naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Hmm, F95 has been kinda quirky lately notifying about replies to the thread...

(...) but id like to see the current game finished first taking on too much can lead to burn out and i'd like to see a full complete story before he take on another project
Oh definitely, one project is taking up all the time I have and then some. I have no idea how some devs manage it, really. We'll have a full and complete story for LomL released before any new project is started, whenever/whatever that will be.

Bobotheclown

Mar 4, 2018
Hmm, F95 has been kinda quirky lately notifying about replies to the thread...

Oh definitely, one project is taking up all the time I have and then some. I have no idea how some devs manage it, really. We'll have a full and complete story for LomL released before any new project is started, whenever/whatever that will be.
Good to hear! When the game is finished and you have time, perhaps you could come up with the most bad-ass-barbarian mom for the next game! Perhaps someone who calls every annoying person a "Hooligani" and casually walks around grocery-shopping while waving around an M134 portable minigun. Moms can be scary, they don't look dangerous, but they are! Powerful too! When she is cooking, she can say one liners, like making shishkebab she says "Stick around!" When she washes the veggies she says something along the line of "Now you'll get to the choppa!" or something like that. The possibilities are endless!

I was serious with my Arnie comment. It may seem ridiculous to some, but over-the-top characters are always the most memorable and in our cruel world we need said ridiculousness.

"I'll be back!"

g6107419

Nov 25, 2018
Still supporting this great game :)

Game dev, should we look to expect bi-yearly updates going forward?

Hope you're all doing well and safe

Sabberlott

Oct 29, 2018
naughtyroad Out of interest, do you have any plans on how many chapters the final game will have (even a ballpark-number), or are you making decisions as things go along?

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
naughtyroad Out of interest, do you have any plans on how many chapters the final game will have (even a ballpark-number), or are you making decisions as things go along?
There's a story arc I want to cover that I set out at the start, and the structure of the chapters sort of follow milestones in that arc, but some of it is definitely seat of the pants. For instance, I'd intended to some of the events from chapter 4 in chapter 3, but when laying out the events on calendar, it turned out it was too many to fit in a single week, so they shuffled over and folded into chapter 4 events. Another example is the whole thing with the 3 office ladies, which sort of happens as I go along.

As to how where we stand compared to the original plan; well, with chapter 4 we'll have covered a decent portion the original outline already, and if I were to follow that original roadmap, we'd be about 2/3rds-ish to completion. But along the way, there's also been quite a few ideas that presented themselves, and, if the audience is willing, we might as well visit a bunch of those and take the scenic route, so to say, provided it doesn't water the whole experience down and allows for the audience to finally taste some of that dangling fruit, mind you. But those aren't fully formed ideas just yet, and developing those ideas further will have to wait until after chapter 4 is out.

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
There's a story arc I want to cover that I set out at the start, and the structure of the chapters sort of follow milestones in that arc, but some of it is definitely seat of the pants.... But along the way, there's also been quite a few ideas that presented themselves, and, if the audience is willing, we might as well visit a bunch of those and take the scenic route, so to say,...
It's great to know you have the start, the important events, and the end in mind! And it is even better that you consider adding events here and there to enrich the game experience, so we players can taste this exquisite delight a little longer!

Grev7

Mar 30, 2018
There's a story arc I want to cover that I set out at the start, and the structure of the chapters sort of follow milestones in that arc, but some of it is definitely seat of the pants. For instance, I'd intended to some of the events from chapter 4 in chapter 3, but when laying out the events on calendar, it turned out it was too many to fit in a single week, so they shuffled over and folded into chapter 4 events. Another example is the whole thing with the 3 office ladies, which sort of happens as I go along.

As to how where we stand compared to the original plan; well, with chapter 4 we'll have covered a decent portion the original outline already, and if I were to follow that original roadmap, we'd be about 2/3rds-ish to completion. But along the way, there's also been quite a few ideas that presented themselves, and, if the audience is willing, we might as well visit a bunch of those and take the scenic route, so to say, provided it doesn't water the whole experience down and allows for the audience to finally taste some of that dangling fruit, mind you. But those aren't fully formed ideas just yet, and developing those ideas further will have to wait until after chapter 4 is out.
I really appreciate your game. Having a plan is important. Some developers take on too much in terms of the game's scope and ultimately abandon the game or finish it abruptly. One of the most important things is the pacing.

I'm not telling you how to do your "job". You do it right, the way it is.

Personally, I do not care about the office ladies. If it hinders the story progression of both girls, I would not care if they dissappeared.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes