Maxirox

May 6, 2021
Its good that the game will focus more on relationships like lauren arc is good till now but iris arc is bit rushed as she falls for MC instantly will get more story on her character but what about the saves it will not work on the new update. As the players have to play from the start to overwrite the saves it will be like repeating the gameplay

Reactions: MAD6999

bobtheguy364

Nov 24, 2023
lol dont tell me its gonna be on other lauren update wasent the last one all about her tho, iris and camille shoud be getting some action.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
It might just be a big everybody update. My future grandkids will love it.
I hope you already made some work in that regard.
After all to have grandkids to finish the game,you first need to produce their mother(or father).

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021

Hey everyone, I'm Moody. As you know, we've been working on a new update for quite a while now. As mentioned earlier, we discussed significant changes we intend to make in the game. Let me explain the extent and reasons behind these changes.
I presume the first question that comes to mind for all of you is "Why are you doing this?" Both Fenriz and I initially started this project with the primary goal of creating a game. At the outset, we didn't have enough knowledge or experience, but that didn't stop us. Through trial and error along the way, we've brought ourselves to a certain point, content with what we've achieved so far.
However, we're not satisfied with the current state of the game. Whether it's the story, gameplay, writing style, plot, or even animations, none of these have ever reached a satisfactory level for us. We're aware that many people are content with these aspects, suggesting that just adding content through regular updates without any further modifications would suffice. We also know we could keep everyone happy by consistently releasing the same content. But especially in the current state of the game when it's getting harder and harder for us mentally to create something. Since the inception of this game's development, we've been experimenting with things. And what we're doing now is not for today but for creating much better content in the future. Frankly, we don't care much about the opinions or expectations of those who demand, "Throw in the same content we want, then go make it again."
For almost two years, we've had a game structure in mind, something we've dreamed of creating. At that time, we lacked the mental capacity, but now we're saying we can do it, and we're doing it. Let me make it clear right from the start that the essence of the main characters we've created so far won't be lost. However, we're completely changing the structure of the game, the storyline, the events—anything that we didn't like, deemed unnecessary, or felt didn't fit into the game's context, has been removed. We reworked all the old sequences that we felt didn't fit well with the game. And we've completed more work than expected, which makes us happy. We've made it much fresher, smoother, and more enjoyable. We've strengthened the characters' development by adding beautiful sequences we previously wanted to include but couldn't find the opportunity for, and we're continuing to do so. By turning the game into a sandbox, it allows us to develop the characters in a much better and desired manner, and we're seizing this opportunity.
Let me give you specific examples of the storytelling for each character:
REWORK
Iris:
Contrary to the regular update content, Iris will not only have the camping sequence and the expected content but also an additional 10 new sequences, a more detailed and diverse plot, and much better events.
Lauren: We're adding nine new sequences that we felt were missing in her story and that we'd like to see in the game.
Chloe: We're adding seven new sequences to her story.
Sophie: Sophie didn't require much, so we're adding only one sequence.
Charlotte: She's joining the game from the very beginning, and besides her sequences with Chloe, we're adding seven more sequences.
Lauren-Chloe: Two new sequences for them.
Chloe-Charlotte: Three new sequences for them.
School and characters: I won't even involve the school in this. That is a subject for another day.
Prologue: Completely changing it and reconstructing it with a different narrative.
I can almost say that this is like a new game. Changing the game's structure provides us with a lot more flexibility and the ability to add more content compared to the game's current structure. The new update will still have a high number of scenes, but in terms of animation, it will be our most significant content to date. More than half of the new sequences added will involve animations. At the core, the reason for such a radical change in the game is to offer regular and content-rich updates. Providing an incredible storytelling experience has never been our strong suit or main goal. Our sole aim was to make a good game. We want everyone who follows our work and supports us to know this and support us accordingly. Despite facing many challenges so far, most of our supporters have been with us not just for an update but throughout the entire process. I'm genuinely grateful to all of them. Even if the support we receive for this decreases, we'll still proceed with LISC and see it in the way we envisioned.
Let me briefly explain why we're announcing this now. While we had started our regular update, we were also working on the underlying structure of the game for a few updates now. We realized that our experiments had reached a sufficient level, but we wanted to conduct a few more to be sure. Eventually, we became confident that we could overcome this challenge, and thus, we made our decision. If we hadn't taken this step, we'd always have regretted not doing so. Even if our support diminishes during this process, we'll continue on this path and realize LISC as we've imagined it. I hope you'll share this journey with us and experience the result alongside us. Even if LISC ends, we'll ensure it concludes the way we want it to.
Regarding the remaining tasks, this new situation has, of course, demanded a substantial amount of new animations, new scenes, and a significant need for scripting. We've completed most of the sequences, finished writing the scripts, and there's a considerable amount of animation yet to be done. Our target release date on Patreon is the end of January. The Steam release will come shortly after Patreon. If you've read this absurdly long text all the way here, thank you. When I pile up the devlogs and release them all at once, it turns out like this; nothing much to do about it. During this process, the best thing we can do for you is to release plenty of previews and answer any questions you have on your mind. At least I'm getting it out in the end, let's say that. I wish you all an amazing week. Remember, you can reach out on Discord or Patreon with any questions you have, and I'll answer when I'm available. Moody out. Lots to do!
Thanks for posting...

Well, that settles it i think... The DEVs didnt have a plan at all for the game, thaught that much already cause every second scene the game goes in a another direction. The whole game is pretty much winged on the spot. Not a good way to go about it. Now they realise "oh shit, things will not work out this way" and reworks are coming. And again it doesnt seem like they planned what to do afterwards.

I love many things about the game, but always thaught, they try to pull off a story they cant handle with too many branches too and that most things are growing over their head. Some DEVs are able to handle branches, and even a ridiculous amount of them (like DPC) but most cannot... and most DEVs around here, especially DEV-Teams dont plan their games through. This is the same with LiSC, and the DEV report confirmed that.

Maybe they change their working-style now, change the game and plan ahead until the end, but i doubt it. I really hope my gut-feeling is wrong about this, cause this game could be one of the absolute best, but so far... its a little messy plotwise, and they struggle to handle the branches, which will kill the game at some point. But the interactions between the characters are top notch... especially with Iris and Lauren. But if you add plot and branches... they have to work, and they do not work so far and are a huge part of the game, but sadly the worst part of it too.

Hopefully they will change the whole game for the better without screwing up the relationships, cause they worked fine so far... at least mostly.

Kokodeska

Feb 24, 2021
damn the story of this game is trash jeez but the character design is excellent maybe hire some good writer for the story you can't have it all dev okay

i take back my word okay maybe im pissed off because of dave and mc can't do nothing about it, but after that shitty intro man i love the author dominant path so my bad.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 185 Votes