Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Having reached the end of the current version, I must say I'm disappointed.

That is all.

I'm disappointed to have reached the end of the current version as it's such a fantastic game, with so much story, amazing renders and lovely / loving characters (though J&J can become a bit much if taken all at once!).

Good work, Sir / Ma'am!

Reactions: Breestis and Fasder

DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
decided to replay the game after a while now and was not disappointed(love the watersports,wish there were more) sis is a freak and i love her for that,mom is a bitch (hope we get some payback soon) only ''complain'' is that we dont have any ''interaction'' with J&J yet....come on dev make them a big happy family ;) anyway good game,good story and keep up the good work

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
uploading pics of scene and which choice gave what
I'm looking at the code and this should be impossible given the series of events needed to trigger the two different scenes. So I'm going to go ahead and say you've probably not been playing the game normally?
If it's a legitimate save without cheating, then I'd like to take a look at it because this is very confusing to me, especially considering these scenes have been in the game for a long time without causing issues.

Morte111

Oct 11, 2017
Good to hear, glad you like it. :)

Nitpicks are fine!

I'd be inclined to disagree with your reasoning here.
Redundancy doesn't prevent failure, it's meant to mitigate the consequence if something fails.
Say you lose connection on one link, then you need a secondary link to take over.
Since you have two links the chance that either fails is twice as likely than having one because we just doubled the potential points of failure.
So failure rate, downtime and redundancy are all related, but not the same thing.
You can have five points of failure every day, but if you have redundancies in place to take over for the equipment/software or whatever that failed, then you will prevent downtime.

Thank you. :)
Sorry if my intended meaning wasn't clear, I completely agree that redundancy doesn't prevent failures of individual devices in the system, and agree that failure rate of devices is thus increased the more devices you have - exactly as you say, the number of potential points of failure increases - and redundancy is there to mitigate device failures, hence the term 'High Availability'.

You hit the nail on the head when you state that downtime & failure rate are not the same thing
- precisely - in the absence of context, and an assumption of downtime=system level and failure rate=individual devices, they are not the same thing at all.
My point was that when your job is service provision of multiple systems, the concept of 'downtime' is equivalent to the concept of 'overall system failure rate' as opposed to 'device failure rate', which the 'work' question didn't make clear.

This is most likely a question of mindset and framing in terms of Enterprise scale Service Level Agreements dealing with multiple separate clients and hundreds of servers, where system failure rate/downtime in a given period is written into the contract, and thus reporting and metrics are based on system failure/downtime, rather than device failure rate - although it is often framed as a minimum uptime % guarantee in the high 9x% range, allowing for scheduled maintenance windows.
Device failure rate is typically removed from service contract metrics (out of mind out of sight) because that is a downstream issue between 3rd party vendors and service provider.

There is also the question of whether the redundancy is cold standby or hot standby or always-on, in which device failure rate does not increase for cold standby in periods where the backup devices are never switched on,
and in the context of virtualised systems, the device failure rate can be further de-coupled from system failure rate, adding a layer of abstraction between the level of dependency and redundancy any given virtualised device has on an underlying physical device.

I mistakenly suggested the rewording of the question to be 'individual device' failure rate, but 'device failure rate' would have been better, because going in the other direction, each individual device doesn't fail more often, but rather, the total failure count of all devices in the system goes up.

I feel bad now having dragged the semantics of this issue out to the extreme, it really is nitpicking on a minor point no-one else would pick up on... and you've got waaaaaay better things to do with your time!
Keep up your excellent work
:D

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
My point was that when your job is service provision of multiple systems, the concept of 'downtime' is equivalent to the concept of 'overall system failure rate' as opposed to 'device failure rate', which the 'work' question didn't make clear.
I feel like that's a language thing more than anything else. I mean downtime is downtime, it's caused due to failure, generally you'd as you said measure it in a % of uptime and a % of downtime, not 90% uptime and a 10%over all system failure. But I get where you're coming from.
in which device failure rate does not increase for cold standby in periods where the backup devices are never switched on
I'm going to go ahead and nitpick a little here too. Just because they're not active doesn't mean they'll live longer than a device that's been online. They are more likely to work I'd say, but nothing's ever 100%. ;)
each individual device doesn't fail more often, but rather, the total failure count of all devices in the system goes up.
Precisely.
I feel bad now having dragged the semantics of this issue out to the extreme, it really is nitpicking on a minor point no-one else would pick up on...
It's totally fine, I like that I can be accurate and hold up under scrutiny on the parts that are actually based in real science.
Then there are the fiction parts too, which I'm not that hard on. :)
and you've got waaaaaay better things to do with your time!
Totally fine, thanks for taking the time to help improve the game.
I changed the question to;
"Question 1: Higher redundancy in the physical network often means a higher failure rate for devices."

Reactions: Morte111

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
this game is lot easier than people seem to think..the dev has put in place all the tools needed to easily navigate the scenes and events...and is alot easier than asking here what to do next and waiting for an answer :p i managed..in my old broken brain ways..to finish all content with no help no walkthrough..just using the tools within the game...

Reactions: Fasder

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Loved the last two udpates!!

But maybe a bug...? After Helen comes on board, I've grinded through two weeks of days and I do not have the option of working at 12:00. The option just disappeared after Helen's first day of work.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also:

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
The option just disappeared after Helen's first day of work.
If you're at 9/? with QDPA there will be an indication that there is an interaction available in the office with Jenna, Sarah and Helen in version 0.12.07, there will however not be any option to do anything at the office location.

how to get the power supply for the laptop
Check section 9.1.22 in the walkthrough.
Where and by whom does Diana work?
Keep playing future updates and you might find out. ;)

3.50 star(s) 45 Votes