Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
First of all I love the game but I'd like to do more. So what can I do? Well, maybe a translation? But since I don't know squat about modding I would need a bit of help. I've browsing the code but if someone could point me towards where you find the language sources in game that would be very appreciated.
And yet again, I love the game and all the mods that have been made for it.
go to LifePlay/Content/Modules, search for "lpscene" , these are all the files for scenes. Open these with any text editors, anything inside "" quotation marks can be translated!
Thank you for your offer of help.

mahem

Apr 15, 2019
downloading this game screwed up my external drive.

dont ask me how or why? but afterdownloading and installing this game my external drive crashed and became unreadeble.
about 3 terrabite in data got lost this way.
trying to recover it didnt work, as i mentioned the external drive cant be accesed anymore.

i hope this is my fault, as i dont want anyone else to experience 3 terrabite in data loss.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
downloading this game screwed up my external drive.

dont ask me how or why? but afterdownloading and installing this game my external drive crashed and became unreadeble.
about 3 terrabite in data got lost this way.
trying to recover it didnt work, as i mentioned the external drive cant be accesed anymore.

i hope this is my fault, as i dont want anyone else to experience 3 terrabite in data loss.
I'm sorry to hear that your external drive crashed but I can guarantee 100% that this has nothing to do with the game. The game has been around since April 2018, thousands of people download it each version - not a single report of hardware failure
In fact, I'm not even sure if any software of any kind is capable of causing that much damage to a hard drive. I'm quite certain It's a hardware issue (power / overheating/ etc) that just happens to coincide with your downloading of the game.

mahem

Apr 15, 2019
I'm sorry to hear that your external drive crashed but I can guarantee 100% that this has nothing to do with the game. The game has been around since April 2018, thousands of people download it each version - not a single report of hardware failure
In fact, I'm not even sure if any software of any kind is capable of causing that much damage to a hard drive. I'm quite certain It's a hardware issue (power / overheating/ etc) that just happens to coincide with your downloading of the game.
i am sure its my fault. as i did the following.
downloaded upgrade (game crashed). removed the game...
downloaded a new game and installed...(didnt want to run) removed.
emptied waistbasket.....d drive didnt work anymore...
the d drive is still in my pc when i connect it...i just cant acess it.

i must have removed something crucial,,,accept i cant put my finger ont it....as i dont know how to correct it..

maybe someone can help me recover the drive,

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
You can also set the chance for NPCs to spawn interested in the same sex in the 'Customize NPC Distribution' menu (might not be that exact phrase, currently afk so I can't verify the verbiage). I've been setting mine to 0.9, 0.9, 0.9 to have most people generate as pan, but occasionally there will be exceptions.
Yeah I did the same but the game had started so there are still straights kicking around. Plus, to be honest I prefer turning out the straights in a game rather than full-on pan anyway LOL

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer
Jun 13, 2018
Here's my second mod.
As promised I would implement plastic surgery, but as stand alone. Despite the fact that a few things are only accessible when PimpYourGirl is installed.

It's called: Beauty Expansion (Plastic Surgery)

This is a beta version at first, because there are a lot of model changes in it. Please test it and report bugs if you find.
This mod changes your 3d models when you do certain actions or do the plastic surgery!
Please use an extra save slot to make sure you can go back if you do sth you don't want!

This first version contains:
Improvements and additions to every beauty salon location on your map.
There you can now book different beauty treatments and also access the plastic surgery with some small story events.

New actions
1. Change hair color of your companion, also let her/him choose if she/he is dominant (will change stats + haircolor ingame)
2. Buy eyelash extensions for companion (will change stats + sets all lashes to maximum ingame)
3. Buy fake nails for companion (stat changes)
4. Book a beauty treatment for companion (will change stats + improve make up if not at maximum)
5. Buy waxing for your companion (will change stats + remove all body hair)
6. Buy a hair cut for your companion (stat changes)
7. Book teeth withening for companion (stat changes)
8. Ask your companion if she wants to do plastic surgery (highly stat based and only for female/trans / will change stats as well!)

UPDATE 1.0
- Removed penalty for some rejects and fixed a bug with stat checks on Lipinjections

UPDATE 1.1
- Added changing hairstyles and other options
- Plastic surgery fixes for the entry checks
- Temporary fix for the blendPreset bug in 2.11 (CRITICAL! Attraction to player changed after a template was applied)
- Improved the templates a bit
- Removed all waiting times and adjusted the durations

The options for plastic surgery are: Lip injections, Face lifting for older npcs, Fat removal (in 2 levels), low profile boobjobs (B,C & D) and some DD options.
But as long your companion isn't a prostitute in PimpYourGirl or she is not really into you, it will be hard to convince her to do plastic surgery.

View attachment 449928
Check the picture, these changes are made through the mod without opening the appearance menu or using cheats!

INSTALL: Unpack into Lifeplays Modules folder and activate it in Mod Manager.
Have fun! :D

MY OTHER MODS:
PIMP YOUR GIRL BEAUTY EXPANSION BETTER PREGNANCY THE NEW GOODBYE NO MORE YOUTUBE
The one problem I find with this mod is that when you get the plastic surgery for a girl for the first time it changes her name. I had my character get his sister bigger boobs and her name completely changed. Tried it again with a random girl and it happened again. Not sure if it's just the boob option that does it though.

SammieJo

Jan 29, 2018
What I do miss while being out and about with a companion, that when there is an event happening for the MC the companion is totally forgotten.

Wouldnt it be possible for the companion to be playing a role in these events aswell? Are together out afterall

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
What I do miss while being out and about with a companion, that when there is an event happening for the MC the companion is totally forgotten.

Wouldnt it be possible for the companion to be playing a role in these events aswell? Are together out afterall
Theoretically, yes. Practically, not right now.
The way the some events are designed doesn't have the companion check(s) probably due to being older events. It would be possible to add them in a future update or mod but at current its probably low priority.

sexybastardo

Modder
Jul 15, 2017
The one problem I find with this mod is that when you get the plastic surgery for a girl for the first time it changes her name. I had my character get his sister bigger boobs and her name completely changed. Tried it again with a random girl and it happened again. Not sure if it's just the boob option that does it though.
I'll look into this! Thanks for letting me know.

re_volvo

Feb 21, 2018
If you are a native english speaker you could proof read my mods (or translate them if not), would like to have all dialogs cleared from typing errors and other mistakes. :D
Sorry, native swedish talker with a basic knowledge in english. That's why I think I'll stick to translating.

go to LifePlay/Content/Modules, search for "lpscene" , these are all the files for scenes. Open these with any text editors, anything inside "" quotation marks can be translated!
Thank you for your offer of help.
Thank you. I'll see what I can do.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
If you are a native english speaker you could proof read my mods (or translate them if not), would like to have all dialogs cleared from typing errors and other mistakes. :D
Is this something you need to have done ?
I haven't actually checked your mods, nothing personal just haven't used them. I don't mind assisting with the English if you feel it's a pressing matter.

sexybastardo

Modder
Jul 15, 2017
Is this something you need to have done ?
I haven't actually checked your mods, nothing personal just haven't used them. I don't mind assisting with the English if you feel it's a pressing matter.
It's not a big problem, but sometimes I struggle with writing dialogs, so I would really appreciate this. :)

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes