IAmTerror

May 28, 2017
This game is ambitious as hell and I AM trying to give it the old college try but I feel like more people would flock to it (as they should) if the character models didn’t look like Robot Chicken dolls. It just makes it a little difficult to really dive in. Is this a limitation of the Engine or am I just utter trash with the customization screen?

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
I can't get anywhere in this game. No direction, nothing to do, no idea where to go... there any guides for this that explain things?

Jrobbo117

Dec 30, 2017
When i try to play on my pc i get the message fatal error and it closes down on me, any idea how to work around it.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
This game is ambitious as hell and I AM trying to give it the old college try but I feel like more people would flock to it (as they should) if the character models didn’t look like Robot Chicken dolls. It just makes it a little difficult to really dive in. Is this a limitation of the Engine or am I just utter trash with the customization screen?
The models are based originally on some open source Blender models made by Manuel Bastioni, modified by me to work with Unreal Engine. The same guy has been working on a new set of models for months now, being advertised as being more detailed so let's wait and see if these new models will be usable for the game. For example, the hand in Manuel's new models will look like this:

Another option is something that the modder Caliente (of CBBE fame) is working on, but afaik, it's female only.
But to keep expectations realistic, as I mentioned many times before, no models in a real-time rendering game (unless we're talking about an AAA-budget game, even then, it's a stretch) will look anywhere as detailed as those Daz models you find in the visual novel games. One needs to render 60 frames or so per second, the other has the luxury of spending minutes or even hours to render just one still image.
The game is also open-source and moddable, so maybe we'll get lucky with some industry-leading 3d modeler stumbling across the game and make a model and texture mod for it.
Also, I added the 'Toon Shading' option back in v1.2. This makes the game look 2d-ish and more artsy rather than trying to be realistic and is a cheap way to get around the Uncanny Valley for some people.

How can i buy a house?
Find a residential unit (either by hovering around with your mouse until you get a building with the green house icon, or by using the Ctrl + F function), click on it during business hours and click 'Arrange a viewing'.

I can't get anywhere in this game. No direction, nothing to do, no idea where to go... there any guides for this that explain things?
I already added tutorial popups back in v1.1. Go into Esc > settings > uncheck Tutorial Completed if you missed it.
Either way, the game is a lifesim sandbox that is completely non-linear. There's no 'go there, do this, voila, some sex scene is unlocked' like in RenPy and RPGMaker games. Do whatever you want and things will happen naturally, just like in real life.

Are there going to more hair styles added in later updates?
I'll try to find some time to do that if I get the marriage content done early. If not, then the version after the next hopefully.

When i try to play on my pc i get the message fatal error and it closes down on me, any idea how to work around it.
Try the 32 bit version if you're using the 64 bit version and vice versa. I have received strange reports of 64 bit PCs playing nicer with the 32 bit version of the game and vice versa.
Apart from that, try update your graphic driver, make sure the game is using the correct graphic card in Nvidia Control Panel (or equivalent), run the Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe , etc
Also go easy on the percentages if you're using the 'Randomize Unknown Buildings' function, this can be quite performance intensive.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
So, everybody talks about the models it seems. Not me. ;)

There's an incest module, but I don't see how you can include a family when starting up a game. Parents, siblings, offspring, cousins?

[EDIT] OK, it looks like it's under 'contacts'. Only brother / sister?

Zohan4201

Jun 25, 2017
Can anyone tell me how I can cheat on my current girlfriend in the game? I can't seem to figure it out how to do that, actually i just want to have sex with multiple women without breaking up with my current gf. Also how would my girlfriend cheat on me in the game?

Reactions: Shinichi0831

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
So, everybody talks about the models it seems. Not me. ;)

There's an incest module, but I don't see how you can include a family when starting up a game. Parents, siblings, offspring, cousins?

[EDIT] OK, it looks like it's under 'contacts'. Only brother / sister?
Click on the brother /sister text and you can change the relationship.

Can anyone tell me how I can cheat on my current girlfriend in the game? I can't seem to figure it out how to do that, actually i just want to have sex with multiple women without breaking up with my current gf. Also how would my girlfriend cheat on me in the game?
There are plenty of events that can end up with you cheating. Easiest way is probably take another girl on a date then offer to walk her home.
Depending on your gf's intelligence, you may get caught though.

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
There are plenty of events that can end up with you cheating. Easiest way is probably take another girl on a date then offer to walk her home.
Depending on your gf's intelligence, you may get caught though.
So the chances of getting caught is based on the INT stat? What about the sneak stat then, does it factor into the chances of getting caught at all, or does it have to do more with people sneaking up to you when masturbating for example, or catching npc's doing sexy things and similar events?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Wonder if we can create a wife/hubby/children/babys???
You will be able to create a spouse in the next version.
You can already create a 18+ adult child with the 'Add Relative' button in the Contacts menu (shortcut P)
Babies are currently just a number count, which can be seen / edited in the Stats menu Ctrl + T

So the chances of getting caught is based on the INT stat? What about the sneak stat then, does it factor into the chances of getting caught at all, or does it have to do more with people sneaking up to you when masturbating for example, or catching npc's doing sexy things and similar events?
Go to LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes\dating, open breakup_cheating.lpscene with any text editor, you can see the trigger conditions there and even edit these conditions to your tast

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
You will be able to create a spouse in the next version.
You can already create a 18+ adult child with the 'Add Relative' button in the Contacts menu (shortcut P)
Babies are currently just a number count, which can be seen / edited in the Stats menu Ctrl + T

Go to LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes\dating, open breakup_cheating.lpscene with any text editor, you can see the trigger conditions there and even edit these conditions to your tast
Ahh nice, earlier I combed through most filed to while trying to see what was needed to triggered the scenes, but once I learned how to use the console, I more or less didn't bother with the stats anymore. Cheating is great! :)

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Is there any actual relationship in an incest path? Or is it just the occasional fornication event?

Leonxwerty

Donor
Nov 14, 2017
I still can't get Pregnancy to work on NPCs.
Is there like a random chance for them to work or something?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
LifePlay v1.7 Being Released Soon!
As usual, here's the v1.7 update only for 64 bit, for those already with a previous version

Rest of the links will be available later today

Changelog:
- You can now marry your boyfriend/girlfriend
- You can now ask your significant other to move in with you, not just the other way around
- 4 new female hairstyles
- In the Contacts menu, you can now add new NPCs and change NPC's relationship type with you (boss, colleague, bf/gf, spouse, ex, neighbor, etc)
- Many new functions requested by modders (check the Docs/Modding folder)
- Minor improvements and bugfixes

@Leonxwerty: Try waiting some time then go inside Contacts menu (P), click on the name of the person you supposedly impregnated, then close contacts menu. The chance of impregnation is simply your fertility stat. This could help force update the pregnancy days. I'll add some cheat options to show pregnancy progress/ impregnation success in v1.8.

Reactions: Volte'd

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

LifePlay v1.7 Released!

- You can now marry your boyfriend/girlfriend
- You can now ask your significant other to move in with you, not just the other way around
- 4 new female hairstyles
- In the Contacts menu, you can now add new NPCs and change NPC's relationship type with you (boss, colleague, bf/gf, spouse, ex, neighbor, etc)
- Many new functions requested by modders (check the Docs/Modding folder)
- Minor improvements and bugfixes

Download (64-bit):
-

Download (32-bit):
-

Update Only (for those already with v1.2 or later):
(64-bit) - (64-bit)
(32-bit) - (32-bit)​

Dinadass

Aug 14, 2017
I've gotten a decryption error a few times for the mega 64 full download link. Has anyone else had this issue?

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes