ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
There are plenty of Unreal ports in the Google Store, and UnrealEd comes with libraries to target Android. I would welcome a port because my phone is more powerful than most laptops, including my own.
Unreal, yes
Unreal and DX10 ? No.
Andriod doesn't (unless something changed) know how to handle DX and instead uses open GL.

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
sexybastardo Not sure if you were aware, but this clause in offer_pimp_services:
Code:
CurrentCompanion:intelligence*2 + CurrentCompanion:interpersonal < Random(0, 250)
makes positive karma work against you. Though I suppose this gives a dangerous career criminal the advantage, they would be hit by the first clause.

You might be overstating the emphasis on intelligence in this decision -- one function of intelligence is the ability to justify anything, and the truth is stranger than fiction in that regard. It makes it difficult for me to entice my economics students into the world of 'real market forces', esp with role model perks raising intelligence every time we meet. But surely they can trust their mentor to guide their paths?

I wanted to ask, how do you get your game to look like that? That cartoon/comic apperance.
In the settings, you can enable and fine-tune toon outlines. I think a few other graphic options make it look more cell-shaded, but it's mostly a result of my POS system.

deku Sora 3

Apr 28, 2019
If possible some changes in the sex text when having sex with different penis sizes. The penis sizes of the player or npc can determine if they're partners would either remain loyal ( big penis) or attempt to cheat (small penis) depending also on perversion level. Character traits like Crusader Kings 2, also if possible more phone options like sending pics etc, thanks (im probably asking too much). #FavoriteAdultGame
actually would like this too

Jul 28, 2019
Unreal, yes
Unreal and DX10 ? No.
Andriod doesn't (unless something changed) know how to handle DX and instead uses open GL.
I don't know on the bigger question, but this is confused.

Android is a modified/forked Linux. Linux does not do DX (10 or otherwise). Unreal works on Linux. LifePlay works on Linux.

I'm not sure of the potential issues involved in making an Android port but the lack of DX10 is not going to be one of them. ;)

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I don't know on the bigger question, but this is confused.

Android is a modified/forked Linux. Linux does not do DX (10 or otherwise). Unreal works on Linux. LifePlay works on Linux.

I'm not sure of the potential issues involved in making an Android port but the lack of DX10 is not going to be one of them. ;)
Here's a hint, you need DX.
As in good luck running it without it or an exteremly modded version of Open GL to handle the DX request via a passthrough.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
You really don't know what you are talking about. I am running LifePlay and I assure you that there is no DX on my system.
Then explain how you're handeling the graphics ?
I could be wrong about this game requiring DX but i'm almost positive that it does.

Edit: Nope i'm not crazy firefox_2019-11-06_23-50-34.png

So like i said either your using a modded Open GL on your system or you're bullshitting.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019
OpenGL comes straight from my distro no modding involved.

Requirements are for Windows users - DirectX being a proprietary windows package (note the little icon, :LOL:). That is only implied in the OP but anyone with a little knowledge would understand. As a Linux user I am unable to install DX (barring going a roundabout route using Wine but then I would need to run the windows build of the game).

The Unreal Engine does not require DX instead it has its own abstraction layer above this. See for example As far as I understand RHI (by default) calls the DX api on windows and the OpenGL one on Linux. (There may be configurable options at build time, at a guess.)

No bullshit and no modded OpenGL. You really don't know what you are talking about.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
OpenGL comes straight from my distro no modding involved.

Requirements are for Windows users - DirectX being a proprietary windows package (note the little icon, :LOL:). That is only implied in the OP but anyone with a little knowledge would understand. As a Linux user I am unable to install DX (barring going a roundabout route using Wine but then I would need to run the windows build of the game).

The Unreal Engine does not require DX instead it has its own abstraction layer above this. See for example As far as I understand RHI (by default) calls the DX api on windows and the OpenGL one on Linux. (There may be configurable options at build time, at a guess.)

No bullshit and no modded OpenGL. You really don't know what you are talking about.
No i knew exactly what i was talking about. I'm not so dumb as to not know what a windows symbol is.
I stated your either running a modded Open GL or DX. The only part that was wrong about that was that it wasn't modded.

But hey since you're such a great guy, why don't you compile an andriod port :)

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I'm sorry but when you say "Here's a hint, you need DX", you are clearly wrong. :p

Because I don't have a phone? :giggle:
Okay you win. I was too straight foward and didn't also state the other possibilities, that i then later clarified for you specifically.

Do you want a cookie ?

sexybastardo

Modder
Jul 15, 2017
Scripting is very slow going without debugging output to report errors and output the contents of variables. I try to use text narrative, but it can't handle actor variables, which are the ones most necessary to work with. How do I confirm something like this:
Code:
    lust_mult = 1 + [CurrentCompanion:arousal * [CurrentCompanion:intoxication + CurrentCompanion:perversion] / 2500]
    "lust_mult: <lust_mult> = 1+<CurrentCompanion:arousal> * [<CurrentCompanion:intoxication> + <CurrentCompanion:perversion>] / 2500"
when companion vars all display as the last variable used?
try this:

Code:
lust_mult = 1 + [CurrentCompanion:arousal * [CurrentCompanion:intoxication + CurrentCompanion:perversion] / 2500]
c_arousal = CurrentCompanion:arousal
c_intox = CurrentCompanion:intoxication
c_perv = CurrentCompanion:perversion
    "lust_mult: <lust_mult> = 1+<c_arousal> * [<c_intox> + <c_perv>] / 2500"

sexybastardo Not sure if you were aware, but this clause in offer_pimp_services:
Code:
CurrentCompanion:intelligence*2 + CurrentCompanion:interpersonal < Random(0, 250)
makes positive karma work against you. Though I suppose this gives a dangerous career criminal the advantage, they would be hit by the first clause.

You might be overstating the emphasis on intelligence in this decision -- one function of intelligence is the ability to justify anything, and the truth is stranger than fiction in that regard. It makes it difficult for me to entice my economics students into the world of 'real market forces', esp with role model perks raising intelligence every time we meet. But surely they can trust their mentor to guide their paths?
I didn't wrote this check, it's from vin_base. Just changed the values a bit to make it easier.

Last edited:

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
Nothing beats the feeling of being a new father of oxtilipuplets. Now I can slide gracelessly into my decaying years with the assurance my loin-spawned child labor will change my diapers.

But what's this?
2019-11-07 03_56_48-LifePlay.png
No, no! Now I shall become like Chronos, and eat them all! Bear me more fodder, bitch! I HUNGER!

This is the price I pay for not aborting, as nature intended.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
No i knew exactly what i was talking about. I'm not so dumb as to not know what a windows symbol is.
I stated your either running a modded Open GL or DX.
Linux comes pretty much with standard Open GL. In fact all 3d rendering on Linux distros is done by Mesa 3D.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Code:
Karma won't affect that whatsoever
It only modifies Random(x, y) if there are player stats involved or in terms of NPC stats, only attraction and rapport

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Code:
It only modifies Random(x, y) if there are player stats involved or in terms of NPC stats, only attraction and rapport

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
How do I get a location name and type to use in dialog? So I can do something like:
Code:
If WHERE != stripclub
    "This is a <place>, not a strip club!"
// or
"You've got the wrong <location>, this is <location_name>, not Have It Your Way!"
WHERE doesn't even return a usable string, so getting it into generic dialog would take a nasty tangle of conditional forking. And for some reason I can't access the same variables used in analyse_business. This test function:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
yields blanks for WHERE, reputation, and staff copies name_last

That's good to know. I was concerne about karma interferring with checks intended for procedural generation.

LPPlayer

Oct 26, 2019
suggestion:

At start of game it could be possible to generate a whole family with otions like (stepdad stepmum grandparents sisters or brothers).
This way you could play with a complete family if you wish :)

It would also be cool if in the Background 2 familys are generated so if you know one member of the family you would would be introduced bit by bit to the rest of the family :)

Reactions: Dragnarok
3.30 star(s) 116 Votes