Wolvenwood

May 20, 2018
I'm waiting till the full 5.0 update before redownloading the entire game, figure it might be best to do it that way to avoid all the bugs that come with the beta updates.

Reactions: Edwarf

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
What's the problem?

Honest question because if its the dark skin tone, let me tell you that this game has some lighting issues making already dark colours appear darker most of the time.

Edit: Re-reading my comment I realized that it might look offensive. I meant no disrespect. What I meant was "unnaturally" black.

The only problem I have found with skins (and maybe others can confirm my suspicion), if you use a lot of characters with custom skins (created with FaceGen), the default ones shrink. Next time I'll take a screenshot.
There is no issue with your comment here. The only goofy issues I have had with models, aside from clipping of course, is one of the people had a tiny slit in their dong. It honestly looked like someone took a blade and went down the middle.
someone knows how to fix this skin error problem View attachment 1821827
My guess would be to get their digits and adjust the skin manually if you don't like having shadow people in your game. Now, to save my self some trouble, I mean these folk

valaid

Nov 6, 2019
What's the problem?

Honest question because if its the dark skin tone, let me tell you that this game has some lighting issues making already dark colours appear darker most of the time.

Edit: Re-reading my comment I realized that it might look offensive. I meant no disrespect. What I meant was "unnaturally" black.

The only problem I have found with skins (and maybe others can confirm my suspicion), if you use a lot of characters with custom skins (created with FaceGen), the default ones shrink. Next time I'll take a screenshot.
this error is in all the characters and in my character

Ritsujin

May 30, 2018
Huh, there an update-only?

Edit: Facepalm all you want, at least give me an answer. :HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain:
Asking 'cause the save note was talking about it.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: PhazeUFO

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Huh, there an update-only?
From Vinfamy's changelog for v5.00 Beta 3:
[...]
- This is the third out of 6 updates as part of the v5.0 Overhaul. Note that just like last year's overhaul, this overhaul involves modifying and moving around a lot of old game files, which makes it impossible to make the lighter 'Update Only' downloads available. Therefore, only the full downloads are available for these 6 updates in April and May. The Update Only downloads will be back to usual for v5.1 (8 June).
[...]

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ritsujin

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Any fix for NPCs clustering at spawn point the outside locations like forest?
I think that was one of the things they were going to fix with the next update. Also, the newest update seems to give some issues where you can't get rid of your companion unless you have an event that does so, or you start a quest which gets rid of them. I believe this is only if you are living with them, such as your spouse. The error I got blamed the ravager mod, so it is probably just a bit out of date.

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
everybody having problem with camera ?
if anybody have solution can you share ?
Yes. But it's seems engine related settings, no option to change ingame (All newly opened scene start with camera position at room center and camera focused to PC by default. It's annoying after a short time.).

daunjaun21

Jul 30, 2018
You're not alone...lol. I had alot of characters with their own custom skin. Had to start new game and leave them all out, just to play without the shrinking textures.

chwX

Aug 23, 2017
You're not alone...lol. I had alot of characters with their own custom skin. Had to start new game and leave them all out, just to play without the shrinking textures.
Edit: Didn't work, just ignore all this below!

I think there's a fix as the issue is not with the game per se, but an unreal engine behaviour when it runs out of memory. We could try .

TLDR: Increase the texture pool size adding the line r.Streaming.PoolSize=# to the default engine config file under [/Script/Engine.RendererSettings].

Example:

Code:
[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=2
r.DefaultFeature.AutoExposure=False
r.TextureStreaming=True
r.Streaming.PoolSize=1000
r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusionStaticFraction=False
r.AllowStaticLighting=True
r.MinScreenRadiusForCSMDepth=0.010000
r.AllowOcclusionQueries=True
The number is the MB allocated to textures; be wary of your video ram. The path of the config file should be LifePlay\LifePlay\Config\DefaultEngine.ini

NOT TESTED! I am away from my gaming PC this weekend; I will try on Monday.

Last edited:

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Kinks of the Month for March (v5.2 & v5.3)
please vote before 3 June
- x1 Weighted Poll for $1 to $4 Patrons:
- x3 Weighted Poll for $5 to $9 Patrons:
- x9 Weighted Poll for $10 or above Patrons:

Reactions: Kassan06969

babado

Jun 24, 2018
i try this game again like twice a year and every single time the same thing happens
i spent hours using the crazy character designer to make someone
then i get into the game and quit out of frusteration as the ability to manage time and travel and such is so maddeding
also every single menu is broken, the map is nearly wothless considering the shear number of locations that you can only see or interact with if you spent enough time getting the camera angle juuuuuuuust right

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PhazeUFO

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
i try this game again like twice a year and every single time the same thing happens
i spent hours using the crazy character designer to make someone
then i get into the game and quit out of frusteration as the ability to manage time and travel and such is so maddeding
also every single menu is broken, the map is nearly wothless considering the shear number of locations that you can only see or interact with if you spent enough time getting the camera angle juuuuuuuust right
The only issue I have with the map is that it loads the name of locations when you are viewing them, so if you turn the camera or move it, it unloads then loads again, potentially new locations.

Reactions: Coomer341 and srg91

shadyms

Mar 8, 2018
guys idk if it's normal but when the save file gets bigger the game becomes so much slower.. i mean npc spawning takes more time and scenes take too much to trigger.. anyway to prevent that?

Reactions: srg91

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
In my game experience:

-The camera became a tad annoying. When you move to another place, the came is by default in aerial view (from above) and inside your character's head. Having to adjust the camera EVERYTIME after you travel somewhere is not a huge issue per se, just annoying.
- If a person sends you a video and you either touch yourself right there or resist the urge, in the next scene you're going to spawn at home, it doesn't matter if you where somewhere else or in the middle of an action. (Only way to prevent this is to 'tell them off', and that takes rapport and attraction points away.

Aside from that, I didn't have any other issues. It was a solid update and I enjoy the new interactions and places.

Reactions: chiperman

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
guys idk if it's normal but when the save file gets bigger the game becomes so much slower.. i mean npc spawning takes more time and scenes take too much to trigger.. anyway to prevent that?
Yes. As you progress your playthrough the game will be contains more and more npc. Some will be your contact some not. But the scenes depend on querys (for example when a scene calls someone specific the query run on every npc while the sctript find one or not), so if more npc has in your game the querys and the game overall performance will be drop. The trigger time distributed on applied mods, so if that your mods are big or you use lot of mods then lot of script fall in the AI's 'waitingtotrigger' pool. And it also depends on your game settings how frequently they appear (default value is 2 what is a multiplier for all scene, halfing the timeout values of the scripts). About a savefile: it's also get bigger and bigger, because contains all of created npcs, and they different statuses.
There is some way to reduce the noncontact npcs, but it can break some multiple stage scenes to be continued. The Nickno's NPC manager can do a lot of things with npcs like deleting from the game complete npc groups (like the noncontact npcs). So there you can regain some performance temporary. The rest depends on the performance of your machine, graphic settings, etc... Ah, and the dressing up npcs has take time and perf too.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: shadyms

babado

Jun 24, 2018
The only issue I have with the map is that it loads the name of locations when you are viewing them, so if you turn the camera or move it, it unloads then loads again, potentially new locations.
yes exactly, its practically unplayable this way

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes