3.40 star(s) 45 Votes

purple lemon

Dec 22, 2020
Well game looks great, I like the art very much, for that congrats Dev. But at some point I started to see 2 different dialogues at the same time, everything got mixed up. Also I constantly see numbers under the text(I'm assuming numbers were sentence's counter?) is it normal? Lastly, I hope dev will make a update soon for bugs and please add rollback and skipping.
I wish you best luck dev.

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
I guess it will still take a while till this turns into an actual game. Really looking forward to it tho. The art is gorgeous and the gameplay seems to be similar to Summertime Saga which is an instant win in my book.

Reactions: zetsubouig
Apr 24, 2018
Arts great but the game just seems to get more and more buggy every time I try it out. No resolutions above 1920x1080? Also how come every single line in the game is numbered now? The whole character relationship to each other thing at the start is still all switched around. And it would be really nice if you guys could put all of the files into a folder and then compress the entire folder so that when the file is extracted you don't just end up with a whole bunch of loose files that then have to bet put into a new folder. So it would be [Life in Woodchester]/[Life In Woodchester]/Game Files instead of [Life In Woodchester]/Game files.

Edit: Also as far as I can tell there is no way to get back to the main menu once you actually start playing the game.

Last edited:

TheeDav3

Sep 9, 2019
Already this game has the greatest potential in my opinion. Im loving the story and the characters so far and the artstyle, only problem is that there are a lot of bugs and it crashes for me everytime I try to save.

Zans

Nov 17, 2016
I have no idea how a dev can test that and say "Yup, this is ready for release." When the game buffers every time you click an object, something ain't right.

Reactions: darkenergy100

JBukharin

Feb 8, 2018
As far as I can notice through a full playthrough, I managed to find these bugs:
1- Saving/Loading option don't work (You can open it through the menu, but when the notification window to confirm the saving pops up, you can't select anything... and the game freezes);
2 - In the Shower Scene with Tara some of the dialogue comes out as 'Error';

The art is a decent 7.8/10, the story is starting interestingly and I saw that the map is huge. If the Dev watches thread and reads stuff posted there, than I would like to suggest putting some extra attention to confirm that the Saving/Loading option works properly between. It's one of the main options of games and it's expected to be there.

All in all, good game, and I can't wait to see how it will develop.

Apr 24, 2018
Holy. Had a crash in the second conversation... Also I think I was called the Little "roommate" when I was being told that's what I would be calling my Big "roommate"

Will try again when I have a bit more time I guess.
The whole relationship thing is switched around. You basically have to fill in the opposite of what you think it should be for all of the relationships. I've attached a picture of what it should look like (if you're not into the whole landlord thing..)

Life In Wood Relationship Screen.PNG

Mamut22

Apr 5, 2018
For now its a bit rough and there are some bugs, but a really like the graphic and characters so pls keep at it ;)

whosthatguy

Feb 25, 2018
The whole relationship thing is switched around. You basically have to fill in the opposite of what you think it should be for all of the relationships.
I noticed that too, and it's such a quick fix, I'm surprised it hasn't been looked at yet. But they have bigger fish to fry (such as fixing save/loads.)

Carapeto

May 20, 2020
the mac version in F95 keep telling me that "doesn't find the game" on load and the public mac version in patreon tell me that the game is damaged. I would like to try the game even before i decide to patreon this project. And for this and for what i'm reading from this thread i believe very hard to happen.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Still no changelog ? I waited a few days but still nothing. Can someone tell me what's new in this version please?

Reactions: PePeTheCoCk
3.40 star(s) 45 Votes