• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.
3.40 star(s) 45 Votes

Nebelknot

Apr 14, 2022
Running game in window solve my problems with freezes and lags
Anyway i love this graphic style, animations and this jiggling characters while dialogs (reading dialogues is not as boring as usual). (and god i love so much Lilly)
But! To much bugs and too little content, hope game will be in progress

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Same. This game has an incredible amount of potential, but it lags like crazy on my computer with hardware that was just updated this past year (Ryzen 7 5700X, RTX 3070 Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM). No idea how it's so un-optimized, my computer has been able to run anything I've thrown at it other than this game. I keep running into random crashes, too.

Really impressed by their sandbox mode though, that's a good addition:

Wish their gallery had dialogue.
Game is made with Game Maker Studio. That explains it. That tool spits out stuff that is just as unoptimizable as Renpy and RPGM.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
To cheat in this game, all you have to do is locate your savegame by going to this location in File Explorer:

%localappdata%\LifeInWoodchester

Edit the .sav file that you're told you saved (or the latest save). It's just a text file, so open it with notepad or whatever your flavor is.

Somewhere, there is a section named [Money] with the variable Money="50.000000" right under it.
That is your funds, edit to suit your needs. Boom, no more freelance jobs.

Also... forget about ripping any sex or nude girls from this game unless with screenshots.
This is how the sprites look:

1670560634973.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: dokodesuka

lybs88

Oct 1, 2017
Seems he has hired new people to work on animations and are working on alot of mechanics at the same time. He states on the patreon he can´t give an exact date for the next release - only "that we are working on it". That was on the fourth so we´ll see, but I wouldn´t keep my hopes up for something before 1 or 2 months into 2023. fast2---Copy.gif

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Art is great, story is fine, but lack of replayable scenes in a sandbox style game, the engine, things getting weird if you accidentally click too quickly and sometimes breaking and the slow pace of update rollouts hold this game back quite a bit.

Reactions: Boldano and fustian

Newbio102

Jul 27, 2020
Seems he has hired new people to work on animations and are working on alot of mechanics at the same time. He states on the patreon he can´t give an exact date for the next release - only "that we are working on it". That was on the fourth so we´ll see, but I wouldn´t keep my hopes up for something before 1 or 2 months into 2023. View attachment 2255160
Still better than Summertime Saga that is raking in $40,000+ a month but releasing only partial updates only once every few months. Half a million USD a year for like, 5 partial updates. Wild.

Jaggzer

Jul 28, 2018
Sadly this game is a buggy/laggy mess and it is not the fault of my pc as I can run most new high end games with very high settings. I tried this game on android as well and oh boy that is even worse, never in my life did I have so many crashes, I used to save my files after every action and gave up on the game after it crashed for the 20th time. I hope the dev puts his focus on fixing this buggy mess, because right now I don't see how anybody would want to continue playing the game with this engine. The Art seems fine from the pictures, but as I stated the crash show ruined it.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Sadly this game is a buggy/laggy mess and it is not the fault of my pc as I can run most new high end games with very high settings. I tried this game on android as well and oh boy that is even worse, never in my life did I have so many crashes, I used to save my files after every action and gave up on the game after it crashed for the 20th time. I hope the dev puts his focus on fixing this buggy mess, because right now I don't see how anybody would want to continue playing the game with this engine. The Art seems fine from the pictures, but as I stated the crash show ruined it.
the game engine breaks if you click too quickly, or click too much, it's really not a good game engine

archmancer8

Mar 25, 2020
Yeaaah, that blackjack shit was the nail in the coffin for my ability to care about a character as trash-tier as Tara. This game might be tied with warlocks and boobs for most tedious game on this site.
Also, the "jiggle physics" are a lot less impressive when you can see the seams and broken lines around the characters' chests.

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
It has now slowly but surely leveled off that you can only expect 2 updates a year from this developer

3.40 star(s) 45 Votes