SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
When will a preview finally come out? When will the update be ready? Is there any news?
I guess you didn't read the post....

Our target release date on Patreon is the end of January. The Steam release will come shortly after Patreon. If you've read this absurdly long text all the way here, thank you.

Hey everyone, I'm Moody. As you know, we've been working on a new update for quite a while now. As mentioned earlier, we discussed significant changes we intend to make in the game. Let me explain the extent and reasons behind these changes.
I presume the first question that comes to mind for all of you is "Why are you doing this?" Both Fenriz and I initially started this project with the primary goal of creating a game. At the outset, we didn't have enough knowledge or experience, but that didn't stop us. Through trial and error along the way, we've brought ourselves to a certain point, content with what we've achieved so far.
However, we're not satisfied with the current state of the game. Whether it's the story, gameplay, writing style, plot, or even animations, none of these have ever reached a satisfactory level for us. We're aware that many people are content with these aspects, suggesting that just adding content through regular updates without any further modifications would suffice. We also know we could keep everyone happy by consistently releasing the same content. But especially in the current state of the game when it's getting harder and harder for us mentally to create something. Since the inception of this game's development, we've been experimenting with things. And what we're doing now is not for today but for creating much better content in the future. Frankly, we don't care much about the opinions or expectations of those who demand, "Throw in the same content we want, then go make it again."
For almost two years, we've had a game structure in mind, something we've dreamed of creating. At that time, we lacked the mental capacity, but now we're saying we can do it, and we're doing it. Let me make it clear right from the start that the essence of the main characters we've created so far won't be lost. However, we're completely changing the structure of the game, the storyline, the events—anything that we didn't like, deemed unnecessary, or felt didn't fit into the game's context, has been removed. We reworked all the old sequences that we felt didn't fit well with the game. And we've completed more work than expected, which makes us happy. We've made it much fresher, smoother, and more enjoyable. We've strengthened the characters' development by adding beautiful sequences we previously wanted to include but couldn't find the opportunity for, and we're continuing to do so. By turning the game into a sandbox, it allows us to develop the characters in a much better and desired manner, and we're seizing this opportunity.
Let me give you specific examples of the storytelling for each character:
REWORK
Iris:
Contrary to the regular update content, Iris will not only have the camping sequence and the expected content but also an additional 10 new sequences, a more detailed and diverse plot, and much better events.
Lauren: We're adding nine new sequences that we felt were missing in her story and that we'd like to see in the game.
Chloe: We're adding seven new sequences to her story.
Sophie: Sophie didn't require much, so we're adding only one sequence.
Charlotte: She's joining the game from the very beginning, and besides her sequences with Chloe, we're adding seven more sequences.
Lauren-Chloe: Two new sequences for them.
Chloe-Charlotte: Three new sequences for them.
School and characters: I won't even involve the school in this. That is a subject for another day.
Prologue: Completely changing it and reconstructing it with a different narrative.
I can almost say that this is like a new game. Changing the game's structure provides us with a lot more flexibility and the ability to add more content compared to the game's current structure. The new update will still have a high number of scenes, but in terms of animation, it will be our most significant content to date. More than half of the new sequences added will involve animations. At the core, the reason for such a radical change in the game is to offer regular and content-rich updates. Providing an incredible storytelling experience has never been our strong suit or main goal. Our sole aim was to make a good game. We want everyone who follows our work and supports us to know this and support us accordingly. Despite facing many challenges so far, most of our supporters have been with us not just for an update but throughout the entire process. I'm genuinely grateful to all of them. Even if the support we receive for this decreases, we'll still proceed with LISC and see it in the way we envisioned.
Let me briefly explain why we're announcing this now. While we had started our regular update, we were also working on the underlying structure of the game for a few updates now. We realized that our experiments had reached a sufficient level, but we wanted to conduct a few more to be sure. Eventually, we became confident that we could overcome this challenge, and thus, we made our decision. If we hadn't taken this step, we'd always have regretted not doing so. Even if our support diminishes during this process, we'll continue on this path and realize LISC as we've imagined it. I hope you'll share this journey with us and experience the result alongside us. Even if LISC ends, we'll ensure it concludes the way we want it to.
Regarding the remaining tasks, this new situation has, of course, demanded a substantial amount of new animations, new scenes, and a significant need for scripting. We've completed most of the sequences, finished writing the scripts, and there's a considerable amount of animation yet to be done. Our target release date on Patreon is the end of January. The Steam release will come shortly after Patreon. If you've read this absurdly long text all the way here, thank you. When I pile up the devlogs and release them all at once, it turns out like this; nothing much to do about it. During this process, the best thing we can do for you is to release plenty of previews and answer any questions you have on your mind. At least I'm getting it out in the end, let's say that. I wish you all an amazing week. Remember, you can reach out on Discord or Patreon with any questions you have, and I'll answer when I'm available. Moody out. Lots to do!

May 20, 2017

Hey everyone, I'm Moody. As you know, we've been working on a new update for quite a while now. As mentioned earlier, we discussed significant changes we intend to make in the game. Let me explain the extent and reasons behind these changes.
I presume the first question that comes to mind for all of you is "Why are you doing this?" Both Fenriz and I initially started this project with the primary goal of creating a game. At the outset, we didn't have enough knowledge or experience, but that didn't stop us. Through trial and error along the way, we've brought ourselves to a certain point, content with what we've achieved so far.
However, we're not satisfied with the current state of the game. Whether it's the story, gameplay, writing style, plot, or even animations, none of these have ever reached a satisfactory level for us. We're aware that many people are content with these aspects, suggesting that just adding content through regular updates without any further modifications would suffice. We also know we could keep everyone happy by consistently releasing the same content. But especially in the current state of the game when it's getting harder and harder for us mentally to create something. Since the inception of this game's development, we've been experimenting with things. And what we're doing now is not for today but for creating much better content in the future. Frankly, we don't care much about the opinions or expectations of those who demand, "Throw in the same content we want, then go make it again."
For almost two years, we've had a game structure in mind, something we've dreamed of creating. At that time, we lacked the mental capacity, but now we're saying we can do it, and we're doing it. Let me make it clear right from the start that the essence of the main characters we've created so far won't be lost. However, we're completely changing the structure of the game, the storyline, the events—anything that we didn't like, deemed unnecessary, or felt didn't fit into the game's context, has been removed. We reworked all the old sequences that we felt didn't fit well with the game. And we've completed more work than expected, which makes us happy. We've made it much fresher, smoother, and more enjoyable. We've strengthened the characters' development by adding beautiful sequences we previously wanted to include but couldn't find the opportunity for, and we're continuing to do so. By turning the game into a sandbox, it allows us to develop the characters in a much better and desired manner, and we're seizing this opportunity.
Let me give you specific examples of the storytelling for each character:
REWORK
Iris:
Contrary to the regular update content, Iris will not only have the camping sequence and the expected content but also an additional 10 new sequences, a more detailed and diverse plot, and much better events.
Lauren: We're adding nine new sequences that we felt were missing in her story and that we'd like to see in the game.
Chloe: We're adding seven new sequences to her story.
Sophie: Sophie didn't require much, so we're adding only one sequence.
Charlotte: She's joining the game from the very beginning, and besides her sequences with Chloe, we're adding seven more sequences.
Lauren-Chloe: Two new sequences for them.
Chloe-Charlotte: Three new sequences for them.
School and characters: I won't even involve the school in this. That is a subject for another day.
Prologue: Completely changing it and reconstructing it with a different narrative.
I can almost say that this is like a new game. Changing the game's structure provides us with a lot more flexibility and the ability to add more content compared to the game's current structure. The new update will still have a high number of scenes, but in terms of animation, it will be our most significant content to date. More than half of the new sequences added will involve animations. At the core, the reason for such a radical change in the game is to offer regular and content-rich updates. Providing an incredible storytelling experience has never been our strong suit or main goal. Our sole aim was to make a good game. We want everyone who follows our work and supports us to know this and support us accordingly. Despite facing many challenges so far, most of our supporters have been with us not just for an update but throughout the entire process. I'm genuinely grateful to all of them. Even if the support we receive for this decreases, we'll still proceed with LISC and see it in the way we envisioned.
Let me briefly explain why we're announcing this now. While we had started our regular update, we were also working on the underlying structure of the game for a few updates now. We realized that our experiments had reached a sufficient level, but we wanted to conduct a few more to be sure. Eventually, we became confident that we could overcome this challenge, and thus, we made our decision. If we hadn't taken this step, we'd always have regretted not doing so. Even if our support diminishes during this process, we'll continue on this path and realize LISC as we've imagined it. I hope you'll share this journey with us and experience the result alongside us. Even if LISC ends, we'll ensure it concludes the way we want it to.
Regarding the remaining tasks, this new situation has, of course, demanded a substantial amount of new animations, new scenes, and a significant need for scripting. We've completed most of the sequences, finished writing the scripts, and there's a considerable amount of animation yet to be done. Our target release date on Patreon is the end of January. The Steam release will come shortly after Patreon. If you've read this absurdly long text all the way here, thank you. When I pile up the devlogs and release them all at once, it turns out like this; nothing much to do about it. During this process, the best thing we can do for you is to release plenty of previews and answer any questions you have on your mind. At least I'm getting it out in the end, let's say that. I wish you all an amazing week. Remember, you can reach out on Discord or Patreon with any questions you have, and I'll answer when I'm available. Moody out. Lots to do!
I guess I am late to the abusing party of them deciding to go this route. I would love to be proven wrong but what a fucking stupid idea this one seems to be. Tell me you don't know what the fuck to do with a game without telling me. I would love to tag my previous post as an "I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO". You make up 8 updates worth of content and then decide to re-do that shit?

Well, I'm glad that we atleast got that Lauren content with a proper build-up while the re-master seems like another sandbox grind or a "fuck here, fuck there, fuck everywhere" type shit with less or no story.

As a long time Life in Santa County and A Mother's Love fan, It's not the Developers using the game eventually to milk people. It's them starting to develop a game with all the hype and all the great ideas until they hit the point where they run out of ideas to write the story ahead.

A pattern amongst all the Devs of great games here. They have a start point, they have one main target whose content they use to keep the fans on the toes, only to forget that every story needs an end point too. Very few actually started a game with a definite start and end point. Example of that are Depraved Awakening and Dreams Of Desire, maybe a few more, can't remember.

I am guessing the Dev of LISC had content of Lauren as the top point post which he doesn't know where to take the story. Proof of that is no new scenes of the Drug empire operations that MC was running in the latest episodes.

Work well begun is half done, sad to see that happen with this one and AML. I wouldn't care if the Dev turned the MC into a drug kingpin, a cartel member or put him into The Mafia FFS. The seeds have already been planted in previous episodes.

This game is stuck because the main story has no direction, just like a lot of the games here, had to say it.

bobtheguy364

Nov 24, 2023
legit dont get this stupide remade thing the quality gd the game was fine and not finish but then does remake am pretty sure i saw couple games doing this and years later nothing or abandon what shame i was legit looking fowards for iris and charlotte content but yeh.

buktccbfc71

Engaged Member
Dec 30, 2020
Most of these types of games end badly. Reaches halfway and dies. :confused:Or the public and authors lose the desire to work or play further. :rolleyes:....PS....We switch to comics. Updates frequently. ;)

Oct 16, 2021
How much grace are Devs like this allowed to have? There's so many committed and talented Devs out there that aren't as lucky. When I first played this game the vibe I got was completely different from the next couple of updates then they changed the structure of the game, now it's like every other update theres something being changed, reworked or rewritten. Clearly people are just simps for quality because how can anyone in their right mind be comfortable with the state of LISC? You never know what to expect from the Dev or the story itself.

anatarash

Feb 1, 2022
i Just loved the chemistry between Lauren and MC especially in the early chapter. the game should have focused on that and keep developing their relationship, building up the sex experience, but they flipped the script with that useless mafia nonsense, instead..pls.. mafia? that dumb teen moustache ginger head?

3.80 star(s) 185 Votes