DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
I looked through the images after finishing and noticed the last scene at the end seems to be longer but i cant access it.. am i missing some hidden stat or is it just bugged? Here is the scene.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: f4f4

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
yes, maybe I should have said "what makes this game unique?" on my original post so it was clearer what I was talking about, Also just to clarify I wasn't judging, I was more of wanting to know what makes the story amazing to that person in a genuine way.
The writing was at best mediocre the last time I played and the plot seems fairly generic, but the graphics are decent and there's more emphasis on the "game" aspect than many of the titles on here, with free roam sections playing a significant part. Personally I find those incredibly tedious, but they may appeal to some people.

Reactions: boh and TundraLupus

f4f4

Jul 4, 2018
what variable do i need to tell the truth here?
Im in the same page as you. Really trynna get that. I think its related to the "Yes I am one of them" grayed out option. I stood loyal to the 4.3 walkthrough so I think the problem is in this update. I also nailed the date and tried different post-date choices, but no results. If anyone can lend a hand please do so. I hate knowing I couldn't get the best variable scene available.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Hm really buggy, as i get it, this version wasnt supposed to get leaked.

there arent just missing pictures, there are some huge plotholes too cause of missing scenes... stopped short after the massge to Lauren, this version is clearly fucked up, shouldnt have been uploaded.

lfxyf001

Mar 15, 2021
Hm really buggy, as i get it, this version wasnt supposed to get leaked.

there arent just missing pictures, there are some huge plotholes too cause of missing scenes... stopped short after the massge to Lauren, this version is clearly fucked up, shouldnt have been uploaded.
This is actually the internal test version, to members, the official version will be launched only on the 19th! ~

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
This is actually the internal test version, to members, the official version will be launched only on the 19th! ~
yeah thought so too, DEV has to do some work til then ^^ but now i know the officiel release-date, thanks. This game looks really good, i didnt like the MC first, in the prologue he is kinda an asshole, and the friend Ron too (would ditch that guy in an instant) But after the prologue the game is getting much better, cause you can decide how the MC is acting... kinda, be the nice or the bad guy thing... this worked much better for me. So i look forward to the official release.

amBest

Jul 18, 2017
Outside of some downright pedestrian, "obviously not play tested at all" bugs. Like calling image "LB_32_1" when the image is actually "LB32_1" ...
OUTSIDE OF THESE REALLY STUPID BUGS THAT SHOULD NEVER BE IN A FINISHED BUILD!

The game is outstanding. Oh ... my ... god. The sister and aunt most of all. But fuck it, everything is awesome!

Does someone here know more renpy? I'm trying to see if I can fix some of the scenes.
So scenario:

Python:
image sam_massageup = Movie(start_image="sam_top_first",play="/videos/update1/laurenmas/sam_massageup.webm" , loop = True)
scene sam_massageup with dissolve
scene SAM_21 with dissolve
He is loading a video in sam_massageup, and then calling "scene the-video-I-just-mentioned". Nexted he's calling a scene SAM_21 that is also a photo that's trying to laod, but the game is in conflict since the video should still be up, I think.

There's two scenarios and different problems in different parts of the code:

#1 The video should end so that the next immage "scene" can load. How to stop the video?
#2 Sometimes the scene name and photo are not the same, that is EASILY fixed by just changing "scene lb_13" into "scene lb13" and voila. Works.

EDIT

Nop, no idea why some of the SAM_X_Y images are not loading. There's no name conflict. There's no image looping over them or something like that. I just don't know renpy so that's up to someone else to figure out.

EDIT2

Managed to fix it:

Python:
image SAM_7_1 = "/images/update1/SAM/SAM_7_1.webp"
scene SAM_7_1
I literally have NO idea why it manages to load EACH AND EVERY OTHER IMAGE with just "scene [imageName]" but here it can't. There's no name conflict, no nothing. Literally everything else works, but a couple of images here refuse to.
Maybe something got screwy in the UNREN process and in the actual code there's a clearer situation. REGARDLESS, for people who want to fix their own game, these are the solutions.

-------------------------------------------------------

SOLUTION TO FIX THE GAME YOURSELF

Sadly, I'm a lazy bastard. I just went fast forward through the game to see if it's worth my time. Yes, it absolutely is. I've bookmarked it. I'll come back in 6 months or so to see how it has progressed. But I won't play it for real. And thus I won't fix it.
So for anyone who wants to fix the game, this is the solution:

1. Download VS Code
2. In the game's "game" folder, create a plain file (not a .txt file) called "workspace.code-workspace". YOU MUST HAVE FILE TYPES ENABLED. IF YOU DON'T SEE ".EXE" AND OTHER SUCH STUFF, YOU DON'T HAVE IT TURNED ON.
3. Open it with notepad, or anything NOT VS CODE. Then paste the following:

Code:
{
    "folders": [
        {
            "path": "."
        }
    ],
    "settings": {
        "files.exclude": {
            "**/.git": true,
            "**/.svn": true,
            "**/.hg": true,
            "**/CVS": true,
            "**/.DS_Store": true,
            "**/Thumbs.db": true,
            "**/*.rpyc": true,
            "**/*.rpa": true,
            "**/*.txt": true,
            "**/*.jpg": true,
            "**/*.mp3": true,
            "**/*.wav": true,
            "**/*.ogg": true,
            "**/*.png": true,
            "**/*.jpeg": true,
            "**/*.rpyb": true,
            "**/*.webp": true
        }
    }
}
4. Open the file from step #2, THIS TIME WITH VS CODE. This will create a workspace with more or less only ".rpy" files.
5. CTRL + SHIFT + F -> Search in all folders
6. In the search bar, type in a spoken line, one from right before the bug. This will take you in the code to where that happened.
7. Before the scene that's broken, properly load the image.

Python:
image SAM_7_1 = "/images/update1/SAM/SAM_7_1.webp"
scene SAM_7_1
Where the second line "scene SAM_7_1" existed before you got involved, but the first line did not. Here "SAM_7_1" is just an example. It tries to load the image "/images/update1/SAM/SAM_7_1.webp". But for some reason fails. Sometimes it's because the name is wrong and IRL it's SAM7_1 instead of SAM_7_1. OTHER TIMES IT'S PERFECTLY CORRECT. But the engine or whatever fucks up. If you type in the full path, and the image extension, it should work. For me it absolutely does work.

For the extra nooby among you, here is how paths works:

* Even if you're on windows where paths use backslashes, use a forward slash anyway
* The absolute first slash "/" means "root directory as far as this program is concerned", which is the game's "game" folder.
* Then find the file "/images/update-folder/character-and-scene-folder/image-name-and-file-type"
* Where you might have to turn on some setting to see file type termination. I'm too lazy to google this, but you can do it yourself.

Hope this helps. I doubt I'll fix the game for myself. Otherwise I'd post the fix here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soggy Bread

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
I am on lover path as on meeting with Sario after the Dave incident I chose the other option i.e. You are right so that is the lover path I suppose but after visiting the police station and speaking to Detective Ludwig when I come to Sario's place the dialogues are for the criminal path. I am a bit confused as to what to do in this case. Can someone tell me what to do or maybe I made a wrong choice somewhere. I am using the Electro mod

3.80 star(s) 185 Votes