daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
I've avoided this for the longest time, as i've not been able to determine the purpose or manner of gameplay... I've viewed this post, the patreon, the discord channel, et al, and still don't know what the purpose of playing is.

Do you just wander around a map, and find sandbox NPC's that want to jump your bones? Are there storylines and plots that you find yourself involved in?

The changelog is comprehensive as to what type of sexual encounters are in there, but nothing goes into any detail about what sort of gameplay one would encounter while playing it... Do random NPC's just walk up to you with no background and want to fuck? Seen lots of games like that, and i personally don't like them, i prefer an immersive plot...

I'm going to bite the bullet and just download it to find out, but that's a big commitment with this game, 13GB of download for game, maps and updates. Some people have to pay for bandwidth, (not i, fortunately), but you should really include some front-facing information about what sort of adventures and storylines the player will encounter, beyond just the genre....

Tags like "Transformation", "Rape", and "Corruption" are fine, but some detail as to the mechanics and the overlying storyline those happen in are sort of key to my enjoying it or not.
examples:
1. you are walking along and out of the blue, a dog jumps on you and starts fucking you, and the more he fucks you you turn into a dog... (very much not my thing)
2. you are involved in a storyline, and as part off the story, you stumble upon a trap of some sort, and are raped by alien tentacles, which transforms and corrupts you into a alien semblance of yourself, now playing for the other team. (very much my thing)

Exact same tags, one i would hate, the other i would love.

Regards!~

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
just the ones you requested
Yay, thanks (y)

BTW, the post you linked is about the gender preference API. Are there any changes to the RandomizeSexy() API?

I've avoided this for the longest time, as i've not been able to determine the purpose or manner of gameplay... I've viewed this post, the patreon, the discord channel, et al, and still don't know what the purpose of playing is.

Do you just wander around a map, and find sandbox NPC's that want to jump your bones? Are there storylines and plots that you find yourself involved in?

The changelog is comprehensive as to what type of sexual encounters are in there, but nothing goes into any detail about what sort of gameplay one would encounter while playing it... Do random NPC's just walk up to you with no background and want to fuck? Seen lots of games like that, and i personally don't like them, i prefer an immersive plot...

I'm going to bite the bullet and just download it to find out, but that's a big commitment with this game, 13GB of download for game, maps and updates. Some people have to pay for bandwidth, (not i, fortunately), but you should really include some front-facing information about what sort of adventures and storylines the player will encounter, beyond just the genre....

Tags like "Transformation", "Rape", and "Corruption" are fine, but some detail as to the mechanics and the overlying storyline those happen in are sort of key to my enjoying it or not.
examples:
1. you are walking along and out of the blue, a dog jumps on you and starts fucking you, and the more he fucks you you turn into a dog... (very much not my thing)
2. you are involved in a storyline, and as part off the story, you stumble upon a trap of some sort, and are raped by alien tentacles, which transforms and corrupts you into a alien semblance of yourself, now playing for the other team. (very much my thing)

Exact same tags, one i would hate, the other i would love.

Regards!~
Fair point. Though if you're testing the game, you shouldn't have to download all 13gb. Just the latest version, around 1.3gb download. The maps are optional, and the main version do include 1 map, london.

The gameplay itself is rather like a simulation, as opposed to sticking to a storyline. If you're into storylines, most probably you won't enjoy the game as much. Story consistency is surely lacking, as each event is treated as stand alone and currently no way to efficiently track story progression. IMO the event system needs an overhaul sometime in the future, but currently it seemed the popular demand is to ramp up the graphical aspect of the game.

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
Errr, Question...

Is there any way to get this big menu out of the middle off the screen?

I can't get past it, confirm has no effect, other than locking up the game for a second or two...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT >>> NM... Seems it was just hung up, restarting the game cleared it.

Last edited:

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

DOWNLOAD
Windows
(64-bit): - -
Windows (32-bit): - -
Linux:
Update Only:
(requires LifePlay 2.0 Stable or later)
Windows (64-bit): - -
Windows (32-bit): - -
Linux:

Change Log:
- 31 new animations, made specifically for the new character models so that they look much better than the old converted ones, covering:
1/ 11 new aggressive male-female animations
2/ 8 new aggressive female-male animations (i.e. Femdom)
3/ 5 new gangbang (1 woman, 3 or 4 men) animations
4/ 7 new solo / masturbation animations
(Obviously even after this third animation update, not all types of sex scenes will have been covered yet. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about reverse gangbang, gay, shemale and 'interspecies' animations - they will be covered in future updates, probably around v2.7, v2.8, etc)
- Improve the optional first person POV cameras for sex scenes (accessed by right click anywhere > Switch camera), mostly importantly: eliminate the camera shakes
- New Esc > Settings option for "New Animations Only" for those that prefer quality to quantity in their sex scenes or just can't stand the old converted animations.
- More flexible animation filtering for shemales - they can now use the normal female animations (the new femdom animations work quite well with shemale-male scenes for example) in addition to the ones made specifically for shemales
- Some new API functions requested by modders
- Bug fixes and other improvements, with a public beta testing period

JoleenStar

Sep 29, 2017
I miss playing this game. I had to downgrade my PC.

Anyone on the fence about this game should check it out!

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
The images show some cool scenes, but what's the gameplay like? Is it worth trying out?
You're the only one who can judge if it's worth it for you. There's plenty of people that really enjoys this game. Vinfamy is actively improving the game, and it's a very different game than it was a year a go. I suggest you give it a try

blade7777

Game Developer
Apr 28, 2017
right click stops showing options after few mins idk why... can anybody tell me how to fix that

Skalli

Nov 1, 2017
Wow, this game has come a long way. When I first tried it the graphics didn't get me and the animations were not great. Now it's much better. Gameplay is engaging, but I still wish I had more control about what happens. Like random events just pop up, not much control as a player.
Yet I still haven't figured out how to dress my (male) character. I bought a few clothes and got some in photo shoots. But when choosing the dress options or quick dress nothing happens. My character is always naked except for special events.
One such event was when my wife/sister proposed I go out with her friend. There he was dressed nicely (as part of the event, I assume, the dialogue said something about a nice evening and good clothes).
But yeah, the game keeps getting better and better! Keep up the great work!

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
still with the same fucking animations? or changed?
I added nearly 100 new animations in the last 1 month and a half, all much better than the old ones before the Daz overhaul

Skalli : not sure why he would be naked, your male character is using the new model (Daz), isn't he? Only possible cause I can think of is that you loaded a really old save (1.x version) before the Daz overhaul so your main character is still using the old model

evilfuzzyman

Mar 6, 2017
Murder. I'm almost certain Wicked Whims doesn't have straight out the box. You also don't have to install a crap ton of animations to get what you want.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
What does lifeplay have that wicked whim doesnt?
The main thing is the scene system, which is inspired by visual novels (i.e with a little story and character dialogues), sort of connects the lifesim aspect and the sex scene aspect of the game. So LifePlay gives more background as to why the sex is happening I would say.
I like the Sims and I somewhat know TurboDriver via LoversLab (we're both LL contributors), but personally have always found the lack of dialogues and the 'Simlish' voices too comical for the darker fetishes.
Also, this isn't EA. It's a free open-source project and modding can be as easy as editing a text file with Notepad.

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes