BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
No problem. I'm glad you found them useful. As a player of your game there is one thing I want you to do about it. Please release the game once there is enough improvement, content and less bugs. I know you are the only one to decide what to do about the game and I don't want to put my nose in your business but I'd rather wait for a long time than playing it unfinished. I'm sure many people think same as me. I understand you need to earn money from your game (Though I don't know if you earn) but making players happy with your job will surely open more doors in the future. This was just a simple advice from me. As I said you are the only one to shape the game. Good luck with with the development. Let us know about the news :D
I'm not earning any money with it. I make it purely cuz I want to. A lot of people told me to get a Patreon page up and I may do it to be able to receive donations or the like, but the game will remain free.

The main 2 bugs in V0.8.2 are due to me trying to get a bugfix out just before Xmas. The Bibi bug is a typo and the disappearing money is a weird bug, but also created by myself to help people with the money issues; basically the idea was to get everyone a bit more salary for each of the jobs, but somehow the change of one number (3.5 to 3.4) messed it all up.

Anyway, there will always be bugs as long as stuff is being added. It is impossible for me to test every part of the game every time I add something. Of course I try and minimize it as much as possible!

Cheers
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
HI... But where can I find this error to fix? I Have open with note pad the html file but I can't find it... I'm not good with this stuff XD
I've never opened the game in notepad, so no idea how it looks, but the Bibi error is in the passage called Bibi. So perhaps if you look for that you may find it. Also Bibi does not appear a lot in the game yet so a general search for her name may do the trick as well.

OR.... wait a few days for V0.8.2.5. I'm testing it at the moment and hopefully I can release it in the next couple (3-4) days.

Cheers
BurningSun

Sep 10, 2017
but the Bibi error is in the passage called Bibi.
It is definitely - sadly - not as easy as that once twine has "compiled" it. It is all over the place (i.e. beach events aren't all in one nifty area) and that's just simply nothing you can do about how it looks to us end users.

Once given a pointer by someone else, however, "if $Bibi is 5 or>" is easily traceable by simply using a ctrl + F and simply editing that part, because that's one end user telling the other end user what it looks like.

As for your issue with 3.4 and 3.5, I suppose it is related to a math.floor where 3.5 would simply end up with a full value while 3.4 would end up with a less than full value. This is just a wild guess on my part however. But my hunch is simply that it doesn't seem to be capable of storing less than a full value to your $cash variable. I assume the way it is declared (or how sugarcube/twine interprets it) makes it so that a . value in a variable causes it to think it is a string instead of an integer.

I've had something similar happen in a programming language that tried to declare value types to variables if it wasn't explicitly declared. i.e. if it read "3" it would be a simple 4 byte value, if it started reading "3.4" it might either flip a coin and say "THAT'S A DOUBLE!" or be like "There's a . in there so it may actually be a string, let's go with that!".

Try fooling around with either making sure variables are set to a certain value type or make sure that the final value for cash earnings/losses are rounded up or down. That'll very likely fix it.

poiman

Apr 10, 2017
Ok, we have to admit its grindy, that is not bad - bad thing is we Totaly Cant control this grind. Where we can search for Club? O ten Where we can find shop? I need place for some chill but dont know Where to find it... Think about that - you run from house to Total different place and need to *find yourself* there, how do you Will do it? Walk randomly around Town? I bet not. You can use web to search for such places, you dont have Access to web? Ask someone Where you can find such places... Ah ye, you are too shy? Well, you can search by yourself!
Meybe to reduce *random grind* you could Totaly remove *nothing interested happening eventd* and add *specyfic search* like *search for fun place* which could decrease by Little chance for event which increase dignity and increase Chance for liberal event? Also Meybe more description how to get certain events, like me - i play this game a lot and to be honest, i never run onto rape event :( ... My suggestion is:
1) Remove hour restrictions, now we HAVE to sleep afer 23 add we Cant Wake UP earlier like 7 - we could have something like *energy drop To 0 then we need sleep, no matter about which hour there is.
2) great increase chance for negative events in night.

I like this *New events* in v8 Where we have possibility to choice few options, that give bit control over Our char.
this is good game, keep improving it.

Best regards m8, English is not mine native language, have hope you could understand anything :D

nick148

Aug 11, 2016
HI... But where can I find this error to fix? I Have open with note pad the html file but I can't find it... I'm not good with this stuff XD
There must be an option to search in your notepad... just seach "if $Bibi is 5 or&gt" (without the marks). I dont know if it variates from language to language, but in spanish the seach option is with ctrl + b.

Reactions: Dario8383

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
It is definitely - sadly - not as easy as that once twine has "compiled" it.
It is very easy to do if you use the correct tool for the job, which is the Twine application.

For this particular game you will need a copy of the Twine v1.4.2 application and a copy of the SugarCube v1.0.34 story format, then you can simple import the 'compiled' HTML file into the application and then safely edit your own copy of the story project as you see fit.

Doing it this way means you don't have to worry about accidentally getting the escaping of the relevant HTML reserved characters / symbols wrong, which can result in a broken game.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Hi all,

quick update regarding the release of V0.8.2.5. This version will kill a lot of bugs, including the 2 major ones with Bibi and Henry. I was ready to release it on Saturday, but on a final run I encountered the disappearing money bug again which I though I had fixed by reverting all changes.

So I've spent the last 3 days trying to find the bug, but have been unable to. So I've decided to re-write the complete payment passage. This has been done now and I no longer encounter the bug. The only thing I need to do now is balance the payments. It appeared there were several minor bug in the old passage preventing proper payouts. Due to the changes I've made now, payouts are sometimes as high as 100Euros at the start of a career. I'm sure a lot would like this change, but I will need to balance it a little. But don't worry, payouts will surely be higher and surely the player (you) will have a lot more influence on it now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So balancing the payouts will take a few more days I'm afraid, but won't be long now.

Take care all and thanks again for all your bug reports & your patience.
BurningSun

Edit: Just encountered the no cash bug again!!! BUT found the true culprit finally. It was hiding in the code all along. Now fixed for sure (fingers crossed). Let the testing commence.
Edit2: Forgot to mention that old saves seem to work. At least mine do (tested it from V0.8.0).

Sep 10, 2017
Edit: Just encountered the no cash bug again!!!
BUT found the true culprit finally. It was hiding in the code all along. Now fixed for sure (fingers crossed). Let the testing commence.
Was it related to what I mentioned earlier? I'm curious! Great that you managed to squish it. Hopefully we'll see it released soon :D

kars

Mar 6, 2017
Hey BurningSun !

thanks for your work !

Can you release the V0.8.2.5 for those who aren't disturbed by the cash balancing ? ;)

Reactions: Dario8383

Alexia@69

Jan 10, 2018
Hey! I love your game, and while the grind is not my favorite part I love the slow corruption thing about it.

Could I perhaps suggest some sort of job in which you start out normally with a kind and "protecting" boss or superior but which slowly turns into that "guardian" taking advantage of you and using you to satisfy other people? I guess it would be similar to the new Maid job, but Sarah didn't really participate. Perhaps it could be added to it? I personally loved the Maid job, especially the last parts (not too much of a fan about the ending, though) and, besides some aspects of the Fashion job, I think the Maid one was the best out of all currently available ones (in my opinion). An example of the relationship between the "boss" and Lizzy would be the Guardian from the "Perverted Education" game, also on TFGames.

Another quick question: there are some gifs of characters having sex in the shower, are they used? And if so, how do they trigger?

Also, are there other threads/forums where you are active/take advice from?

Thanks again for working on such an awesome game!

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Was it related to what I mentioned earlier? I'm curious! Great that you managed to squish it. Hopefully we'll see it released soon :D
Actually it was not. I did check it though :), but that part of the code is still in. Actually 99% of the code is still in, just ordered differently. The real culprit were a few variables that were undefined. As soon as that happens the calculation result is nothing; resulting in the EUROS without a number in front of it. I believe I found them all now, so now just testing and balancing the payouts.

Cheers
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Hey! I love your game, and while the grind is not my favorite part I love the slow corruption thing about it.

Could I perhaps suggest some sort of job in which you start out normally with a kind and "protecting" boss or superior but which slowly turns into that "guardian" taking advantage of you and using you to satisfy other people? I guess it would be similar to the new Maid job, but Sarah didn't really participate. Perhaps it could be added to it? I personally loved the Maid job, especially the last parts (not too much of a fan about the ending, though) and, besides some aspects of the Fashion job, I think the Maid one was the best out of all currently available ones (in my opinion). An example of the relationship between the "boss" and Lizzy would be the Guardian from the "Perverted Education" game, also on TFGames.

Another quick question: there are some gifs of characters having sex in the shower, are they used? And if so, how do they trigger?

Also, are there other threads/forums where you are active/take advice from?

Thanks again for working on such an awesome game!
I'm happy that you like it.
At the moment I will not be adding any new jobs really, but the Flower shop job ending is still pending and it may contain elements of what you are asking for. Not 100% sure yet though.

They are used and are hard to trigger. Shower at odd hours is one way to find it.

The main forum I'm active in is the one on this site:
You'll need to create an account like on this site to access the forums. I update the game there and update the links to download the game there as well.
On my game you'll find one post with about 130odd pages of questions, bug reports, fixes etc.

Cheers
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Hi all,

Version 0.8.2.5 is out. It fixes a lot of bugs (and hopefully has not created new ones!).

I've tested the payments for about 6hours in total... bwah no fun, but all seems to work properly now. Below an overview of the changes in this version for those who are interested. Thanks all for your input and patience!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

laladon

Aug 24, 2016
the missing mega-downloadlink from burningsuns tf site

tfsite:

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
If you've downloaded the game and run into an error at the start of the flower job, redownload the file please. Had to quickly fixed a small bug.

Cheers
BurningSun

kushiel124

Apr 12, 2017
Problem with this game is that you can't earn enough money to advance without some random lucky events. Photoshoot job earns you about 120 week while rent alone is 150 and to advance in the job you need to buy items and treaments also.

3.30 star(s) 45 Votes