Hahn1900

Formerly 'Hahn81'
Jan 3, 2021
This is actually the internal test version, to members, the official version will be launched only on the 19th! ~
yeah thought so too, DEV has to do some work til then ^^ but now i know the officiel release-date, thanks. This game looks really good, i didnt like the MC first, in the prologue he is kinda an asshole, and the friend Ron too (would ditch that guy in an instant) But after the prologue the game is getting much better, cause you can decide how the MC is acting... kinda, be the nice or the bad guy thing... this worked much better for me. So i look forward to the official release.

amBest

Jul 18, 2017
Outside of some downright pedestrian, "obviously not play tested at all" bugs. Like calling image "LB_32_1" when the image is actually "LB32_1" ...
OUTSIDE OF THESE REALLY STUPID BUGS THAT SHOULD NEVER BE IN A FINISHED BUILD!

The game is outstanding. Oh ... my ... god. The sister and aunt most of all. But fuck it, everything is awesome!

Does someone here know more renpy? I'm trying to see if I can fix some of the scenes.
So scenario:

Python:
image sam_massageup = Movie(start_image="sam_top_first",play="/videos/update1/laurenmas/sam_massageup.webm" , loop = True)
scene sam_massageup with dissolve
scene SAM_21 with dissolve
He is loading a video in sam_massageup, and then calling "scene the-video-I-just-mentioned". Nexted he's calling a scene SAM_21 that is also a photo that's trying to laod, but the game is in conflict since the video should still be up, I think.

There's two scenarios and different problems in different parts of the code:

#1 The video should end so that the next immage "scene" can load. How to stop the video?
#2 Sometimes the scene name and photo are not the same, that is EASILY fixed by just changing "scene lb_13" into "scene lb13" and voila. Works.

EDIT

Nop, no idea why some of the SAM_X_Y images are not loading. There's no name conflict. There's no image looping over them or something like that. I just don't know renpy so that's up to someone else to figure out.

EDIT2

Managed to fix it:

Python:
image SAM_7_1 = "/images/update1/SAM/SAM_7_1.webp"
scene SAM_7_1
I literally have NO idea why it manages to load EACH AND EVERY OTHER IMAGE with just "scene [imageName]" but here it can't. There's no name conflict, no nothing. Literally everything else works, but a couple of images here refuse to.
Maybe something got screwy in the UNREN process and in the actual code there's a clearer situation. REGARDLESS, for people who want to fix their own game, these are the solutions.

-------------------------------------------------------

SOLUTION TO FIX THE GAME YOURSELF

Sadly, I'm a lazy bastard. I just went fast forward through the game to see if it's worth my time. Yes, it absolutely is. I've bookmarked it. I'll come back in 6 months or so to see how it has progressed. But I won't play it for real. And thus I won't fix it.
So for anyone who wants to fix the game, this is the solution:

1. Download VS Code
2. In the game's "game" folder, create a plain file (not a .txt file) called "workspace.code-workspace". YOU MUST HAVE FILE TYPES ENABLED. IF YOU DON'T SEE ".EXE" AND OTHER SUCH STUFF, YOU DON'T HAVE IT TURNED ON.
3. Open it with notepad, or anything NOT VS CODE. Then paste the following:

Code:
{
    "folders": [
        {
            "path": "."
        }
    ],
    "settings": {
        "files.exclude": {
            "**/.git": true,
            "**/.svn": true,
            "**/.hg": true,
            "**/CVS": true,
            "**/.DS_Store": true,
            "**/Thumbs.db": true,
            "**/*.rpyc": true,
            "**/*.rpa": true,
            "**/*.txt": true,
            "**/*.jpg": true,
            "**/*.mp3": true,
            "**/*.wav": true,
            "**/*.ogg": true,
            "**/*.png": true,
            "**/*.jpeg": true,
            "**/*.rpyb": true,
            "**/*.webp": true
        }
    }
}
4. Open the file from step #2, THIS TIME WITH VS CODE. This will create a workspace with more or less only ".rpy" files.
5. CTRL + SHIFT + F -> Search in all folders
6. In the search bar, type in a spoken line, one from right before the bug. This will take you in the code to where that happened.
7. Before the scene that's broken, properly load the image.

Python:
scene SAM_7_1
Where the second line "scene SAM_7_1" existed before you got involved, but the first line did not. Here "SAM_7_1" is just an example. It tries to load the image "/images/update1/SAM/SAM_7_1.webp". But for some reason fails. Sometimes it's because the name is wrong and IRL it's SAM7_1 instead of SAM_7_1. OTHER TIMES IT'S PERFECTLY CORRECT. But the engine or whatever fucks up. If you type in the full path, and the image extension, it should work. For me it absolutely does work.

For the extra nooby among you, here is how paths works:

* Even if you're on windows where paths use backslashes, use a forward slash anyway
* The absolute first slash "/" means "root directory as far as this program is concerned", which is the game's "game" folder.
* Then find the file "/images/update-folder/character-and-scene-folder/image-name-and-file-type"
* Where you might have to turn on some setting to see file type termination. I'm too lazy to google this, but you can do it yourself.

Hope this helps. I doubt I'll fix the game for myself. Otherwise I'd post the fix here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soggy Bread

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
I am on lover path as on meeting with Sario after the Dave incident I chose the other option i.e. You are right so that is the lover path I suppose but after visiting the police station and speaking to Detective Ludwig when I come to Sario's place the dialogues are for the criminal path. I am a bit confused as to what to do in this case. Can someone tell me what to do or maybe I made a wrong choice somewhere. I am using the Electro mod

Anony9876

Aug 27, 2021
Can someone tell me where to find the key when you go to talk to the detective and you need to free a gang member?
Also is it true that the game is buggy and i should wait for the updated version?

homarkc

Nov 12, 2018
The update is definitely bugged! Besides the obvious missing images during the playthrough, I can't finish the last event with mom in the criminal path (the scene is unlocked in the gallery, though).
BTW, does any one know how to unlock circled scene below? Does it depend on the path, or some earlier choices (about Sophie, perhaps)? Because I tried both lover and criminal paths, and it remained locked.
Missing scene.jpg

Reactions: maradona6666

RemFTW

Jan 16, 2022
I created one (however its a bit more a result of my completionist tendencies than being super simple)

Life in Santa County v.0.4.3 Walkthrough

View attachment 1670850

Local: View attachment 1670851
Google Drive: Google Drive

Edit: (20220221) include more collectibles, extra Milestone and some formatting fixes
Edit2: (20220221) added missing panty (2nd Lauren) and missing interaction (bathroom)
Edit3: (20220223) updated to 0.4.3 (fixed Iris/guitar scene, extra collectible)
wen update?

Potoum

Apr 28, 2018
For those having issue with 'is not a valid Win32 application'...
1652524712176.png
It's because of win7. win10 will not display that error.
It has to do with the size/bit color depth of icon inside the .EXE
I use a tool call...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Which allow modifying icon inside .EXE, and I simply replace it by the default Renpy one
I've attach both file modify using the default Renpy icon.
If you don't trust a random guy on the internet(and you shouldn't) you can do it yourself :geek:

Last edited:
Reactions: despelote

Cephsus

Apr 8, 2022
Im trying this because im having a heap of problems loading "image". Im not a coder so this is abit confusing for me.

You say create a folder named "workspace.code-workspace" and open it with notepad. Do you mean text instead of folder? Because i have no idea how to open a folder with notepad. So i tried text file > open with notepad copy/past what you wrote > save > open with VS Code and search, search come up empty. What am i doing wrong? :/

/Edit No worries, this way over my head. Im reading its getting a release on 16 or was 19th. So ill just wait. ;)

Outside of some downright pedestrian, "obviously not play tested at all" bugs. Like calling image "LB_32_1" when the image is actually "LB32_1" ...
OUTSIDE OF THESE REALLY STUPID BUGS THAT SHOULD NEVER BE IN A FINISHED BUILD!

The game is outstanding. Oh ... my ... god. The sister and aunt most of all. But fuck it, everything is awesome!

Does someone here know more renpy? I'm trying to see if I can fix some of the scenes.
So scenario:

Python:
image sam_massageup = Movie(start_image="sam_top_first",play="/videos/update1/laurenmas/sam_massageup.webm" , loop = True)
scene sam_massageup with dissolve
scene SAM_21 with dissolve
He is loading a video in sam_massageup, and then calling "scene the-video-I-just-mentioned". Nexted he's calling a scene SAM_21 that is also a photo that's trying to laod, but the game is in conflict since the video should still be up, I think.

There's two scenarios and different problems in different parts of the code:

#1 The video should end so that the next immage "scene" can load. How to stop the video?
#2 Sometimes the scene name and photo are not the same, that is EASILY fixed by just changing "scene lb_13" into "scene lb13" and voila. Works.

EDIT

Nop, no idea why some of the SAM_X_Y images are not loading. There's no name conflict. There's no image looping over them or something like that. I just don't know renpy so that's up to someone else to figure out.

EDIT2

Managed to fix it:

Python:
scene SAM_7_1
I literally have NO idea why it manages to load EACH AND EVERY OTHER IMAGE with just "scene [imageName]" but here it can't. There's no name conflict, no nothing. Literally everything else works, but a couple of images here refuse to.
Maybe something got screwy in the UNREN process and in the actual code there's a clearer situation. REGARDLESS, for people who want to fix their own game, these are the solutions.

Last edited:

danforce

Jun 10, 2019
Even with the huge content every update, game seems to be a
for about a year
This is the trend now with games. Next update is probably going to be an even
. Guess even in games like this people are getting the
treatment.

• Sad
Reactions: Kame-Sennin
3.90 star(s) 183 Votes