Vima

Modder
Jul 3, 2018
For the people who don't like the new npc sex behavior... like me.
Here is a semi-fix to stop the position switching of the npc.

Go to LifePlay\LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Stats\Longterm -> masochist.lpstat

There you will find the Line:

PLAYER_ONLY: false

Change the (false) to -> true

After that it doesn't matter if you have masochistic -100 or 100,
the npc's will now always "ask" to change the sex position... but they will "never" do it, as long as you don't say "yes" to them.
I have tested it only a bit so i hope it works, but from the test there was no npc able to change the position.

This "fix" works only for consensual sex, for non-con i haven't found a solution. :cry:
Also, you will never see scenes where the npc/actor need a masochist value.

If anyone have a better workaround for this system or a way to remove this AI, please let me know it. :)

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018
NPC to NPC impregnation isn't working. When I ask someone to knock up my wife, it says she's pregnant and she has given birth, but there's no new son or daughter. Also, when an NPC impregnates another NPC, it just says that she is pregnant, but her belly doesn't show, and never gives birth.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
For now it seems patreons mainly want some more pixels and I doubt you will have any debugging or gameplay correction for a long, long time.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
For now it seems patreons mainly want some more pixels and I doubt you will have any debugging or gameplay correction for a long, long time.
I think it's fine if new stuff is added each month, but I don't think bug fixes should take a backseat. Changelogs never seem to mention any fixes, so I can't tell if things are being fixed simultaneously or not. There's certainly several bugs that have remained unfixed for a while now

Reactions: srg91

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
I think it's fine if new stuff is added each month,
I disagree with that, at least in the case of Lifeplay for now, because the result is some sort of thing with many features and none really useable, causing all modder to stop working on it.

There is a lot of work to transform this to a game from a sex scene generator and adding features is like wearing a pant on a wood leg.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I disagree with that, at least in the case of Lifeplay for now, because the result is some sort of thing with many features and none really useable, causing all modder to stop working on it.

There is a lot of work to transform this to a game from a sex scene generator and adding features is like wearing a pant on a wood leg.
I definitely agree that it's a bad idea to continue to add onto a shaky foundation. Given that all of the Patreon tiers are about commissioning new content though, I'm not sure people would pledge anything for months when nothing is being added. It's definitely a difficult balancing act for a lone developer.

Reactions: srg91
Jul 17, 2018
Also, I can't enjoy this game because after every scene, I get the unlucky message. I started playing because of the pregnancy content, yet I haven't seen any since updating the game.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Also, I can't enjoy this game because after every scene, I get the unlucky message. I started playing because of the pregnancy content, yet I haven't seen any since updating the game.
Try boosting the fertility value of you and your partner

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
I definitely agree that it's a bad idea to continue to add onto a shaky foundation. Given that all of the Patreon tiers are about commissioning new content though, I'm not sure people would pledge anything for months when nothing is being added. It's definitely a difficult balancing act for a lone developer.
Look at the last (34.1) changelog for LabRats 2 and see :)

Updating on a regular basis is a good thing when you works with patreons model but only if the basic product is correctly working.

Reactions: jeje33

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
It might be time for one of those updates - the first one in DEC - where it's focused on bugfixes. Vin did them before but only when certain parts were game breaking.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
It might be time for one of those updates - the first one in DEC - where it's focused on bugfixes. Vin did them before but only when certain parts were game breaking.
Any idea if bugs ever get fixed in regular updates and just aren't mentioned in the changelogs? Or do bugs only ever get fixed in dedicated updates

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Yeah, he fixes some but they usually don't get mentioned unless you ask and he responds. If enough people bitch about specific ones they get fixed.

Reactions: srg91 and Grim
Jul 17, 2018
I've said before that since this game updates frequently, it would be a good idea to focus an update every now and then on fixing bugs, because when new content is added, there's bound to be bugs as well. So the bugs begin to pile up until the point where the game becomes unstable, and I got hate comments. Which are probably from those bloodsuckers that are only interested in the next update being released with new content, and if it's delayed, they get mad.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
I'll have some fun looking how you react to the 3.14 changelog, it's some sort of answer to these posts :p

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
Vinfamy writes on Patreon and in his mail to the patrons:
(Btw, , as a free game of course, so that hopefully more people can find out about the project. The links to download the game from are exactly the same as the Mega and Mediafire links below, so if you don't mind a couple extra clicks, you can help promote the project by and access the Mega and Mediafire links from there instead of from below - you don't need to register or log in at all.)

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
JayAndal25

The last version before implementing the new sex system was 3.10; as I couldn't find a repository all I can do is sharing my 64 bits PC version file.

And thank again to Vinfamy... and to the Mysterious Modder too. ;)

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes