dozens of time to get 1 event. And that involve they know the harsh and multiples conditions required for getting that 1 event.

It seem you really like your game and it's understandable, but you also seem really closed to outside ideas even when it seem a lot of player think they could be good in your game. So yeah we're on a pirate site and most here aren't patreon supporter but that don't mean we don't enjoy the game and would love to see it becoming better.

Just a last quick note as well, you say you're not spending much time on the game, not every weekend, 1 hour or 30 min here and there on your free time. That's cool.
But you also have a patreon, bringing 600+ € a month for your game (not a lot but not nothing either, half the minimum legal wage in my country).
So saying you only spend so little time on the game despite the income you get FOR working on it might not be the best of ideas.

Best of luck

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Im sorry if this was asked already
but i cant find the aswer here

How can i find the new beach content
i literally play the beach part every day
but nothing happens
its the same like the update versions before

what do i have to do to trigger the new content?
Hi Doktor7007,
What events/content are you looking for. The only content added that can be a little hard to encounter is Madiba. You can encounter him every Saturday when walking on the beach.
There is a party event, many silly events and several bad events that all trigger reandomly and/or depending on difficulty setting and they have different choice options, often depending on Lizzy's stats.

Armelle69, See comments in your quoted post below.
Thanks for the quick answer ;)
1) Excuse me if my message seemed a bit harsh : english is not my natural language, it doesn't help ^^ But yes, I'm a bit upset (or more likely disappointed).
The game has potential. And yes it's ruined by some little problems.
Yeah I thought as much lol. No need to be upset. It doesn't help generally in any particular circumstance :)

2) Indeed, I didn't kow about the "gripes".
I understand that some things are not emplemented yet, or weren't. But its also a question of priority. And when it's done, well, why not give access to it since the beginning of the game ? The phone can be accessible from the beginning, even if it had been developped later during the creation.
I get you want access to all kinds of things in the game from the start, but that is just not going to happen. Sorry. Priorities is difficult topic to grasp as everyone's priorities are different. You may find certain things should have been implemented ages ago, others may find them not necessary at all etc.
Anyway, I'm working on a few big items at the moment:
1) Character creation & interaction - slow progress, baby-steps, but it is shaping up slowly; look at the diary page and click on a few of the characters portraits. Some have text now, relationships score/points are mentioned and soon quests/notes will be added here.

2) Pregnancy - I'm adding a little bit with every update in the background. You don't see it, but it is there and is a HUGE piece of work.
3) Work improvement - Work is a bit dull, you can get fired if not meeting requirements etc. That is something that urgently needs changing as well.

3) I know that it's not always easy. But most of them aren't as difficult as a lot of things you have already done !
For things I claim as "not difficult", well, it would have probably been easier to do it the way I propose it. Dishes is the perfect example : just saying it's on thursday (for example), was enough ; it's absolutely not useful to say its between 15 and 23, it's one more difficulty while coding, difficulty that doesn't had anything, and just makes things more difficult, less logical, and less interesting. Adding 10 euros to the rent is not logical neither => 1 "'acquaintance point" was probably not REALLY more difficult to code (you just need 1 stat "acquaintance.landlord").
I know it's often more difficult to change things than to create them from the beginning... But, well... If it's necessary..
You talk abouit difficulties while being "partenered" : yes I believe that wouldn't be easy : but I diodn't talk about being partnered ^^
I talked about having a probability to meet one of your roommates in the kitchen ; and when you talk to each of them, poof, 1 point "acquaintance with Sven". Later you can trigger events based on these acquaintances.
No need to have tens or hundreds of those people ; but just a fiew, 1 to 3 in each place.
Dishes is a good example indeed. I need to put a time frame in there as I don't want it to be possible to do the dishes before going to work (once the jobs have been improved this may change). The reason for that is it could cause issues otherwise; check the changelog of several updates before the last.
The point is that you may think there is NO reason for certain things in the game, but sometimes there are.
Sometimes there are no reasons for it and in those cases I often adjust or change the game accordingly. I think it is fair to say that many changes/events/functionality got implemented after it being mentioned here or on Patreon or on TFG.

Acquaintance points are already in the game and as mentioned above now visible on the diary page.
4) I understand the will to make her life debute difficult.
But then, you don't create a difficulty level, if it doesn't change much.
The "laughing-easy" isn't even "a bit easy".
If ou create different levels, the difference has to be clearly visible ! It means that you allow players to play the game in another mod that the one you intended to be "in your perfecvt vision". Which is cool !! The more you open the possibilities, the more you'll have fans.
- "normal mode" is how you prefer the game to be played => ok it's really difficult, no problem
- easy mode => it has to be EASY ^^ Which means, probably "beginning-money" x3, and "earning-money" x1,5
- laughing-easy : well... good for beginners, people who just ant to rush in the story, without any difficulties. By definition. Itr means that if you want someting, you can buy it. And that includes having the money, and the time, to do anything you want. But in this case, it's just absoluytely not easy, it's already (very) difficult.
=> The difference between "normal" and "laughing" is just symbolic. It doesn't really change the spirit. Therefore, a huge difficulty in coding, for no big result.
=> Change some parameters, it will give a lot of fresh air for players in difficulty.
Even though I disagree, I have -as mentioned in my previous post- upped the starting money on laughable to 600. I've now also increased all payouts on laughable. If anyone is still struggling in the next update on laughable setting, they honestly will need to get themselves checked.

I don't say all this just to complaint, or to say "that game ios not for me". Or I'd just havent written anything, and just pass my way.
Your game has great possibilities. It's promissing. Really.
But if you don't open a bit some things, it'll just be unbearable to play for most of the players. The number of very bad quotes is the proof of that.
Hmmm, I don't think it is the proof of anything. Some bad reviews are given by people who just don't dig this kind of game, or find it too grindy, or something like that. There will always be people like that. Remember; you can't please everyone in life and you NEVER should try to do that as it will kill ya in the end :)
If I wanted to suote it just now, I'd give only 1 or 2 stars. When after 40 days nothing ever happens, day after day, your life didn't change a bit even in "laughing-easy mode", and most of the possibilities are still forbidden (and will stay forbidden probably for a lot of weeks more), than the goal is failed. You don't PLAY, you juste BARE, hopping that someday, something would possibly happen.
If you change a few things, then my quote could be easily 4, and probably 5 when more complete.

Advises shouldn't be rejected ;)
I took all that (precious) time to help, to expose you another point of view
I honestly greatly appreciate your effort and time spent on writing this review & additional response. I honestly do. I want to point out, however, that it is your point of view. I'm sure a lot of people will agree with your point of view, but a lot of people will agree with mine. Point is, don't think your point of view is the only correct one.
rez111, never changed. Same chance as always. Walk to the Bijlmer and back to the city center to have a chance of meeting them.
ou say pumpkin?"

Your character agrees, and thanks him for the option.

What ever happened to this "option" ?
I've not yet had the opportunity "trigger" for her to "try/get" some pictures from any of her "photo-shoots", to give to Henry.
Is this " opportunity ", still not finished yet ? , (as in, Are you still working on this event-stor
Highland_Hunter, actually this was always part of the way how Lizzy helps Henry. If she does the photshoot, she will hang up pictures etc, of she works as a flowergirl, she brings flowers, etc.
I had forgotten about this though and indeed it could open up some interesting premise :cool:

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Just wanted to say a couple things on a whim based on what you wrote here.

- I don't know about you, or about what UK north village you speak about, but for an 18 years old, who actively try to earn quick bucks, it is completely possible and rather easy to find a summer job for 1 month, like working in the fields, that give more than 600€ even if it's the minimum legal wage. Let alone 2 months of summer job.

- Maybe you should do a poll, at least to your patreon, and ask some questions. Like "do you use cheats ?" and "if Yes, why ?"
I'm not a seer that can see the future, but in the case you do and get a feedback where more than 50% use the same money cheat in your game for the reason that it's almost necessary to do so to enjoy the game. Then that probably mean there is some balance problem. Nothing related to the story or background, just a gameplay balance issue.

- You talked about GL (Girl Life, a QSL text based game for those who don't know). I actually spent countless hours on this game over several playthrough. You can like it or not, tastes and colors, but it can't be denied that both yours and GL have a rather similar setting of "being a girl in a city and things happen". The main difference between your game and GL are the events.
Whereas GL have countless events that can happen at almost every location of the game, if you're just walking the streets, working a job, doing an activity like sport, beach, whatever. There are always events that can happen with a lot more trigger chance than in your game. And these events are also for the most part with layers and new options are unlocked for the player depending for exemple on inhibition stats, clothes, drunk, or even simply if you've already seen the event, seeing it a second time unlock more choices. There is almost always something happening so it even make the grind enjoyable.

Whereas in your game, sorry if it sound harsh, but it's a paaaain to unlock events. Sometimes you even don't see them because you gave up before unlocking the conditions to see them or you didn't know there was an event here.

I'll allow myself a farcry quote here : "Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity ? It's doing the same thing, over and over again, and expecting that this time, it's gonna be different"
Players are not insane, for the most part, so they won't do an action (or won't like doing an action) dozens of time to get 1 event. And that involve they know the harsh and multiples conditions required for getting that 1 event.

It seem you really like your game and it's understandable, but you also seem really closed to outside ideas even when it seem a lot of player think they could be good in your game. So yeah we're on a pirate site and most here aren't patreon supporter but that don't mean we don't enjoy the game and would love to see it becoming better.

Just a last quick note as well, you say you're not spending much time on the game, not every weekend, 1 hour or 30 min here and there on your free time. That's cool.
But you also have a patreon, bringing 600+ € a month for your game (not a lot but not nothing either, half the minimum legal wage in my country).
So saying you only spend so little time on the game despite the income you get FOR working on it might not be the best of ideas.

Best of luck
Stompai,

Thank you for your post and taking the time to write down your opinion!
I'll try and reply below case by case.
-I agree, it is possible, but who is to say she did that just before running away? And if she did, do you think a young girl would not have spent at least half of it on stupid stuff? I think so. I any case Lizzy wasn't planning on becoming a runaway child and thus she has not saved up thousands of pounds. Also, don't forget that travelling from that little village all the way to Amsterdam and then staying a couple of nights in a few hotels isn't very cheap.
-Yeah maybe. I might just do that.
-I like GL a lot. It is a good game, pretty damn big, pretty damn frustrating at times as well lol, but then again so are most games and mine is as well.
Most events in my game check the stats of Lizzy and based on the stats give a certain outcome/choice(s). You may think this is not the case, but that is where you are wrong. Many, many events check if Lizzy is drunk, or high on weed, or stupid (low intel) or doesn't give a fuck (dignity low), or the difficulty setting, or something else or a combination of any of the above.
For instance, the simple event with a seagull on the beach is 3,5 pages in word if copied and pastes in a new empty document. Why? Because there are many exception & possibilities the game checks. If for instance Lizzy is drunk and a roll is higher then her luck + difficulty setting, she gets abused. If however she is pregnant and that roll would trigger the abuse, it shows something completely different. If however she is walking around with her bikini on, the roll doesn't even happen and she just lies there and takes a nap and the gull hits her on the head.
The event on that same beach where Lizzy is asked to show her boobs is 8 pages long. All because of the endless possibilities and choices there are.
You think these choices are not there, but they are. There are countless of these events. On the beach alone and only the part where Lizzy takes a nap there are 48 pages in total full of choices. So yeah...... I'm not taking that one seriously :p
-Yeah I really like my game and I'm happy you understand haha. I really appreciate feedback, but to say I am not open to outside ideas, then I can easily say that you've never checked this thread before as I'm sure many people here will tell you otherwise. Just check the changelog. Seriously check it and check all the ty's behind many bug fixes and changes to the game. I listen, and I even dare to say I listen better than a lot of the other developers out there. But certain things I simply will NOT change, just because I personally disagree with them. It is that simple. I make this game because I like it and the way I like it. As soon as I don't like playing this game anymore, the fun building it vanishes. I do not want that to happen ever. If I would have listened to every advice I have gotten so far, the game would have died 2 years ago, that is a fact. Please don't forget that.

No one pays me to make this game. No one needs to pay me to obtain the game. the game is free to play. It even says so on the main Patreon page. But people have kept asking me to create a Patreon page as they wanted to support me. So I did. That is also on the main page.
But your point is a valid one, or at least partially. I don't just spend one hour on it a month or something like that, I spend way way more, but not often a big block of time. Usually an hour in the morning, 30 minutes before lunch, 15 minutes here and there and in between etc etc. that is what I meant. If only I could spend a few days in a row on it without any interruptions... man that would be so awesome!

Hope the above clears some stuff up and that it doesn't come across as cocky as that was not intended. I appreciate the feedback and your honest thoughts and the time you took to write those honest thoughts as it always makes me think about the game in new ways/different angels.
So thank you and everyone else as well for your honest feedback. I hope you (all) appreciate my honest answers as well.

Cheers
BurningSun

Stompai

Oct 7, 2017
Stompai,

Thank you for your post and taking the time to write down your opinion!
I'll try and reply below case by case.
-I agree, it is possible, but who is to say she did that just before running away? And if she did, do you think a young girl would not have spent at least half of it on stupid stuff? I think so. I any case Lizzy wasn't planning on becoming a runaway child and thus she has not saved up thousands of pounds. Also, don't forget that travelling from that little village all the way to Amsterdam and then staying a couple of nights in a few hotels isn't very cheap.
-Yeah maybe. I might just do that.
-I like GL a lot. It is a good game, pretty damn big, pretty damn frustrating at times as well lol, but then again so are most games and mine is as well.
Most events in my game check the stats of Lizzy and based on the stats give a certain outcome/choice(s). You may think this is not the case, but that is where you are wrong. Many, many events check if Lizzy is drunk, or high on weed, or stupid (low intel) or doesn't give a fuck (dignity low), or the difficulty setting, or something else or a combination of any of the above.
For instance, the simple event with a seagull on the beach is 3,5 pages in word if copied and pastes in a new empty document. Why? Because there are many exception & possibilities the game checks. If for instance Lizzy is drunk and a roll is higher then her luck + difficulty setting, she gets abused. If however she is pregnant and that roll would trigger the abuse, it shows something completely different. If however she is walking around with her bikini on, the roll doesn't even happen and she just lies there and takes a nap and the gull hits her on the head.
The event on that same beach where Lizzy is asked to show her boobs is 8 pages long. All because of the endless possibilities and choices there are.
You think these choices are not there, but they are. There are countless of these events. On the beach alone and only the part where Lizzy takes a nap there are 48 pages in total full of choices. So yeah...... I'm not taking that one seriously :p
-Yeah I really like my game and I'm happy you understand haha. I really appreciate feedback, but to say I am not open to outside ideas, then I can easily say that you've never checked this thread before as I'm sure many people here will tell you otherwise. Just check the changelog. Seriously check it and check all the ty's behind many bug fixes and changes to the game. I listen, and I even dare to say I listen better than a lot of the other developers out there. But certain things I simply will NOT change, just because I personally disagree with them. It is that simple. I make this game because I like it and the way I like it. As soon as I don't like playing this game anymore, the fun building it vanishes. I do not want that to happen ever. If I would have listened to every advice I have gotten so far, the game would have died 2 years ago, that is a fact. Please don't forget that.

No one pays me to make this game. No one needs to pay me to obtain the game. the game is free to play. It even says so on the main Patreon page. But people have kept asking me to create a Patreon page as they wanted to support me. So I did. That is also on the main page.
But your point is a valid one, or at least partially. I don't just spend one hour on it a month or something like that, I spend way way more, but not often a big block of time. Usually an hour in the morning, 30 minutes before lunch, 15 minutes here and there and in between etc etc. that is what I meant. If only I could spend a few days in a row on it without any interruptions... man that would be so awesome!

Hope the above clears some stuff up and that it doesn't come across as cocky as that was not intended. I appreciate the feedback and your honest thoughts and the time you took to write those honest thoughts as it always makes me think about the game in new ways/different angels.
So thank you and everyone else as well for your honest feedback. I hope you (all) appreciate my honest answers as well.

Cheers
BurningSun

That indeed clear lots of points, apologies for my previous post which probably sounded like a moral giver ^^

The part about the number of pages colored me surprised. I actually had no idea most of these events existed. And that actually also somehow prove the points that your events are a bit hars to get or too hidden. I'd guess probably nobody ever managed to get half of all these events in 1 playthrough.

Actually what might be an idea that doesn't involve changing the game or anything, would be creating a wikia of the game. It could help players know what, where, how to look for and what to find if they wishes to.
And it could allow you to just answers us troublemaker with "go see the wikia" :p

I would personnaly love to have a wikia, not something with spoilers or anything, but just as a roadmap or guide.
Ex: In the shower you can see this and that and that scene if you are happy and this and that.
nothing more, just giving the condition for events to those that would like to have them.

Reactions: Armelle69

Lechon

Feb 5, 2020
Lechon,
It should be impossible to miss Henry's payment.
Can you let me know how you missed it? Do you remember? Once I know how, then I can fix it. Right now I cannot seem to be able to skip him.

Thanks
BurningSun
1592146228063.png

There it is, it happens when you are at streets at night, I usually do city hopping during the nigh between Wednesday to Friday as always you have energy to continue it let you go, the first time I was using coke to keep the night.

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
BurningSun :

After you discover, The Dancing School, and you visit it the first time, it notes the classes that are available, and what requirements are needed to be met, in order to attend, and take part in those classes.

Case in point :

"Required; For Jazz: Sporting clothes or {dancing clothes} are required as well as either running shoes or dancing shoes. For Pole Dancing; A proper pole dance outfit."

The item between the { }, Where do you purchase these ? . . . Unlike the "dancing shoes", which can be purchased as the "named" item.

If I were to guess, (cause it's not obviously clear), you might be "thinking" of the "Dress", you buy to attend the Night Club, which is part of a Required set, with the Pumps, which are NOT called "dancing shoes", or even referenced as such, (so why would you believe, that we, would "jump-to-that-conclusion", as opposed, to looking to buy the "Dancing Clothes" to match the "Dancing Shoes" ? ), see my point ?

PS - "dancing clothes", implies more than just a dress, as in a set of items, as the "dancing shoes", are noted separately already, (as shown underlined, in that quote above), and would not be considered as part of the "dancing clothes" , by most people .

PS2 - Changing, "dancing clothes", to "dancing dress", would solve, one part of that problem, thus leaving, one to find that elusive "dancing" dress, as there is none to be found, to purchase, named as such :oops: !?

Hopefully, you realize, I'm not doing this just to "bust-your-chops". ;)

When I got to this point, my thoughts were, " dancing clothes", what the hell, Where do I buy these ? They are not, in any store I've seen so far ! Are they something, not-yet-implemented ? or Are they something named / know as , something else, like the "Dress", you buy to get into the Night Club ? maybe, but than at the least, reference it to that . " ( as in : "dancing clothes", (Night Club Dress), or (Dress used for the Night Club), if that's what he was implying . :unsure:

And that is why this posting exists :):rolleyes::unsure: .

EDIT #1:

Also noted, seems all classes, need you to wear a "specific" set of clothing, that needs to be purchased, (as in, spend more of your "hard-earned" cash :cry: ) . . . . except, "Ballroom Dancing" :oops: .
So, what is one supposed to wear, at this Dance Class, no clothing is specified ? . . . . . . Hmmmm, perhaps , NO clothing, as in NUDE :eek: ! ( just kidding, or not :ROFLMAO: )

While other styles of dancing, when they are practicing/taking a dance class, usually don't wear what they'd wear at a "Club", Job, etc., they'd wear casual /gym clothes to practice in.

Last edited:

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
BurningSun: Reference : Showering with the "Lesbians"

So far, there seems to be 2 main routes:
1 - Is a girl who asks for "Lizzy's" assistance to "wash" her back.
( I'm not sure if this route goes beyond washing her "back" or not, as I usually opt for the 2nd route)

2 - A girl notices Lizzy in the shower, and proceeds, to help her "wash" her body! If Lizzy allows it, she feels weird, and yet excited by it.
If , later in this route, Lizzy, still gives no resistance to this "help" the girl will proceed to "fondle", and eventually, "finger-fuck" Lizzy's vagina, causing her to Orgasm !

When Lizzy needs to shave, there are dialog choices :
1 - tells the girl, she can't "wash her back", due to her (Lizzy) needing to shave.
2 - tells the girl, she needs to shave, and doesn't want/need her help "washing" at this time.

This all leads to a request, regarding a "further" procession of these routes, as in, the girls proceed/offer, to "help" Lizzy shave, and as before, the player, can choose for Lizzy to resist their help, or give-in, and let them help ! (involving some steamy sex scenes :devilish:), furthering her Bi-sexual experiences (or for some who play her as lesbian, take her further down that path, if there is one ?)

Of course, this may already be planned, or even in game, ( and I have yet to "trigger" it to happen).

If not, then here is the "thought"/"suggestion" for them to be implemented / included to the game :giggle:.

EDIT #1 :
Was just thinking further, as Lizzy, has been visiting the Night Club, and how some actions there,( as in, going "Home" with a girl, & having sex), could "influence" her reactions, favorably with "giving-in" to the manipulations of the "showering lesbians" ! :giggle::devilish: (as in all those "checks", that are done , behind what we know or see, as you have stated many times in your explanations . . . . . yeah, I've been paying attention :sneaky:!)

Last edited:
Reactions: exhibitionista666

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
BurningSun:

"Henry?" you call, but there is no response.

Got this error :

{ Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: missing ) after argument list }

'He might be in trouble' you think as you wonder what to do. Then you see the keyhole and you instantly drop down on your knees and you take a peek.

While going through the "Henry & Bibi Relationship" Path ! . . . . just to let you know ;) (latest version, by-the-way) .

PS - Noticed this minor mistake :
"Bibi? The girl from next-door? "
{ actually, Henry said to you, (Lizzy), that she lived , one-floor upstairs, over your apartment, which is not "next-door" }
(if it was, it'd make trying to 'catch' her at home so much easier :whistle:) !

Last edited:

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
BurningSun:
Thanks for your answers.
Of course it's sane to create a game that YOU like above all.
And my opinion is... only my opinion, ok.
But that doesn't mean that some of my advices are to be taken lightly ;)
If you always answer "no, because" to anything people propose to you... Then you're stuck, and your game will collapse (or interest just a little portion of what it could have reach).
CHanging some things is not necessarily a treason : it can be an improivement.

The first thing I said, ok, it's maybe semantic question : what is "laughable easy" ?
In MY opinion, well, if you call it "laughable", it has to be... laughable. If someone chosses this difficulty mode, it's probably because he wants to test the game without playing it 250 hours, just to discover it's not for him. Or just he likes this sort of game bing really easy, without stress, and wants to discover the story (instead of living his every day life, once again).
Ok, it's better if you give some improvement in her money... But still, with 600 it won't be "easy" (even less laughable), it will only be "a-little-less-hardcore-but-still-much-more-difficult-than-IRL".
You wanted your game to be really hardcore. Like, much, much more difficult than it is in real life. It's your choice, ok, I absolutely can't understand that point of view (cause my stress level is already high enough IRL ^^ and I'm looking for a relief when I play tthis kind of games), but ok, why not.
BUT :
It's not realistic if it's too easy, of course ; but it's not reallistic neither if it's so much harder than IRL.

It's still your choice...
=> then just don't call this mode "laughable easy", if it's absolutely not true !! ;)
- Your "easy mode" has probably no real difference with the normal mode (regarding the fact that the previous "laughable" was nearly identic to "normal")
=> With the changes you implement in "laughable", maybe this level could be considered as "easy" ? Under the condition that these changes make indeed a perceptible difference with the "normal" mode.
=> then apply these changes to "easy mode", for it to have a reason to exist. It will still be harder than IRL, but, regarding the difficulty of what you consider "normal", it could fit the definition.
=> and delete the "laughable easy" mode.
And the day you'll really consider creating something "laughable easy", you'll do it. Something easy enough for people who play it can say "of, yes, it's laughable !".

You can't say that you wanted your game to be only hardcore, if you pretend to give the oportunity to choose the level of difficulty !
IMO : it's a great idea to give people that possibility. And I believe this has to be a really difficult thing to implement in the game. But you dit it. Or at least, you creat the oportuiniity to do it.
=> Then why the hell don't you adjust these levels to match the definitions you gave ?

The second thing is that there are limits, that really don't have any meaning.
I don't know if they are really that difficult to avoid, ok. But if you fight hard to keep these limits, you'll miss your goal.

- ok, wahing dishes, I understand that's something lik a bug if you wash dishes before going to work. You talk avbout fixing that => that's cool, cause it's en emergency. BUt not as much as the 2 following :

- why the hell can't I look for another job, while I'm a librarian ?
The first day I arrive, I find 3 joib oportunities. Great luck ! Proibably the only luck I will have in the whole game.
Then why 2 of them disappear as soon as I choose one of them ? (and I can't really choose the 3 of them, regarding I have to be pretty for modelling, and I'm not... rich enough to be pretty (which is another reaaaally strange point of view...))

- what is the point in playing the most ugly girl of the all town ? The only way to not be is to "cheat" with make-up, clothes, jewelry... And maybe with time, some tanning and sport I'll get some points... But always much lesser than can afford me a basic make-up

- Nobody has to be pretty to work as a librarian. So, I don't have to put any make-up. Make-up is expensive, someone who has no money won't put make-up for a job that absoluytely don't need it (and keep it for when she'll really need it).

=> These 3 are necessary for your game to be a bit realistic. These difficulties are free, without any meaning, that only destroy the realism (and the possibilities) of the game, without adding anything useful.

Reactions: 7layla

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
BurningSun:
And I forgot !
There are problems with the equilibrium of some stats.
Dignity increases too easily, while liberal collapses too fast. Is that because of the "laughable easy" (which would be a contradiction) ? Or is it worse in "normal" mode ?
Because when I'm (at last) brave enough to do something, and that everything is going well, there is no realistic reason for me to be afraid to do it again thereafter (topless at the beach, showing boobs to a stranger in a bus, mutual back-washing with another girl...).
It's amazingly frustrating when you make real huge efforts to be able to do tyhings, you manage to do them, and without any reason you can't anymore.

A simple shower can't decrease liberal nore increase dignity (because tou have a distinction between dignity and hygiene ; or dignity is ill defined)

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
That indeed clear lots of points, apologies for my previous post which probably sounded like a moral giver ^^

The part about the number of pages colored me surprised. I actually had no idea most of these events existed. And that actually also somehow prove the points that your events are a bit hars to get or too hidden. I'd guess probably nobody ever managed to get half of all these events in 1 playthrough.

Actually what might be an idea that doesn't involve changing the game or anything, would be creating a wikia of the game. It could help players know what, where, how to look for and what to find if they wishes to.
And it could allow you to just answers us troublemaker with "go see the wikia" :p

I would personally love to have a wikia, not something with spoilers or anything, but just as a roadmap or guide.
Ex: In the shower you can see this and that and that scene if you are happy and this and that.
nothing more, just giving the condition for events to those that would like to have them.
Stompai,
Haha I knew you were going to say that :)
Few things about that. First of all, I like the idea of not being able to do & see everything in one play through. If you've seen it all after one game, why ever play again? Having said that, the replayability depends on how fun things are to explore/find/run into. I guess that part is debatable.
Secondly, I guess there is truth in your remark. The main issue I personally think the game has is reason. Reason to go to the beach for example other then to try and find smut. That is not a good reason. Reason should be something like: I go to the beach to meet a person, or because Donny told me to get some selfies on the beach for the portfolio, etc. I'm working on that, but it is a slow progress. As soon as there is more reason, you will travel to the beach (or any other location) more often and therefore automatically run into things, rather then actively trying to find them.

Yes, many people have mentioned a wiki. I really don; mind creating one, but it takes a lot of time to write everything. So, for now, I've parked it until Amsterdam is finished.
View attachment 692507

There it is, it happens when you are at streets at night, I usually do city hopping during the nigh between Wednesday to Friday as always you have energy to continue it let you go, the first time I was using coke to keep the night.
Lechon,
Hmm I thought I had solved that issue. I will investigate it and see what I can do so it is not possible to skip Henry.

Thanks for letting me know.
BurningSun :

After you discover, The Dancing School, and you visit it the first time, it notes the classes that are available, and what requirements are needed to be met, in order to attend, and take part in those classes.

Case in point :

"Required; For Jazz: Sporting clothes or {dancing clothes} are required as well as either running shoes or dancing shoes. For Pole Dancing; A proper pole dance outfit."

The item between the { }, Where do you purchase these ? . . . Unlike the "dancing shoes", which can be purchased as the "named" item.

If I were to guess, (cause it's not obviously clear), you might be "thinking" of the "Dress", you buy to attend the Night Club, which is part of a Required set, with the Pumps, which are NOT called "dancing shoes", or even referenced as such, (so why would you believe, that we, would "jump-to-that-conclusion", as opposed, to looking to buy the "Dancing Clothes" to match the "Dancing Shoes" ? ), see my point ?

PS - "dancing clothes", implies more than just a dress, as in a set of items, as the "dancing shoes", are noted separately already, (as shown underlined, in that quote above), and would not be considered as part of the "dancing clothes" , by most people .

PS2 - Changing, "dancing clothes", to "dancing dress", would solve, one part of that problem, thus leaving, one to find that elusive "dancing" dress, as there is none to be found, to purchase, named as such :oops: !?

Hopefully, you realize, I'm not doing this just to "bust-your-chops". ;)

When I got to this point, my thoughts were, " dancing clothes", what the hell, Where do I buy these ? They are not, in any store I've seen so far ! Are they something, not-yet-implemented ? or Are they something named / know as , something else, like the "Dress", you buy to get into the Night Club ? maybe, but than at the least, reference it to that . " ( as in : "dancing clothes", (Night Club Dress), or (Dress used for the Night Club), if that's what he was implying . :unsure:

And that is why this posting exists :):rolleyes::unsure: .

EDIT #1:

Also noted, seems all classes, need you to wear a "specific" set of clothing, that needs to be purchased, (as in, spend more of your "hard-earned" cash :cry: ) . . . . except, "Ballroom Dancing" :oops: .
So, what is one supposed to wear, at this Dance Class, no clothing is specified ? . . . . . . Hmmmm, perhaps , NO clothing, as in NUDE :eek: ! ( just kidding, or not :ROFLMAO: )

While other styles of dancing, when they are practicing/taking a dance class, usually don't wear what they'd wear at a "Club", Job, etc., they'd wear casual /gym clothes to practice in.
Hey Highland_Hunter,

There are no dancing clothes, only pole dancing clothes.
I've adjusted the text to:"Required; For Jazz: Sporting clothes or {any type of dancing clothes} are required as well as either running shoes or dancing shoes. For Pole Dancing; A proper pole dance outfit."
So either Pole dancing clothes or Sporting clothes are required.

No all dancing lessons require one of those two; sporting clothes or pole dancing clothes. In the future, maybe a balerina outfit.. who knows.

Thanks for letting me know about the dancing clothes.
BurningSun

3.30 star(s) 45 Votes