Turiyan

Jan 30, 2020
I've been playing around in the game for a little while now and I've started working on a pack of Custom Scenes called Naughty Nights. New possible encounters that are primarily available at night. The encounters feature implied fetish play, nonCon and general perversion... If that sounds interesting to any of you, then keep on the look out for the eventual post. I intend for the pack to have 15-20 new possible encounters. 10 are already finalized. The pack is intended for Female PC's but the context of the dialogue isn't really bound by specific gender. So instead I could say that it's made for Submissive PC's. ;)

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I've been playing around in the game for a little while now and I've started working on a pack of Custom Scenes called Naughty Nights. New possible encounters that are primarily available at night. The encounters feature implied fetish play, nonCon and general perversion... If that sounds interesting to any of you, then keep on the look out for the eventual post. I intend for the pack to have 15-20 new possible encounters. 10 are already finalized. The pack is intended for Female PC's but the context of the dialogue isn't really bound by specific gender. So instead I could say that it's made for Submissive PC's. ;)
sounds really interesting. Looking forward to it.
If you run into any problems working on it, don't hesitate to let me know.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Vinfamy I was working on scanning through every npc in the game. Using a while loop, pseudocode :
ID=1; Actor=getSpecific(ID); While actor.isValid(); ID += 1; Actor=getSpecific(ID); Endwhile.
It does work, at least for a while. But on every game I have tried it seems to find an npc it considers Nonvalid before it finishes. I even tried replacing "While actor.isValid()" with "While actor:age > 0" but it stops at the same Actor as isValid.
I can see no relationship between the actors that stop this loop, but it always stops at the same specific Actors! EG. The last game had 50+ npc's and it always stopped at No 29.
Any ideas why the "getSpecific(ID)" would be not working on a specific npc?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Vinfamy I was working on scanning through every npc in the game. Using a while loop, pseudocode :
ID=1; Actor=getSpecific(ID); While actor.isValid(); ID += 1; Actor=getSpecific(ID); Endwhile.
It does work, at least for a while. But on every game I have tried it seems to find an npc it considers Nonvalid before it finishes. I even tried replacing "While actor.isValid()" with "While actor:age > 0" but it stops at the same Actor as isValid.
I can see no relationship between the actors that stop this loop, but it always stops at the same specific Actors! EG. The last game had 50+ npc's and it always stopped at No 29.
Any ideas why the "getSpecific(ID)" would be not working on a specific npc?
I don't think getSpecific() takes float variable iirc - I'm surprised this even works at all
In cases like this, there's much simpler solution: just use getPerson() ( because getPerson() / getSpecific() / getRelative() never returns the same person twice in the same lpscene)

count = 0
Actor = getPerson()
While Actor.isValid()
count += 1
Actor = getPerson()
Endwhile

Psylen

Jan 28, 2020
Is there a way to organize your contacts? Maybe making folder like "relatives", "coworkers""friends"...etc?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Is there a way to organize your contacts? Maybe making folder like "relatives", "coworkers""friends"...etc?
use Tags (look for a text box below Edit Appearance / Edit Stat buttons in the Contacts menu), works very similarly to folders

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
A question - since people are already submitting mods, how hard would it be to make and submit animations? It would certinaly make it easier on you AND vastly increase what's avialable. Assuming it's possible. Should be. Can you describe your process/tools?

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
use Tags (look for a text box below Edit Appearance / Edit Stat buttons in the Contacts menu), works very similarly to folders
Just a thought, but should those things be auto-tagged? Coworkers, family and aquainances seem as 3 major and natural categories.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
A question - since people are already submitting mods, how hard would it be to make and submit animations? It would certinaly make it easier on you AND vastly increase what's avialable. Assuming it's possible. Should be. Can you describe your process/tools?
nothing special about making animations for LifePlay. It's just animating Daz Genesis 8 models.
The challenge is Unreal Engine doesn't have native way to import new animations at runtime (i.e. the game can only use whatever animations are in the project files when I hit 'Build' each update) - it's something I would have to code myself to allow third-party animators. Coding such a system is a big task - so I just don't feel it's worth the time investment currently. Maybe once all the major frontend features (which will improve the game right away) I mentioned in broad plans for 2020 are out of the way, I can start thinking more about these backend stuffs with long-term benefits.

R0y

Nov 25, 2017
My hard drive crashed. but I was able to save lifeplay\content\saves my save folder but never got them to load then I read on here they all so go in: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\LifePlay . Sadly I didn't know the saves went in there too * now that the hard drive is completely crashed, so, I guess I'm screwed.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
My hard drive crashed. but I was able to save lifeplay\content\saves my save folder but never got them to load then I read on here they all so go in: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\LifePlay . Sadly I didn't know the saves went in there too * now that the hard drive is completely crashed, so, I guess I'm screwed.
you still managed to save your character and NPCs, which should be in lpcharater format in content/saves/{saveslot} (you can go to contacts menu > add NPC > edit appearance > use the load preset button in the character editor menu)

Reactions: R0y

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
I noticed a minor bug - clothing will be randomly added to PC's inventory and they will automatically be changed into it.

Reactions: srg91

Turiyan

Jan 30, 2020
sounds really interesting. Looking forward to it.
If you run into any problems working on it, don't hesitate to let me know.
When I was diving through currently existing Scenes I did notice that a scene that should be called neighbour_psycho is incorrectly spelled as neighbour_pyscho in the file directory LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes\home

Not sure if that affects the scenes occurrence or not but I figured I'd let you know about it. (y)

SingleForLife

Oct 22, 2019
When I was diving through currently existing Scenes I did notice that a scene that should be called neighbour_psycho is incorrectly spelled as neighbour_pyscho in the file directory LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes\home

Not sure if that affects the scenes occurrence or not but I figured I'd let you know about it. (y)
As far as I know the only thing this misspelling will do is cause the timeout function for this event to not work, meaning you MIGHT get this event twice in a row.
To fix this you just need to fix the spelling in the filename since the timeout function in the file itself spells it "psycho" as it should.

Reactions: Vinfamy
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes